5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Ram 1500 Current Owners - Discussion, Feedback, and Problems

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Since you already have the kit, just install it yourself- remove the back trim panel, swap out the new controller with your existing one, and insert the 9 wires into those two connectors on the back wall. Then have the dealer flash the sales code.
Hardest part of the job is getting to the module. Some are over complicating it the procedure.

Chrysler has always had terrible comic book instructions for their accessories.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Complete instructions below. Still thinking about what to do.

Looks pretty straightforward. Shouldn't take more than an hour or two. I wouldn't want to tackle that job this time of year in PHX, unless you have an air conditioned garage.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks pretty straightforward. Shouldn't take more than an hour or two. I wouldn't want to tackle that job this time of year in PHX, unless you have an air conditioned garage.
I mean, if you start the job at 1am, might not be too bad

azzx

Reaction score
The low temp at 1 am is around 90!
Probably a project for when I get back to my cabin up north -- 30 degrees cooler

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The low temp at 1 am is around 90!
Probably a project for when I get back to my cabin up north -- 30 degrees cooler
Oh, I know, but like you said that's the low temp. And it's a dry heat, so should be good, right? Lol

AleksanderSuave

Reaction score
Thanks for reminding me, I joined Costco a couple months back and filled up my other car their a few weeks ago, I think I do recall seeing the 91 now as I thought it was odd since everyone else has 93 in my area.
Yeah we got a similar competitor club built about 2-3 years ago not far from the house, its called BJs, I can count on one hand how many times Ive filled up at any other gas station since, but I do remember putting in 93 in at odd gas stations when I still had my sports car. The jump from 89 to 93 is odd in many cases. Its like they need to standardize what midgrade should be (89 or 91) and go from there.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah we got a similar competitor club built about 2-3 years ago not far from the house, its called BJs, I can count on one hand how many times Ive filled up at any other gas station since, but I do remember putting in 93 in at odd gas stations when I still had my sports car. The jump from 89 to 93 is odd in many cases. Its like they need to standardize what midgrade should be (89 or 91) and go from there.
IMO, 89 is always mid grade. 91 or 93 are premium. But then you get in Midwest states where you have E10 87 and ethanol free 87 and some stations call E10 mid grade and others call the ethanol free midgrade.

larryinokc

Reaction score
Pretty -- love the wheels.
mine came with a 20in full chrome wheels (hate it)
Please post the tow hook setp/P# that bolts on your truck. I am hesitant to order tow hooks designed for 2019-2024.

Thank you
This is my first post, but regarding the tow hooks...if I've done my research correctly, any Gen 5 tow hooks should work. The bezels, however, would probably be a dealer only item.

larryinokc

Reaction score
Yea I tried to put the same Diode Dynamics rear CMSHL bulbs in that worked fine with my 2019 and they caused issues with the key fob not working when the bulbs were on with my 2025. Not only that is the bulbs caused some kind of interference with my garage door opener. As soon as I parked the truck in the garage under the opener the door opener started to overheat and the garage door was opening on it's own. I quickly switched the bulbs back to stock and no more issues.
I've never had any luck with Diode Dynamics products. I just went out and pulled a bulb out of my tail light housing, it's a 7443. Headlight Revolution has GTR Lighting non-error bulbs for $78/pair and Morimoto bulbs for $60/pair, and they're also non-error, and have a built in fan. I was running the GTR's in my 23 Big Horn, then switched over to the Morimotos, as they are a LOT brighter. I plan to do the same thing with my 2025 Big Horn.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've never had any luck with Diode Dynamics products. I just went out and pulled a bulb out of my tail light housing, it's a 7443. Headlight Revolution has GTR Lighting non-error bulbs for $78/pair and Morimoto bulbs for $60/pair, and they're also non-error, and have a built in fan. I was running the GTR's in my 23 Big Horn, then switched over to the Morimotos, as they are a LOT brighter. I plan to do the same thing with my 2025 Big Horn.
Thanks, let me know how they work once you install them.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is my first post, but regarding the tow hooks...if I've done my research correctly, any Gen 5 tow hooks should work. The bezels, however, would probably be a dealer only item.
Yes, from what I'm finding the tow hooks should work. Looking at a couple trucks that had the tow hooks their does not appear to be a separate bezel for the 2025, the cut outs are in the plastic part of the lower grill now with the bezels already kind of built in with the covers behind them. All you should have to do is push the tabs on the back side of the covers to remove. I see mopar sites selling kits for the 2025's with the old bezels, they clearly will not fit and are not needed.

1718579381089.jpeg

Last edited:

AleksanderSuave

Reaction score
IMO, 89 is always mid grade. 91 or 93 are premium. But then you get in Midwest states where you have E10 87 and ethanol free 87 and some stations call E10 mid grade and others call the ethanol free midgrade.
Im in the midwest, and used to seek out e85 for my ethanol-tuned car. After getting bored slow-filling at the pumps, I read the signs posted and saw that ethanol "blends" (even e85) arent really e85, and that the other octanes can routinely have ethanol in them too. Throughout the seasons the actual ethanol content routinely changed too. I got to a point where I was filling up at the same station every time just to try to maintain consistency.

All of that eventually lead me to just buying a flex-fuel module, because it was way too complicated to constantly keep track of.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Im in the midwest, and used to seek out e85 for my ethanol-tuned car. After getting bored slow-filling at the pumps, I read the signs posted and saw that ethanol "blends" (even e85) arent really e85, and that the other octanes can routinely have ethanol in them too. Throughout the seasons the actual ethanol content routinely changed too. I got to a point where I was filling up at the same station every time just to try to maintain consistency.

All of that eventually lead me to just buying a flex-fuel module, because it was way too complicated to constantly keep track of.
Yeah, in winter it drops to 70%, and it only has to have "up to" 85% ethanol. Talking to local tuners, they tune for E70, and there's not a significant difference in power trying to tune for 85%, and constantly testing and worrying about having 85%.

Peterhenric

Reaction score
I am in the process of ordering a Limited with the night edition package. Do any of you know the difference between the “power mirrors” that come with that package compared to the “black power folding trailer tow” mirrors that are an optional item?

Coming from a Ford, I have loved my trailer tow mirrors and want something like them but don’t know what my options really are. Any help is appreciated.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am in the process of ordering a Limited with the night edition package. Do any of you know the difference between the “power mirrors” that come with that package compared to the “black power folding trailer tow” mirrors that are an optional item?

Coming from a Ford, I have loved my trailer tow mirrors and want something like them but don’t know what my options really are. Any help is appreciated.
The RAM power tow mirrors are rated as some of the best. They redesigned them for the 2025 so they aren't the moose mirrors anymore. They are power extending, power folding, pretty much power everything. Even the blind spot mirror I adjustable.

Users who are viewing this thread