5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Ram 1500 Current Owners - Discussion, Feedback, and Problems

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
I have young daughters, so would like to confirm that it comes with a condom dispenser built in?
the area 69 package includes that option and not available without the package which is $6,969.00, it includes full size tissue dispenser, condom dispenser extra wide rear seat and a storage compartment under the rear seat for wet wipes and towels. wet wipes, towels and tissue not included. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Reverse

Reaction score
My list of likes/dislikes/observations to date

My Truck: 2025 Big Horn. level 1, Sport PCKG. 4X4, 3.0 I6 Hurricane Turbo ESS, Anti-spin diff. 3.92 gears, 33-gal tank.

Build date: March 24, 2024

Buy date: May 18, 2024

Total miles to date: 650

Price:
  • Window sticker: $64,339
  • Purchase price: $56,659
  • OTD price including tax, license, doc fees, etc.: $62,700
Note: for few comparisons --- my Previous truck: 4x4 2019 Laramie, level 2 / sport package. 5.7, 3.92 gears, 33gal tank

Fuel economy of my 2019 with Hemi.
  • Same driver, driving habits, city & HWY routes – 37000 miles
  • Avg city: 16MPG
  • Avg HWY: 19MPG --- Avg speed: 75MPH
  • Avg towing (7000lb trailer) AZ to destination in UT: 12MPG
Fuel economy with the 2025 Hurricane engine to date:

*** not enough miles yet. These number may change
  • Avg. city: 17 MPG
  • Avg. HWY: 22 MPG --- Avg. speed: 75MPH
  • Avg. City/HWY: TBD
  • Avg towing: TBD – can’t tow for a couple of months. See below
Assume mileage will improve with more miles.

List of likes so far:
  • The motor feels (seat of the pants) that it has more power & torque. There are many reviews out there that talk about this with measured data. Have no idea how it feels/performs when towing.
  • Many STD safety features
  • Same nice driving experience/ride quality
Dislikes – I am sure these will be remedied over the next few months

Mopar accessories:

** Many dealers and all online Mopar parts distributors do not have the 2025 listed yet,
  • No trailer brake controller kit yet. If you need a controller and have an option – order it from factory. After many hours of research, finally sat down with my dealer’s part manager and called RAM engineering/tech support.
  • Correct part number is 82219240AA – it will be released in couple of months.
  • The controller mounting location is no longer under the dash. It has moved to the rear cab wall behind the seat. TB validated when I get my kit installed in couple of months. *** some dealers/on-line Mopar dealers have listed incorrect part numbers.
  • Bed step from 2019-2024 does not fit
  • No rear mud flaps – front mud flaps are the same as 19-24
  • ** I will stop buying accessories for now - so far I have returned many of them.
Accessories that fit from 2019 to 2024 - so far:

1- Hard Mopar tannue cover

2- Rubber floor mats

3- Rubber bed mat

4- Any brand running board -I Installed the Tyger TRX knock-offs, which fit perfectly and look good.

Dislikes so far (mostly subjective):
  • No glorious Hemi sound! Hurricane sounds like a swing machine.
  • Dont care about stop/start feature - no big deal, I can turn it off
  • Dont care about no ACC position for ignition, it is either off or on -- getting used to it!
  • Dont like the small center info screen on the dashboard (Not a problem in higher trims ) --- really RAM - in 2025 you still have to use your 20-year supply of DS parts?
  • Dont like no ventilated seats --- I live in AZ --- Level 2 option should take care of this
  • Prices are obscene
  • Build quality (this is on me, I should have done a better job inspecting the truck before paying for it) Body gaps, dent in the rear door. All fixed by the dealer’s body shop.
Hope this helps -
'prices are obscene' is right: a Big Horn for 62K , that's what my Limited cost in 2019. Other than that, sounds like a good truck, but parts situation is not ideal. I'll stick with my 2020 for now. Thanks for the info.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2019 Bighorn stickered for just under 57K although it was heavily optioned, I tried to price pretty much the same truck in a 2025 and it came in at 62K so about a 5K increase from 2018 when I bought it, but getting adaptive cruise/lane centering. My 2025 Laramie stickered at 69K.

Last edited:

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don’t own one, but I test drove a 2025 Bighorn and the windshield was not sealed correctly at the factory. Lots of air coming in around the glass. Unknown if this will also be a water leak. Just thought I’d post this as a point of reference in case anybody else sees this problem too.

azzx

Reaction score
Except for a couple of body pannel misalignments (fixed by the dealer), no other quality issues so far.
Extremely quiet at speeds above 70.
Down shifting at times is harsh/jerky in lower gears, may improve with miles. I know on my 19, there was a tsb that fixed it.

Last edited:

azzx

Reaction score
Guys,
First MPG report
2nd tank. filled up at 267 miles, took 12.6 gallons.
So the hand-calculated MPG is @ 21.2 MPG
Trip computer indicated 20.4 MPG
breakdown of 267 travelled miles:
150 HWY mostly downhill (MPG was at 24 when I hit the city limit)
117 city miles
The true test is my city MPG over the next few days.
My Hemi post fillup and 100 or so miles of city driving was consistently around 15MPG.

Ultimately - I don't care much about the MPG, just having fun with the new engine!
Also, I always filled the Hemi with premium, the 2025 Hurricane asks for 87. This will save a few bucks over many thousands of miles!

azzx

Reaction score
Biggest improvement from my 2019 is the AC. Works 10 times better.
Agree - the AC is awesome. It is 110 in PHX metro today, went shopping and the truck sat under the scorching sun for an hour, After I got into the truck, had the AC on full blast only for a minute
My 2019's AC improved after the dealer did a TSB which required taking the entire dash out and replacing a lot of the pats.

azzx

Reaction score
Added EGR side moldings -- they look same as the RAM moldings that I added to my 2019 @ $750!
EGR was $150
They sent me the wrong kit, the piece that mounts on the bed was for the long bed.
Otherwise all good.
Another piece of trivia -- got 19 MPG on the way up, about 2 MPG better than my Hemi

IMG20240609111514.jpg

jmeyer118

Reaction score
Working as a Ram dealer tech, I have all that information....
Can you tell me where I would find the security gateway module (if mine has one). Looking to add first responder lighting to the truck if possible (ie headlight tail light flash with Speed turtle OBDII Module). My truck info: 2025 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Big Horn I6 Hurricane.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can you tell me where I would find the security gateway module (if mine has one). Looking to add first responder lighting to the truck if possible (ie headlight tail light flash with Speed turtle OBDII Module). My truck info: 2025 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Big Horn I6 Hurricane.
Attached information.

Attachments

• SGM REMOVE.pdf
    115 KB · Views: 14
  • SGM CONNECTOR.pdf
    387.2 KB · Views: 12
  • SGM LOCATION.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 11

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Guys,
First MPG report
2nd tank. filled up at 267 miles, took 12.6 gallons.
So the hand-calculated MPG is @ 21.2 MPG
Trip computer indicated 20.4 MPG
breakdown of 267 travelled miles:
150 HWY mostly downhill (MPG was at 24 when I hit the city limit)
117 city miles
The true test is my city MPG over the next few days.
My Hemi post fillup and 100 or so miles of city driving was consistently around 15MPG.

Ultimately - I don't care much about the MPG, just having fun with the new engine!
Also, I always filled the Hemi with premium, the 2025 Hurricane asks for 87. This will save a few bucks over many thousands of miles!
I thought the SO asked for 89, like the Hemi, but would run on 87?

AleksanderSuave

Reaction score
I thought the SO asked for 89, like the Hemi, but would run on 87?
Its the opposite actually. It specifies that 87 is the fuel required, but will run better on higher octane. There is no mention of 89 at all, which was a myth added more or less entirely by forum discussions and assumptions.

https://vehicleinfo.mopar.com/asset...25/1500_DT/100150_25_DT_OM_EN_USC_DIGITAL.pdf Page 349 of the manual covers fueling.

This engine is designed to meet all emissions requirements, and provide satisfactory fuel economy and performance, when using high-quality unleaded regular gasoline having an octane rating of 87, as specified by the (R+M)/2 method. The use of 91 or higher octane premium gasoline will allow these engines to operate to optimal performance. This increase in performance is most noticeable in hot weather or under heavy load conditions such as while towing.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Its the opposite actually. It specifies that 87 is the fuel required, but will run better on higher octane. There is no mention of 89 at all, which was a myth added more or less entirely by forum discussions and assumptions.

https://vehicleinfo.mopar.com/asset...25/1500_DT/100150_25_DT_OM_EN_USC_DIGITAL.pdf Page 349 of the manual covers fueling.
I'd personally still run higher octane. I like being able to have the full potential of my engine available

azzx

Reaction score
Attached information.
I regret not taking a picture.
Got a call from my dealer that the brake controller kit is in. 82219240AA
1- dash switch is the same
2- The control box is twice the size of the older ones, only one input
There was a bag of many wires and a harness. I guess you have to splice stuff!
no instructions, the QR code went to a Mopar site - no instruction found

THe dealer's tech is clueless as to how this whole jumble of mess is supposed to work.
they said that they would "investigate"

Do you have access to any of the details about the trailer brake controller on 2025?

thanks

azzx

Reaction score

dammitbobby

Reaction score
I regret not taking a picture.
Got a call from my dealer that the brake controller kit is in. 82219240AA
1- dash switch is the same
2- The control box is twice the size of the older ones, only one input
There was a bag of many wires and a harness. I guess you have to splice stuff!
no instructions, the QR code went to a Mopar site - no instruction found

THe dealer's tech is clueless as to how this whole jumble of mess is supposed to work.
they said that they would "investigate"

Do you have access to any of the details about the trailer brake controller on 2025?

thanks
That’s not very encouraging for me who screwed the pooch and didn’t order a break controller on my build because I figured I’d just install it when I needed it. How much did the kit cost?

azzx

Reaction score
The kit is $325, however based on my info. at this moment it is not plug and play -- regardless of location of the controller.
The kit is an afterthought, they may come up with a plug and play version later I (ASSume)!

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have never scene 91 actane in my area so far I have ran two tanks of Shell 93 and I believe the dealer probably filled it with 87 for the first thank. I am going to try 89 on the next tank to see if I notice any performance/mpg loss.

Users who are viewing this thread