5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Ram 1500 Current Owners - Discussion, Feedback, and Problems

Sigh.you all are quite brave to purchase and work through the early adopter bugs.

Just is disappointing that its you early adopters that get to deal with all this beta testing, while the techs aren't even aware of what it takes to fix it. Then to top it off, they keep your rig for weeks or months while they are learning how to repair them, if they even learn how.

At least they could give you a suitable value rental and make your loan payments but I doubt that will ever happen.
I kept delaying my new truck purchase because there was always something I wasn't happy with. The last couple years of the hemi, I found it almost impossible for myself to pull the trigger on a truck with the e-torque system. I almost ended up with a GMC, but then I wasn't completely satisfied with their product either. You get to a point where you can't wait any longer. The 33 gallon gas tank and my overall fondness of the RAM design kept pulling my back to RAM. I did wait a few months in the hope that most of the bugs would be worked out. My truck is an August build and so far no issues with 2400 miles on it. Guys keep saying you should wait a couple of years after they introduce some new major changes, but the problem is you wait too long and then there will be a new truck coming and we will all be back in the exact same position again. So far, I have been happy and pleasantly surprised with my 2025.

Last edited:
Yeah if I would have known that they changed up all the electrical on this 2025, I would have went with a 2024 model. I had big plans for this truck as I thought it was as easy to modify as the previous years. Oh well.. The only positive I see for when they keep it and give me a loaner is that I don't put miles on my truck. I usually but 150 a week if that, but still, hope it keeps the mileage down and my resell up. Once I find out that I'm positive, I'll be trading in for a GMC.
Jimmy has been making some progress on figuring out how to make changes to the BCM. If he can figure this out and I get to add proximity door handles and cooled seats, I'll keep this truck until my extended warranty is out. 7 year/100k miles.

So far bugs I have or had with my limited

4 mystery on the 2 white dash lights on each side of instrument panel. When I first got the truck they weren’t on but after the radio deal above they are lit up all the time now. It’s part of cruise control but ai would think with it off they would go off.

All this ram tech is so foreign to me I don’t know what’s right and what’s not.
If you're talking about the white light that is from top to bottom on the side of the instrument panel, I think they're supposed to be there. They were there on my '22 Grand Cherokee Overland. If you set the truck to drive itself, the lights turn green. After about 10 seconds if your hands are off the steering wheel, it turns yellow. After about another 10 seconds with your hands off the wheel it turns red and starts flashing and beeping until you put your hands back onto the wheel. Then the entire process starts once again.

If you're talking about the white light that is from top to bottom on the side of the instrument panel, I think they're supposed to be there. They were there on my '22 Grand Cherokee Overland. If you set the truck to drive itself, the lights turn green. After about 10 seconds if your hands are off the steering wheel, it turns yellow. After about another 10 seconds with your hands off the wheel it turns red and starts flashing and beeping until you put your hands back onto the wheel. Then the entire process starts once again.
Sounds like the light on the top of the steering wheel in GMs with Super Cruise.

Has anyone done a oil/filter change so far?
Oil filter is easy access compared to Hemie.
I am at 4900 miles, probably go to the dealer for the service. I am concerned about dealer overfilling and without a dipstick is hard to have an accurate read

I pushed the start button Sunday and it didn't try to start, just flashed a series of messages. Then it would not shut off the electronics because it said the engine was running and in gear but it was neither. So I disconnected both batteries, tried again, same same. Disconnected both batteries and called the tow truck Monday morning. Its now sitting at the dealer and I am walking...
They opened a Star case on mine, its only 1 month old and 2000 miles. 2025 Big Horn level 2.

Last edited:
Then it goes from red flashing/beeping to red and blues coming on while the onboard wifi printer spits out a citation for: Driver inattention/daydreaming about that blonde and getting a whipple put on.

I pushed the start button Sunday and it didn't try to start, just flashed a series of messages. Then it would not shut off the electronics because it said the engine was running and in gear but it was neither. So I disconnected both batteries, tried again, same same. Disconnected both batteries and called the tow truck Monday morning. Its now sitting at the dealer and I am walking...
They opened a Star case on mine, its only 1 month old and 2000 miles. 2025 Big Horn level 2.
Damn brother sorry to Hear that. Hopefully they can figure it out im a timely fashion. Did the dealer give you a loaner?

I’m still waiting on the software to be available to my dealer to try to fix my cylinder misfire cold start issue. I’m also now having an issue where the driver side window is slower than the passenger side, and it won’t automatically go up anymore.

Picked up mine on Saturday, on Sunday I realized the rear seat, driver side floor mat retainer disc wasn’t attached to the carpet. Dealer has to order entirely new rear carpet to fix 🤷🏻‍♂️

One annoyance I have noticed with the colder weather and of coarse the tire pressures dropping is that you have to fill the tires back up to exactly 39 llb feet or more for the light to go off. If you only fill to 37 or 38 then the light stays on even though 37 or 38 is an acceptable pressure. Kind of annoying. I usually keep the rears 1-2 lbs. less since their is less weight on the back end and I am usually not hauling anything heavy.

The SA says I am on a list for a loaner. Looks like I have some sort of fried module. I said why don't you just let me drive the Colorado I traded since its still on your lot 😆

Haven't had mine very long only 350 miles on it so far but had an issue with the 8.4 uconnect right off the bat. It wouldn't allow me to run android auto or Apple car play with a message that date and time were incorrect which they were not. A factory reset luckily fixed the issue.

One annoyance I have noticed with the colder weather and of coarse the tire pressures dropping is that you have to fill the tires back up to exactly 39 llb feet or more for the light to go off. If you only fill to 37 or 38 then the light stays on even though 37 or 38 is an acceptable pressure. Kind of annoying. I usually keep the rears 1-2 lbs. less since their is less weight on the back end and I am usually not hauling anything heavy.
I noticed the same a while back. I was running mine at 36F/34R and the dang light came on at 32PSI. Had to go up to 40 before it turned off.

I noticed the same a while back. I was running mine at 36F/34R and the dang light came on at 32PSI. Had to go up to 40 before it turned off.
The warlocks come with 55 front 45 rear seems like complete overkill on a half ton to me. I plan to play around with psi to see what rides the best and hopefully hp tuners will be able to change the factory tpms settings so the light doesn't stay on.

The warlocks come with 55 front 45 rear seems like complete overkill on a half ton to me. I plan to play around with psi to see what rides the best and hopefully hp tuners will be able to change the factory tpms settings so the light doesn't stay on.
It's due to those E rated tires lol, which I feel are overrated for that truck too.

Has anyone done a oil/filter change so far?
Oil filter is easy access compared to Hemie.
I am at 4900 miles, probably go to the dealer for the service. I am concerned about dealer overfilling and without a dipstick is hard to have an accurate read
No dipstick, sigh, first it was no tranny dipstick, now it is the oil. Is there anything else to remove and electronically monitor?

that's not something new -- my 14 Ram did the same thing when refilling the tires

I dropped the tire psi to 40 front and 38lbs rear and it handled much better and traction off the line was much improved. Surprisingly no low tire pressure warnings on the dash. I ran 50psi on e rated tires on all 4 corners of my diesel 3500 srw pickup when not towing. I'll watch for tire wear but I'd imagine even a few lbs lower would be fine given the curb weight on the warlock.

A warm hello from Germany,
I have a request for the owners of a 2025 RAM 1500. It seems that RAM has finally come up with a footrest for the left foot ?
Could someone please post some photos of it here?

I drive a 2022 RAM 1500 and have slight problems with my left foot on long distances, something I never had in my previous Jeep GC WK2 (w/ a dead pedal). So, a add-on dead pedal could possibly help. Maybe it's possible to retrofit the solution from the 2025 model?

Thank you all and have a wonderful weekend,

Check engine light is back. Rough startup continues, and man it’s rough on cold start. Dealership still does not have an update on the software on when it’ll be available to them. Bringing the truck back in to drop off for them, for them to run more tests to send to STAR…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back