5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Ram 1500 Current Owners - Discussion, Feedback, and Problems

Yeah I would say upgraded screen and passenger screen are gimmicks in my opinion. They got rid of physical buttons and replaced them with the screen for the 14 in screen, literally can’t use that screen space for anything else. As far as the passenger screen I don’t see myself or anyone else actually using it would have much preferred a top and bottom glove box.
I like the idea that the passenger can put in address while your driving.

Last edited:
Interesting, all my vehicles seem to get near 1500rpms or higher on initial start.
I didn't say other cars didn't initially rev high at start up but they start to settle down immediately in my other cars. This truck will stay revving at 1600-1700 rpm's for a few minutes. From outside the truck, it doesn't sound great and draws your attention to it. My other cars, everything just seems more naturally normal and I don't really notice anything peculiar or unpleasant about start up. But I will say from inside the Ram, it's very hard to notice anything as the interior and motor are very quiet even at high revs from inside the cabin. If idle revs were in the 1300-1500 rpm range at startup, I probably wouldn't notice as much and wouldn't question it.

Mine idles back down in under 30 seconds, not a few minutes.
same. Actually timed my 2021 Jeep with 3.6, sat at 1400 rpms for roughly 30 seconds then dropped under 1000. Went to the 2025 with 3.0 HO, ran at 1700 rpms and then dropped after 30-40 seconds to under 1000 rpms.

Last edited:
At what mileage are we pretty safe that we won't have the 2025 Hurricane gremlins?
I was at 4300 miles when the CEL finally came on for it. It happened while idling.

I also see the same when idling, it's about 30 seconds at most and it goes below 1k after.

I saw that as well...I was wondering if that came with the trailer tow mirrors? He never shows the actual truck and the truck isn't available on their site anymore to look at the window sticker.
From looking at previous year RAM forums/threads, it seems the mirror cam/turn signal issue has existed and been asked about a number of times in regards to the past 2-3 model years. Seems like it was a Uconnect version issue and some were able to get it enabled after resetting the UConnect system. I'm not ready to do that yet :). But, interestingly, I looked at the Build Number of my UConnect system and it shows a 2024 model year version. So maybe they haven't updated all of the 2025's with the current version? What Build Number do you have?

Here's a pic of my Build Number:

20241001_131702222_iOS.jpg

Mine idles back down in under 30 seconds, not a few minutes.
If I remote start it from inside my house, it usually starts to lower the idle as I'm getting in the truck. I didn't time it, but definitely a couple minutes. If I just start the truck normally, I usually don't wait before I start driving, so it could be 30 seconds in that case.

I’ve had a new ‘25 Limited Level A for about a week and everything about it is awesome. Still in the process of taking in all of the options. Ran across this video earlier today. At the 2:05 mark in the video below he’s talking about and showing how to activate the camera displaying when the turn signal is used. Another function I’ve seen is the cargo camera. Does anyone have this option? I don’t seem to have either if these. Maybe it’s an option that comes with a different package?

Do you have the tow mirrors?
Cargo camera still isn’t an option on the 1500. You can zoom in and see the camera options when he uses the turn signal camera, and cargo camera isn’t one of the available views.

Do you have the tow mirrors?
Cargo camera still isn’t an option on the 1500. You can zoom in and see the camera options when he uses the turn signal camera, and cargo camera isn’t one of the available views.

Thanks! I watched it again and now see that. I also watched the video again and saw, albeit briefly, that 1500 has the tow mirrors, which mine does not. That probably means that turn signal camera option is only available with the Tow Mirrors. I've looked and can't seem to find a definitive answer though.

Thanks! I watched it again and now see that. I also watched the video again and saw, albeit briefly, that 1500 has the tow mirrors, which mine does not. That probably means that turn signal camera option is only available with the Tow Mirrors. I've looked and can't seem to find a definitive answer though.
It has to have the tow mirrors to get that view from their cameras for the turn signals. Regular mirror cameras face straight down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back