5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 RAM 1500 BIGHORN 3.0 I HURRICANE twin-turbo, SO, 420HP - check engine light

its say supersedes sept 21 andt21 one to be removed from files and it a rsu for all
Correct. It’s the same TSB as the September one, except it’s revised. The revisions to the the September tsb are noted in the new one with asterisks. The only revision is the vehicle build dates have been changed to vehicles built up to October 4. It’s the same software flash that is able to be applied to more vehicles.
If you are seeing something else different, post up a pic.

Correct. It’s the same TSB as the September one, except it’s revised. The revisions to the the September tsb are noted in the new one with asterisks. The only revision is the vehicle build dates have been changed to vehicles built up to October 4. It’s the same software flash that is able to be applied to more vehicles.
If you are seeing something else different, post up a pic.
Out of curiosity I did have the flash preformed. I just called the dealer and they checked my vin and they did say there was an RSU for powertrain module, I had it done on the 9th of this month. Does it wipe it once preformed or does it just keep all the active effective vins

Out of curiosity I did have the flash preformed. I just called the dealer and they checked my vin and they did say there was an RSU for powertrain module, I had it done on the 9th of this month. Does it wipe it once preformed or does it just keep all the active effective vins
Which flash did they do? There are two tsbs that have revisions- one for the pcm, and one for the ignition control module.
Do you have a pic of your service ticket summary, and did they type in the tech notes what part number the flash was and what it was flashed to?
I have the a list of the current pcm and icm flash part numbers I can compare to.

Which flash did they do? There are two tsbs that have revisions- one for the pcm, and one for the ignition control module.
Do you have a pic of your service ticket summary, and did they type in the tech notes what part number the flash was and what it was flashed to?
I have the a list of the current pcm and icm flash part numbers I can compare to.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    15.7 KB · Views: 13
ok
had mine done on 8th so we is it the same i have appt nov 4 for oct 8 th one

Are the updates to my 2 modules the most current?

So when the system shows an rsu and I am up to date just disregard? Also if nice it’s an rsu is it covered under warranty I paid out of pocket for update
If you are exhibiting the customer symptoms described in a tsb, it is covered under warranty. If you are not exhibiting symptoms of a tsb, and you tell them to perform the tab flash anyway, you have to pay yourself. Since your VIN is listed as an RSU, I would see if they can double check your vehicle and see if you are owed a refund for paying out of pocket.
When they hook up to your truck, they will see a topography screen of all the modules on the vehicle, similar to the pic below. Any modules that have an available flash will show the green circle with white flash bolt.
IMG_1175.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back