5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 RAM 1500 BIGHORN 3.0 I HURRICANE twin-turbo, SO, 420HP - check engine light

If you are exhibiting the customer symptoms described in a tsb, it is covered under warranty. If you are not exhibiting symptoms of a tsb, and you tell them to perform the tab flash anyway, you have to pay yourself. Since your VIN is listed as an RSU, I would see if they can double check your vehicle and see if you are owed a refund for paying out of pocket.
When they hook up to your truck, they will see a topography screen of all the modules on the vehicle, similar to the pic below. Any modules that have an available flash will show the green circle with white flash bolt.
View attachment 191768
Ok thanks, do you happen to know if there’s any more misfire or transmission updates in the works by chance?

who wishes they had their hemi back ? also the dealerships don't wanna even try to figure anything out unless there is a cel even then good luck.

I recently purchased a 2025 RAM 1500 BIGHORN 3.0 I HURRICANE twin-turbo with 420HP. With less than 1,000 miles on it, I am incredibly frustrated to have encountered an issue with the check engine light for the second time. Despite using premium gas and driving conservatively, I have had to drop off my truck for service again.

The first time, they ran tests but found nothing. A week later, the light returned, and now my truck is back in service. The lack of online information only adds to my frustration, as I am left without any clear understanding of the cause.

This is a brand-new vehicle, and such issues highlight a significant failure in the QA process. The company must address and resolve this problem promptly. This situation is unacceptable and cannot continue.
My 25’ bighorn has 950 miles on it and so far so good. I have noticed a slight rough high idle on cold start and started to read up on it. The high idle is normal I understand but the rough idle I’m reading is throwing a code eventually that pertains to a PCM update. Fingers crossed it’s a simple fix if it does occur. I’m sure there will be a couple bugs on these new trucks. Loving the truck though even though I miss the Hemi sound some days.

My 25’ bighorn has 950 miles on it and so far so good. I have noticed a slight rough high idle on cold start and started to read up on it. The high idle is normal I understand but the rough idle I’m reading is throwing a code eventually that pertains to a PCM update. Fingers crossed it’s a simple fix if it does occur. I’m sure there will be a couple bugs on these new trucks. Loving the truck though even though I miss the Hemi sound some days.
The new thing I’m concerned about is the brakes failing that a user just posted about they had a little over 2000 miles and the dealer said there where 6 other cases of this

The new thing I’m concerned about is the brakes failing that a user just posted about they had a little over 2000 miles and the dealer said there where 6 other cases of this
I hadn’t seen that yet but yeah that’s a concern for sure. I’ll keep eyes open for more talk on that matter. I haven’t pulled my 7x12 inclosed yet with the new truck but I will be this week. I’m curious how it handles breaking with it. One thing I did find interesting is the 19’ bighorn with the 5.7 I had before this, held itself better on downhill grades. This 25’ likes to pick up speed pretty quick so more break applications.

I hadn’t seen that yet but yeah that’s a concern for sure. I’ll keep eyes open for more talk on that matter. I haven’t pulled my 7x12 inclosed yet with the new truck but I will be this week. I’m curious how it handles breaking with it. One thing I did find interesting is the 19’ bighorn with the 5.7 I had before this, held itself better on downhill grades. This 25’ likes to pick up speed pretty quick so more break applications.
I heard about that, hopefully tow mode slows it down, if not you can always use the steering wheel controls to change your gear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back