5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 RAM 1500 BIGHORN 3.0 I HURRICANE twin-turbo, SO, 420HP - check engine light

Update on my 2025 Laramie that's been sitting at the dealership for almost six weeks (due to a CEL). We had to expedite a second PCM, which took some effort because my case manager had to coordinate with multiple internal suppliers. The new PCM arrived recently, but the technicians couldn’t flash it due to an error code of "Invalid skim key" caused by a programming failure. An active DTC popped up, indicating another internal short in the PCM. The tech has now opened another STAR case and requested assistance from Stellantis. It seems there was some corruption during the flashing process.

What worries me is that ordering a new PCM is a major hassle due to severe backorders. The situation is incredibly frustrating, and I’m losing hope. I’m unfortunately starting to consider reaching out to lemon law attorneys. This is the second PCM they've tried to flash. Truly unacceptable.
Service techs aren't mechanics much anymore, they are programmers... Sad.

its crazy so many things it could be . diesel engines drive just like this when they have bad egr and map sensors

matt maran youtube 2025 ram problems he talk about his week with ram truck was honest watch hole thing talk about our problem and mine too hk stereo sucks my 2021 one was awesome

Service department called me today and asked if I wanted to put some miles on my truck this weekend and report back Monday. Star had them replace the maf. They haven't closed the ticket yet because they want to leave it open while some miles are put on it. That way, if it does it again they won't have to open another, I guess is the reasoning. So, I picked it up. No malfunction immediately, we'll see how it acts.

Service department called me today and asked if I wanted to put some miles on my truck this weekend and report back Monday. Star had them replace the maf. They haven't closed the ticket yet because they want to leave it open while some miles are put on it. That way, if it does it again they won't have to open another, I guess is the reasoning. So, I picked it up. No malfunction immediately, we'll see how it acts.
Keep us updated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back