5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 ram push to start not turning off draining battery

Axe009

Reaction score
Just dropped mine off at the dealer this morning. I'll post here as events unfold.

1stRAM24

Reaction score
please post and let us know what the fix was
I picked it up today around noon, the rep at the dealership said they worked along someone from Stellantis and did a whole factory reset to the computer so it should be good now but judging by the look in his face he didn’t look too convincing. Fingers crossed 🤞🏻

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 31

Bigred82

Reaction score
I picked it up today around noon, the rep at the dealership said they worked along someone from Stellantis and did a whole factory reset to the computer so it should be good now but judging by the look in his face he didn’t look too convincing. Fingers crossed
Curious if you are using the app or not since you've picked it up?

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk

1stRAM24

Reaction score
Curious if you are using the app or not since you've picked it up?

Yeah I’m still using the app and they didn’t mention anything about it at the dealership either.

Bigred82

Reaction score
Is everyone's problems resolved with their batteries?

1stRAM24

Reaction score
I got my truck back on Monday and so far no issues. Except for the Apple CarPlay that yesterday wouldn’t work at all but today it’s working fine.

FitzyCent

Reaction score
I got my truck back on Monday and so far no issues. Except for the Apple CarPlay that yesterday wouldn’t work at all but today it’s working fine.
Mine acts up when my phone is on the wireless charger has anyone else experienced this?

zvanberg

Reaction score
I had mine in also. First week I bought it. They charged battery and I also deleted the app an no issues

ram3500enjoyer

Reaction score
Mine (2024 ram 3500 limited dually, bought in December) died yesterday. This is the second time. First time it happened around 10 days ago. Took it to dealer then and they "fixed" the problem. One more failed to start and away she goes.

Bigred82

Reaction score
Mine (2024 ram 3500 limited dually, bought in December) died yesterday. This is the second time. First time it happened around 10 days ago. Took it to dealer then and they "fixed" the problem. One more failed to start and away she goes.
Any updates?

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
Hilarious email today - "Your Ram Connect trial* is coming to an end. Extend your trial before 03/19/2024 and get three more months** of connected performance – at no additional cost."

Connected performance my a..

Like most of you that have had this battery draining issue, or those of us scared they will get it eventually, i have deleted the app and havent used their uconnect trial at all :)
If they figure this mess out, they owe us a year long "trial" !

2024ram

Reaction score
just got a update from dealer they told me they are working on trucks one at a time with a ram engineer and they will be deleting the uconnect until further notice and that should "fix" the issue. Told me my truck will be worked on monday so we will see. Also told me mine is the second Ram that came back with problem but said they have over 100 grand cherokees and wrangler 4xe with the dead battery issue.
Ok got my Ram back a week ago after being at dealer for 2 weeks and it seems to be "fixed". I have 150 miles on it after getting it back and everything is working and no battery issues so far. Basically what was done at dealer were all computers disconnected and reset and reprogrammed the battery management system and did something with the telematics box. They also told me to delete App from phone until further notice. Im starting to love my truck again lets hope Ram figures out a long term cure. Just made my second payment and the trucks got a whopping 260 miles on her now.

1stRAM24

Reaction score
Since picking up my truck I haven’t had any issues and like someone else said, I’m loving it again. I still have the RAM app but I rarely use it. I think I’ve used it twice since I got the truck. I think have about 200 miles on it since I got it back on the 12th. The only thing that I’ve noticed now is that there’s a lapse on the touchscreen when I go from reverse back to drive, the screen goes blank for a few seconds, also when using the comfort function on the touchscreen it kind of freezes for a bit.

Mack11

Reaction score
could be only a small number overall are affected.
could also be that you truck was built before this issue started.
could be that whoever supplies the affected part changed an internal part that is not working as it should.

no one really knows at this point and most likely we will never be told.
Mine started doing the same thing 10 days after delivery on 06/18/2021 and has continued to this day.

Mack11

Reaction score
I'm having similar issues....Purchased new 2024 1500 limited a little over 2 weeks ago. No issues for first day but had to jump for the next 5 days. Dealership replaced the battery. Dead again the next morning. The dash lights stay on every evening and the battery is dead in the morning. After the jump, I have no problems throughout the day but dead if if sits overnight.
The truck has been back at the dealer for the past 5 days. They can't figure it out and they have heard nothing from RAM about the solution posted on this page. I've talked to the service crew about solutions posted on the forum and I am being told that they are going to give me the truck back tomorrow since they can't replicate the issue. Obviously frustrated. New truck only started without a jump one day since I bought it.
Hoping to hear a more feedback from those of you who have found solutions. Has anyone heard anything directly from RAM that they have a solution in the works? I would any information provided by RAM that may be helpful to share with my dealership. Any ideas on why the battery would die every night at my house but not at the dealer?
Thank you in advance for your time and help.
I have had the same issue intermittently since June 2021. Several times at dealer with no fix to date.

Mack11

Reaction score
very much interested in the outcome. I have exactly the same problem. After a new battery has been installed 10 days ago, my truck had to go back to the dealer on Saturday, still there. Got a message today "Something is draining the battery, we are working with Chrysler to solve the issue...". I am furious!!!! brand new truck.
According to this thread it seems that there are dozens of trucks that are affected by this problem (not all 2024 which is strange...) I am pretty certain that Chrysler is going to fight us tooth and nail in order not to give in to any "lemon law" which requires them to either give you your money back or a new truck (really?????? after what I am going through I am NOT going to buy another Ram, that's for sure!).
Same issue with my 2021 Laramie. I was unsuccessful with my lemon law case. Consult with an attorney.

ram3500enjoyer

Reaction score
So, I got it back from dealership and they're blaming the dashcam. I took it back to the installer and they took it off. Let's see if it happens again. (Installer checked the dashcam draw in the stand by mode, and it was only 10 mA.)

JoCa51

Reaction score
Did anyone get any solid answers from anyone on this? Just took my new Ram to the dealer tonight for what seems like is the same issue
2024 ram1500. 9days old, dealer has had it for 4 days .cant find problem, strike2, if it happens again , strike3, lemon law!!!
Did you ever get a clear answer on this I’m having the same issue. This is my radio after the truck has been off for over a half an hour. At the dealership now and won’t recreate the issue.

Attachments

• IMG_4710.jpeg
    IMG_4710.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 14

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online