5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 ram push to start not turning off draining battery

Jasper9567

Reaction score

mabrother

Reaction score
Mine 2024 Rebel died two days after bringing it home. I took it to the dealership and they told me about the app issue and recharged my battery.

I deleted the app and hadn’t driven it in three days due to COVID. Drove it today and started but fine, only concern was the battery was around 13.2-13.4 volts while driving. Is that normal? I know it only takes 12.6 volts to start but I thought I read somewhere that while driving it would be around 13.6-14 volts.

Asking because I don’t have confidence that my battery isn’t slowly draining.

JFLO31

Reaction score
I deleted the app last night and everything seems to be ok. The “push to start” prompt turns off in < 1 min after the truck is off.

Still something off though. With no fob if I go out and touch the door handle, the screen turns on for “push to start” the first time but then won’t after that. Additionally, the same prompt turns on every time I press the tailgate release button in the back. It has successfully turned off after every attempt, though. Anyone know if this symptom is considered normal?

wsmall

Reaction score
I'm having similar issues....Purchased new 2024 1500 limited a little over 2 weeks ago. No issues for first day but had to jump for the next 5 days. Dealership replaced the battery. Dead again the next morning. The dash lights stay on every evening and the battery is dead in the morning. After the jump, I have no problems throughout the day but dead if if sits overnight.
The truck has been back at the dealer for the past 5 days. They can't figure it out and they have heard nothing from RAM about the solution posted on this page. I've talked to the service crew about solutions posted on the forum and I am being told that they are going to give me the truck back tomorrow since they can't replicate the issue. Obviously frustrated. New truck only started without a jump one day since I bought it.
Hoping to hear a more feedback from those of you who have found solutions. Has anyone heard anything directly from RAM that they have a solution in the works? I would any information provided by RAM that may be helpful to share with my dealership. Any ideas on why the battery would die every night at my house but not at the dealer?
Thank you in advance for your time and help.

JFLO31

Reaction score
So I just got off the phone with the service director of my dealership. He stated that all of FCA/Stellantis is aware of the issue. They originally thought that it was from the app, but it is supposedly from the radio module that is looking for an over-the-air update throughout the night. Chrysler has turned off the update on their end, but he said it will require an electrician to reset everything on the truck itself from a service perspective to get it to stop from waking up. I have an appointment to go in on Friday to get everything squared away. He said he’s been in meetings all day about this, so I recommend everyone reaching out to their dealerships to see if this has trickled out nationwide.

Jasper9567

Reaction score
Mine 2024 Rebel died two days after bringing it home. I took it to the dealership and they told me about the app issue and recharged my battery.

I deleted the app and hadn’t driven it in three days due to COVID. Drove it today and started but fine, only concern was the battery was around 13.2-13.4 volts while driving. Is that normal? I know it only takes 12.6 volts to start but I thought I read somewhere that while driving it would be around 13.6-14 volts.

What they did is only a bandaid. You should be able to use all features on truck

Kunseldad

Reaction score
I'm having similar issues....Purchased new 2024 1500 limited a little over 2 weeks ago. No issues for first day but had to jump for the next 5 days. Dealership replaced the battery. Dead again the next morning. The dash lights stay on every evening and the battery is dead in the morning. After the jump, I have no problems throughout the day but dead if if sits overnight.
The truck has been back at the dealer for the past 5 days. They can't figure it out and they have heard nothing from RAM about the solution posted on this page. I've talked to the service crew about solutions posted on the forum and I am being told that they are going to give me the truck back tomorrow since they can't replicate the issue. Obviously frustrated. New truck only started without a jump one day since I bought it.
Hoping to hear a more feedback from those of you who have found solutions. Has anyone heard anything directly from RAM that they have a solution in the works? I would any information provided by RAM that may be helpful to share with my dealership. Any ideas on why the battery would die every night at my house but not at the dealer?
Do you still have the RAM app on your phone? Most likely they can't replicate because it's being caused by your RAM app.

krowicki

Reaction score

I'm having the same issues as everyone else in here. Leased a new 2024 1500 Big Horn three weeks ago and this is the second time I've taken it back to the dealer. They can't replicate the problem, and therefore refuse to do anything other than replace the battery and give it back to me. It's amazing that a dealer sells a product and acknowledges there's a problem, but refuses any accountability for it.

raskyr1

Reaction score
My truck has also been fine since last Friday when they replaced the battery and I deleted the app. I've gone out a few time during the night to verify no lights are on and so far so good. It sat in the driveway from Friday at 4PM until Sunday around 3PM too.

Axe009

Reaction score
'24 Limited Night Edition ~1000 miles - The battery dies overnight, and I have had to jump it at least four times now. I took it to a dealer out of town, but they couldn't find any issue with it. I'm planning to set up another appointment with a dealership near my home. However, I'm concerned that the repeated battery jumps might be damaging the alternator, as it keeps trying to charge a dead battery.
Is it reasonable to ask the dealership to install a new alternator along with a new battery...And whatever else they've found since this started.

krowicki

Reaction score

I started paying close attention to my voltage while driving/starting the truck also. It was taking a HUGE pull to start and around the same (13.2-13.4) while driving. I've deleted the app, and the dealership tells me they fixed the Uconnect issue, so I'll report back when I pick it up today.

krowicki

Reaction score
Got my truck back from the dealer today. They told me they were given guidance from Mopar on how to fix the problem. I also deleted the Ram App. The picture is what I just walked out to after 30 minutes of the truck shut off and locked.

I’ll most likely be looking at a dead battery in the near future.

Attachments

• IMG_1076.jpeg
    IMG_1076.jpeg
    51.6 KB · Views: 39

FitzyCent

Reaction score
Got my truck back from the dealer today. They told me they were given guidance from Mopar on how to fix the problem. I also deleted the Ram App. The picture is what I just walked out to after 30 minutes of the truck shut off and locked.

I’ll most likely be looking at a dead battery in the near future.
I come out to the same thing but it turns off after about an hour and a half

krowicki

Reaction score

That’s reassuring, thanks for letting me know. I saw you just got your ‘24. Any issues with it yet or are you still good?

FitzyCent

Reaction score
That’s reassuring, thanks for letting me know. I saw you just got your ‘24. Any issues with it yet or are you still good?
Just this defect but fortunately it hasn’t killed the battery yet

JFLO31

Reaction score
If I recall correctly, I believe power is kept to the usb chargers for ~1.5 hours so that you can charge devices even with the vehicle off say if you went to eat and your phone was dead or something. That is probably why this stays illuminated? Maybe there is a way to turn that off in the settings?

1stRAM24

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I did a quick Google search and found this forum and I wanted to share my story.
Purchased a ‘24 RAM Rebel GT fully loaded on Jan 20th. 5 days later go to start it in the morning and wouldn’t start, called roadside assistance, tech came and said dead battery, take it back to the dealership. He jump started the truck, I took it to the dealership and they replaced the battery and everything seemed fine. Exactly a week later I go to the ER, get discharged at 3:30 AM when I go to start the truck it wouldn’t start but it was making noises and all the lights would turn on but no engine. Left it parked overnight and the next day same ritual, roadside assist, jump the truck and this time the check engine light remained on. Drove it to the dealership and after about 2 hours I’m told Chrysler is having issues with a bunch of trucks and right now they don’t know what to do to fix the issue. I got a rental and it’s been 5 days and haven’t heard from anyone, no updates or any news about my truck. I’m so disappointed to say the least that honestly I don’t want the truck anymore, but now I know about the lemon law and hopefully things work out. I don’t know if I should call the dealership to ask. I’ll keep you posted regardless.

FitzyCent

Reaction score
Good to know! I would think if I got out of the truck and locked it this would turn off though

harlhaus

Reaction score
here's the repair for the battery draining repair that they did to my 2024 ram... Tech said this is a temporary fix until a new software update is approved and then launched at a later date...

Attachments

• ram battery draining repair.JPG
    ram battery draining repair.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 67

Users who are viewing this thread