5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 ram push to start not turning off draining battery

whiplash

Reaction score
Hello all, new to this forum, first post.

Just purchased a 2024 ram big horn quad cab. Had it for about 5 days, no issues, then one day I went to start it, dead battery. Jumped it and brought it to dealer, they diagnosed it as a bad battery. ok. Two days later, I had the same issue, dead battery. Called dealer told them about it. I jumped it again, drive it for two hours that day, restarted no problem. That night I noticed that the push to start screen in the middle of the gauge cluster was not going out after I shut the truck off, locked the truck and walked away. I came back two hours later and the screen was still lit, and every so often it would shut off then immediately come back. The little lights around the uconnect were on as well. This was with the key fob in my pocket and back in the house about 50 feet away. Brought it back to the dealer. It have been there for 5 days and they say they cannot replicate it. once the vehicle is turned off there is no drain on battery. Recent searches here come up with similar issues but from the 2019-2020 timeframe, nothing newer. See photo of dash at night after letting it sit for over an hour.

Any opinions here? thoughts? Ami dong something wrong when turning off/exiting the vehicle? thanks

push to start on.jpg

TulsaTruck

Reaction score
Exact same issue. I’ve had mine two weeks and actually “had” it less than one week. First they had no clue and couldnt recreate. Saturday they decided it was the “automatic battery sensor” wasn’t calibrated. They fixed. Good to go. Today it didn’t start again. Today they told me it’s the Ram App that is causing a glitch in the Matrix. Jump the truck and delete the App was the advice. I have informed the dealer I require a solution by noon tomorrow or I will be enforcing the Lemon Law. Today was event four (takes three to make a lemon). Keep me informed on your story and I’ll do the same.

Jasper9567

Reaction score
Exact same issue. I’ve had mine two weeks and actually “had” it less than one week. First they had no clue and couldnt recreate. Saturday they decided it was the “automatic battery sensor” wasn’t calibrated. They fixed. Good to go. Today it didn’t start again. Today they told me it’s the Ram App that is causing a glitch in the Matrix. Jump the truck and delete the App was the advice. I have informed the dealer I require a solution by noon tomorrow or I will be enforcing the Lemon Law. Today was event four (takes three to make a lemon). Keep me informed on your story and I’ll do the same.

Hello all, new to this forum, first post.

Just purchased a 2024 ram big horn quad cab. Had it for about 5 days, no issues, then one day I went to start it, dead battery. Jumped it and brought it to dealer, they diagnosed it as a bad battery. ok. Two days later, I had the same issue, dead battery. Called dealer told them about it. I jumped it again, drive it for two hours that day, restarted no problem. That night I noticed that the push to start screen in the middle of the gauge cluster was not going out after I shut the truck off, locked the truck and walked away. I came back two hours later and the screen was still lit, and every so often it would shut off then immediately come back. The little lights around the uconnect were on as well. This was with the key fob in my pocket and back in the house about 50 feet away. Brought it back to the dealer. It have been there for 5 days and they say they cannot replicate it. once the vehicle is turned off there is no drain on battery. Recent searches here come up with similar issues but from the 2019-2020 timeframe, nothing newer. See photo of dash at night after letting it sit for over an hour.

Any opinions here? thoughts? Ami dong something wrong when turning off/exiting the vehicle? thanks

View attachment 175772

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
Trying to recollect - didnt someone find the tailgate switch wasnt quite made, so the truck essentially thinks a door isnt quite closed ?
But it indeed could be a glitch in the matrix i guess :p

TulsaTruck

Reaction score
Dealer messaged me today and said Stellantis is having a nationwide issue with the App that is causing the drain. An update is supposed to be released on Friday. Is that true? I can’t say. I am unwinding my deal with them and ditching the RAM. Nice dealership, part of Group1, I love the Ram Truck (loaded 24 Black Rebel). I’ve lost confidence in the product.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Dealer messaged me today and said Stellantis is having a nationwide issue with the App that is causing the drain. An update is supposed to be released on Friday. Is that true? I can’t say. I am unwinding my deal with them and ditching the RAM. Nice dealership, part of Group1, I love the Ram Truck (loaded 24 Black Rebel). I’ve lost confidence in the product.
Makes me even happier I removed the box that allowed Ram to interfere with my truck.
I am questioning the validity of the dealerships claim though. Sounds like a cop out.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello @whiplash, @TulsaTruck, @Jasper9567, and others!

Our team would like to look into your collective battery draining concerns. Please send us a private message with your vehicle's mileage and model year to start a conversation. Hope to troubleshoot with some of you shortly.

Hannah
Ram Cares

Jasper9567

Reaction score

Our team would like to look into your collective battery draining concerns. Please send us a private message with your vehicle's mileage and model year to start a conversation. Hope to troubleshoot with some of you shortly.

Hannah
Ram Cares
Hello this is jasper9567, picked truck up from dealer this afternoon, they said a speed sensor had some moisture in it, i did not agree, by 5 pm my push to start button was lit and lites around radio , i have a 12 in screen.
I have this all videod.

RamGuy51

Reaction score
Did anyone get any solid answers from anyone on this? Just took my new Ram to the dealer tonight for what seems like is the same issue

Kunseldad

Reaction score
I have had my 2024 Rebel for 12 days. It has spent 9 of those days at the dealer. Same problem started the day I brought it home. I have a case open with Ram. They pretty much just communicate the lack of any findings from the dealer. No answers or info from Ram. Dealer won’t troubleshoot unless they can replicate it which either they can’t or they don’t look at it enough. I have no problem having it happen after one night. Based on the app, it looks like they’ve driven it a total of 16 miles in those nine days. The most expensive vehicle I’ve ever bought and the worst experience and communication ever. Wishing I got an ‘02 S10 at this point ha. Hopeless

Kunseldad

Reaction score

Hannah
Ram Cares
Sending you a message with my case number

Hannah
Ram Cares
sending you my case number

Kunseldad

Reaction score
Please someone tell us this is true

Johnny kid

Reaction score
Please someone tell us this is true
My dealer told me the same thing. My ram 1500 big horn is 7 days old and battery has died twice. First time had it towed in, they ran every test under the sun, couldn’t replicate. Drive if for two days, then left if parked for a day or so won’t start again. Said they are having a call with dodge/chrysler tomorrow and they have 25 trucks in their lot with battery issues

Johnny kid

Reaction score
My dealer told me the same thing. My ram 1500 big horn is 7 days old and battery has died twice. First time had it towed in, they ran every test under the sun, couldn’t replicate. Drive if for two days, then left if parked for a day or so won’t start again. Said they are having a call with dodge/chrysler tomorrow and they have 25 trucks in their lot with battery issues
They said it was the app and u connect was somehow draining the battery and almost acting as if the car is running even when it isn’t.. some BS to that effect. This is twice now, 3rd time lemon law. My 4th RAM. This is unbelievable. Called Chrysler/dodge and had 2 people who didn’t speak English hang up on me and had no clue as to what I was saying

Ajosef

Reaction score
It is not the app - I was told the same thing. I have had this 24 Limited for 3 weeks. I have had the battery changed twice and it has been dead 3 separate times. I have been troubleshooting for the past several hours. The push to start, the side backlights on the dash and a few other lights (that stay on) are controlled by fuse 24 - They need to work backwards off of that. I am going to call my dealer in the AM and tell them my findings. It is like there is a glitch in the wiring. Had to lock the doors manually and I’ll have to pop the fuse in and replace the panel but at least I can get to work in the AM w/out jumping the truck 🙄

Last edited:

Geddyflea

Reaction score
This almost sounds like the issue Chevrolet was having with the 2023 Colorado a couple of months ago. They were doing over the air updates which would fault and not completely install. The truck would stay "alive" waiting to finish the update causing the battery to drain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/