5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 ram push to start not turning off draining battery

malone

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I did a quick Google search and found this forum and I wanted to share my story.
Purchased a ‘24 RAM Rebel GT fully loaded on Jan 20th. 5 days later go to start it in the morning and wouldn’t start, called roadside assistance, tech came and said dead battery, take it back to the dealership. He jump started the truck, I took it to the dealership and they replaced the battery and everything seemed fine. Exactly a week later I go to the ER, get discharged at 3:30 AM when I go to start the truck it wouldn’t start but it was making noises and all the lights would turn on but no engine. Left it parked overnight and the next day same ritual, roadside assist, jump the truck and this time the check engine light remained on. Drove it to the dealership and after about 2 hours I’m told Chrysler is having issues with a bunch of trucks and right now they don’t know what to do to fix the issue. I got a rental and it’s been 5 days and haven’t heard from anyone, no updates or any news about my truck. I’m so disappointed to say the least that honestly I don’t want the truck anymore, but now I know about the lemon law and hopefully things work out. I don’t know if I should call the dealership to ask. I’ll keep you posted regardless.
very much interested in the outcome. I have exactly the same problem. After a new battery has been installed 10 days ago, my truck had to go back to the dealer on Saturday, still there. Got a message today "Something is draining the battery, we are working with Chrysler to solve the issue...". I am furious!!!! brand new truck.
According to this thread it seems that there are dozens of trucks that are affected by this problem (not all 2024 which is strange...) I am pretty certain that Chrysler is going to fight us tooth and nail in order not to give in to any "lemon law" which requires them to either give you your money back or a new truck (really?????? after what I am going through I am NOT going to buy another Ram, that's for sure!).

Bigred82

Reaction score
Any updates here? I bought my Laramie Saturday and the dealership told me to hold off on downloading the app on my phone because of these issues. Waiting for an "all clear" to do so

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk

1stRAM24

Reaction score
Nothing here, no one from the dealership has called me yet. At this point I’m thinking I hope the 15 days required for the lemon law go by. It’s been 6 days already.

krowicki

Reaction score
I picked up my 1500 on Tuesday 2/6 and haven't had any issues yet Battery is now running between 14.0 and 14.3 when driving (was in low 13's before) and I don't see any illuminating lights at night (other than the annoying usb staying on for 1 hr....I timed it).

My dealer unplugged both batteries and let sit for 15 minutes to do a hard reset. I also did a factory reset on the radio (in the settings) and deleted the Ram app. I'll keep updating though, and hoping others are updating with positive outcomes as well.

malone

Reaction score
Just picked up my Ram 1500 that was at the dealer since Saturday.
According to the service manager there was a 60 milli-amp draw from the battery when the truck was in "off" position. They disconnected the battery and let it sit for 20 minutes in order to reset the TBM . After 20 minutes they reconnected the battery, recharged it, let it sit overnight and checked. At this point the draw was only 16 milliamp and the battery was almost fully charged in the morning. Truck started no problem. I still have the app connected and it's turned on.
I hope this fixes the problem. I am going to test it next week and try leaving it off for 2 days.

2024ram

Reaction score
Just picked up my Ram 1500 that was at the dealer since Saturday.
According to the service manager there was a 60 milli-amp draw from the battery when the truck was in "off" position. They disconnected the battery and let it sit for 20 minutes in order to reset the TBM . After 20 minutes they reconnected the battery, recharged it, let it sit overnight and checked. At this point the draw was only 16 milliamp and the battery was almost fully charged in the morning. Truck started no problem. I still have the app connected and it's turned on.
I hope this fixes the problem. I am going to test it next week and try leaving it off for 2 days.
Nothing here, no one from the dealership has called me yet. At this point I’m thinking I hope the 15 days required for the lemon law go by. It’s been 6 days already.
My 2024 Ram 1500 has been at dealer for 6 days now with dead battery push to start screen staying lit all night have not heard a word from them. I cant believe ram is not having a recall or at least come up with a fix. my truck has 107 miles on it had dead battery 3 times before i was at least able to get a loaner. very disappointed

Jasper9567

Reaction score
My 2024 Ram 1500 has been at dealer for 6 days now with dead battery push to start screen staying lit all night have not heard a word from them. I cant believe ram is not having a recall or at least come up with a fix. my truck has 107 miles on it had dead battery 3 times before i was at least able to get a loaner. very disappointed
Picked mine up at dealer today after8 days, they disconnected battery for 20 min to clear everything, so far ok , see what happens over nite

Vortex 22913

Reaction score
My 2024 Ram 1500 had same issues, 626 miles and a dead battery. Any idea when recall will commence?

whiplash

Reaction score
Same here, got truck back from dealer, logged out of app on phone, deleted from phone, no issues on day 3. Stellantis should comp us for figuring this out and having been inconvenienced with our trucks in the shop for 10+ days....

1stRAM24

Reaction score
Just got a text from the dealership today:

“Good afternoon we are finishing the service bulletin sent by the engineering team on your vehicle. As of now we should be completed by Monday afternoon. Reply STOP to OptOut.”

So let’s see what happens, this is the second time at the shop for my truck. Also, I told them that the rental they got me from Hertz it’s infested with roaches smh.

mabrother

Reaction score
My battery has been fairly constant at 13.6-14.2 volts since I took it to the dealer. Negative issue is I still can use my phone for UConnect so no Bluetooth. Everything else seems fine but still looking for a fix.

I’ve had my 2024 for 3 weeks now and the battery died three days after bringing it home.

Bigred82

Reaction score
Just got a text from the dealership today:

“Good afternoon we are finishing the service bulletin sent by the engineering team on your vehicle. As of now we should be completed by Monday afternoon. Reply STOP to OptOut.”

So let’s see what happens, this is the second time at the shop for my truck. Also, I told them that the rental they got me from Hertz it’s infested with roaches smh.
Wonder if this means they're gonna have a fix by Monday?

2024ram

Reaction score
just got a update from dealer they told me they are working on trucks one at a time with a ram engineer and they will be deleting the uconnect until further notice and that should "fix" the issue. Told me my truck will be worked on monday so we will see. Also told me mine is the second Ram that came back with problem but said they have over 100 grand cherokees and wrangler 4xe with the dead battery issue.

1stRAM24

Reaction score
Wonder if this means they're gonna have a fix by Monday?

I hope so but based on what I’ve read I’m not holding my breath. One thing that no one at the dealership service department has mentioned anything about the RAM app or Uconnect, so I wonder if vehicles are having different electrical issues or is it all the same but they’re just guessing how to fix it.

2024ram

Reaction score
just got a update from dealer they told me they are working on trucks one at a time with a ram engineer and they will be deleting the uconnect until further notice and that should "fix" the issue. Told me my truck will be worked on monday so we will see. Also told me mine is the second Ram that came back with problem but said they have over 100 grand cherokees and wrangler 4xe with the dead battery issue.
Just gotoff the phone with Ram customer care and they almost admitted that they know they have a issue with dead batteries they told me i need to wait for the dealer to diagnose the problem. Was told by dealer they would be working on my truck today but as of 524pm i have not heard a word from them so for now my truck with 107 miles has been at dealer for 10 days. I did get to enjoy it for 2 days before dead battery LOL

1stRAM24

Reaction score
I’m sorry for all of us going through this. My truck had about 700 miles when I dropped it off at the dealership 10 days ago. I think I put most of those miles driving to the dealership. First dead battery incident, then the Apple CarPlay wasn’t working and then a second time with a dead battery. I got my RAM on January 20th so about half the days since I bought it’s been in the shop. I didn’t hear from the dealership today, but I went on the RAM Instagram account a commented on a post and they replied to me asking me to send a private message with my VIN so they can look into it along with the dealership. That’s all I have for today. Again, good luck to every one.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Crazy to see all thee issues with the battery draining, the same year they are releasing a brand new engine setup with tubos. Instills a lot of faith for the future of Ram... I would lose my sh*t if my new truck had battery problems that soon, I would force them to take it back and get a different brand truck that's bonkers imo.

1stRAM24

Reaction score
Hello guys, I just got a text from the dealership that my truck is ready for pick up. So, let’s see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread