5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 ram push to start not turning off draining battery

Jasper9567

Reaction score
Hello @whiplash, @TulsaTruck, @Jasper9567, and others!

Our team would like to look into your collective battery draining concerns. Please send us a private message with your vehicle's mileage and model year to start a conversation. Hope to troubleshoot with some of you shortly.

Hannah
Ram Cares
When i shut truck off ,lock walk away. Come back 10minutes later,without fob , look thru window and see push to start nutton is lit also the control lite on radio
( i have 12 in screen) are also on . They dont go off.

Attachments

• IMG_6156.jpeg
    IMG_6156.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 25

Ajosef

Reaction score
When i shut truck off ,lock walk away. Come back 10minutes later,without fob , look thru window and see push to start nutton is lit also the control lite on radio
( i have 12 in screen) are also on . They dont go off.
Yep - Mine will be dead in the AM - AGAIN!

lbe1997

Reaction score
Same, 2024 Ram Limited had less than a week and been in the shop twice, dead battery. Could jump the first time, second had to have it towed. Still in the shop now.

Kunseldad

Reaction score
As stated previously, I had/have the same issue. Took it to the dealer, they called today saying there was no issue. They ran a pull test and everything came up "good". I let the dealer know of this issue and they said to "keep an eye on it".

I took some time out of my day to look through Reddit & create a post about this issue, referencing this thread. Others commented with the same issue. Odd enough, a couple hours later a person created a post in the same thread saying that he works in a Jeep service center & they are experiencing the same issue. He said to delete the Uconnect app (Ram App). I know others have said the same on here. Truck seems to be running ok now, hopefully that lasts.
Can you link us that thread?

whiplash

Reaction score
@Jasper9567
Almost exact same photo, see my issue. I really hope they can push a fix for this. The reply above about having the lights on auto seems interesting, I do have my lights on auto, do you? Either way, for a brand new truck it should just work. period.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 10

whiplash

Reaction score
@Geddyflea may have nailed it.

Over the air downloads…..
Either the signal was lost for too long or the trucks brain doesn't handle fragmented packets well. Meaning sometimes during weak signal the transmission that was sent doesn't arrive in the order it was sent. The truck is not smart enough to put it back in order and read it. His guess of the truck staying awake waiting for the rest of the message makes a lot of sense. They need to program a feature that reports back. If it wasn't received properly it should be able to re-wake the truck and start over.

This comes from an IT educated friend of mine who happens to also be a car guy. It does make sense since new vehicles would need updates almost immediately right?

Jasper9567

Reaction score
@Jasper9567
Almost exact same photo, see my issue. I really hope they can push a fix for this. The reply above about having the lights on auto seems interesting, I do have my lights on auto, do you? Either way, for a brand new truck it should just work. period.
Dont think its anything to do with lites being on auto, this is a computer era, the truck dont go to sleep, its constintley ready to go

raskyr1

Reaction score
I dont have this problem - yet, but have been thinking about those of you that do and the symptoms involved. Some of you have this issue just days after purchase - I would be coming unglued !
Today, as i was sitting in the truck in the car wash with the ignition off, i noticed that my display would flash this "push to start" message everyone is talking about, about every ten seconds or so.
From a total black, everything is off appearance, to this message and a couple of dash lights, repeating every 10 seconds or so. It did it maybe ten times before, i assume, deciding i wasnt going to start it, and giving up. This would definitely kill a battery if it continued all night, as has been happening to you guys.
All i can guess, is that after turning off the ignition, it knows i have not gotten out of the truck, ie. opened and closed the drivers door.
I wonder if this scenario has any bearing on the underlying issue. Perhaps, even though the open door, get out, close door process has been completed, the truck brain has a fart !
Just spitballing here !
I had a 2021 Laramie before trading in on the 2024 this Tuesday. I've come home several times, turned the vehicle off, but stayed inside to finish listening to a song. After about 60 seconds it shuts everything off, no lights on what so ever. I did only have the 8.4" screen in that truck though where my 2024 is loaded.

I deleted the app on my phone and sent this thread to my service advisor. (though I don't have much confidence in them looking at it) I'll update when I hear back but it could be a few days they said.

It is very frustrating not getting a loaner when your 2 day old vehicle is having issues....

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
I had a 2021 Laramie before trading in on the 2024 this Tuesday. I've come home several times, turned the vehicle off, but stayed inside to finish listening to a song. After about 60 seconds it shuts everything off, no lights on what so ever. I did only have the 8.4" screen in that truck though where my 2024 is loaded.

I deleted the app on my phone and sent this thread to my service advisor. (though I don't have much confidence in them looking at it) I'll update when I hear back but it could be a few days they said.

It is very frustrating not getting a loaner when your 2 day old vehicle is having issues....

Put it in ACC and it stays awake for 45ish minutes. But with it "off" it's only awake for about a minute.

lbe1997

Reaction score
Same, 2024 Ram Limited had less than a week and been in the shop twice, dead battery. Could jump the first time, second had to have it towed. Still in the shop now.
Talked to dealer this morning and they are aware of the App/battery issue. Resetting the modular and deleting the app.

whiplash

Reaction score
SO the reddit thread suggests deleting the Uconnect app. I can't find that on my iphone, I have a ram app and an alpha Romeo app (my wifes car). The Uconnect icon does show up on the truck screen as Uconnect, is the ram app and the uconnect app one in the same?

Kunseldad

Reaction score
Got my truck back last night after 7 days with the dealer. They couldn't get it to replicate, which seems to be the case for all of us. Only thing we all have they don't is the app. Deleted it last night and no problems. Dealer called back today and said they got a notification from Mopar this morning that there is an issue with interfering frequencies and they're working on a fix.

RamGuy51

Reaction score
Got my truck back last night after 7 days with the dealer. They couldn't get it to replicate, which seems to be the case for all of us. Only thing we all have they don't is the app. Deleted it last night and no problems. Dealer called back today and said they got a notification from Mopar this morning that there is an issue with interfering frequencies and they're working on a fix.
Did they give you advice on what to do in the meantime? Delete the app?

SMH Bruh

Reaction score
Bought my new 2024 Rebel less than month ago. Battery dead after 5 days, dealer replaced saying bad battery. Okay I thought sh*t happens as it's been super cold here in OK last month. Have had to charge or jump start over 5 times since including this morning which brought me to this forum. Dealer says "that shouldn't be happening" I'm like really? Thanks. So I'll be spending at least two hours at the dealership today waiting for a new battery. Hopefully they figure it out soon. I'm deleting Ram app in the meantime.... SMH

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This just came out last night. Definitely looks like telematics box is the offending module. Not sure why deleting the app itself would stop it (I would think you would need to actually stop the connected services trial), but if it works in the meantime, try it until they have a fix:
IMG_0311.jpeg

akaTheDude

Reaction score
Bo
This just came out last night. Definitely looks like telematics box is the offending module. Not sure why deleting the app itself would stop it (I would think you would need to actually stop the connected services trial), but if it works in the meantime, try it until they have a fix:
View attachment 175915
Bought my 2024 1500 on 1/31/2024 drove it home and to work on 2/1...dead has a hammer this morning (2/2). Feels bad :(

raskyr1

Reaction score
Just picked mine up from the dealer. They replaced the battery and performed a draw test. I deleted the app too so we'll see how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread