5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Uconnect 5 Traffic and Weather

Haneyrm

Reaction score
Got my weather app working last night. Had to do factory reset which made weather app work but lost backup cam, tilting mirrors (no major loss there), XM radio, Apple Carplay and a few other options. A soft reset brought all of those items back and everything seems to be working now.

Seems like this kind of stuff should be done before we take delivery of these trucks or they should just fix the issues.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Bern trying to get my weather app to work since picking up my truck on Friday. Keep getting an error message. Is this included in a free trial?

Also is there any way to get gas prices like on the older UConnect travel app? I haven’t found that anywhere and really miss that feature.

CaptainCAVU

Reaction score
Bern trying to get my weather app to work since picking up my truck on Friday. Keep getting an error message. Is this included in a free trial?

Also is there any way to get gas prices like on the older UConnect travel app? I haven’t found that anywhere and really miss that feature.
Weather and gas prices are linked to TomTom Traffic and Travel Services. You get a 6 month free trial. These haven't worked for me consistently since I got the truck December 1 and now that it's expired, they want $9.99/mo for the service. If you ever see gas prices on your screen check the weather app...it'll be working also.

Rebel2022

Reaction score
Weather and gas prices are linked to TomTom Traffic and Travel Services. You get a 6 month free trial. These haven't worked for me consistently since I got the truck December 1 and now that it's expired, they want $9.99/mo for the service. If you ever see gas prices on your screen check the weather app...it'll be working also.
Hilarious that they actually think someone would pay at this point. They send an email about once a week to me as well and I wish I could reply to it (its a no-reply marketing email) and let them know that I would be happy to pay 10% of the actual cost because that is about the amount of time the service worked during the ‘trial’!

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I haven’t seen anything called TomTom. Does that free trial need to be activated or is it automatically included?

ThePretender

Reaction score
Is there an advantage to using the nav vs something like waze via car play?

Grimgreg

Reaction score

Mine did the same, the reset then no user profile for 3 days fixed it.

Furtrader

Reaction score
Interesting. Had my new truck 3 weeks, weather doesn't work and the radio display gages has 2 that do not display any reading even though they work on the dash.

flyjets

Reaction score
Mine was working great for a week and has now stopped. I don't think this thing is very reliable and am guessing it's uConnect or TomTom at fault.

RamRob1

Reaction score
Got my weather app working last night. Had to do factory reset which made weather app work but lost backup cam, tilting mirrors (no major loss there), XM radio, Apple Carplay and a few other options. A soft reset brought all of those items back and everything seems to be working now.

Seems like this kind of stuff should be done before we take delivery of these trucks or they should just fix the issues.
I tried to the same to see if I could get it to work and nothing. I find it odd that it works flawlessly on my Grand Wagoneer.

tgram

Reaction score
Did you do something or it just started working all of a sudden?

tgram

Reaction score
For me it started working today for the first time. I do have the latest update installed (message popped up and told me ready to update - however this was few weeks ago while weather and traffic updates only now started working for the first time).

tgram

Reaction score
Same here. Lasted 1 day and stopped - both weather and traffic. Amazing and embarrasing that at this day in age they can't get basic streaming functionality working reliably.

Users who are viewing this thread