5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Uconnect 5 Traffic and Weather

fliptide

Reaction score
OK,Thanks. I may have to ask dealer to update for me. Thanks. Do know why I never get any update. Is there any setting need to be done in the radio?
Honestly not sure. Only had truck for a couple weeks. I do recall, clicking update over wifi or something (and connected it to home wifi on day 1).

Last edited:

fliptide

Reaction score
Truck is currently not being driven everyday. I jumped in this afternoon and both traffic and weather was working. Hopefully it just needed some time and will remain functioning.

warz00

Reaction score
Oh well - had traffic for about a week - then lost it - did the factory reset again (and again and again) - nothing (and seem to have lost backup camera) - the electronics in this truck are a POS

fliptide

Reaction score
Oh well - had traffic for about a week - then lost it - did the factory reset again (and again and again) - nothing (and seem to have lost backup camera) - the electronics in this truck are a POS
No kidding. Definitely doesn't live up to how great the rest of the trucks seems to be. I was driving yesterday using android auto for nav. When it would cut into audio (fm radio) for directions it would instead play spotify...

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a Ram in the shop today with a couple of radio concerns. Wifi no internet, weather doesn't work. Contacted STAR, and was given an answer from them, Panasonic sent stellantis a radio update on the 11th of April to address those concerns and more. Expect a OTA update by end of 2nd quarter or sooner.

Grimgreg

Reaction score
I had a Ram in the shop today with a couple of radio concerns. Wifi no internet, weather doesn't work. Contacted STAR, and was given an answer from them, Panasonic sent stellantis a radio update on the 11th of April to address those concerns and more. Expect a OTA update by end of 2nd quarter or sooner.
Mine got an OTA on Saturday.

jgc650i

Reaction score
I just took delivery on my '22 (traded from a '19 with UC4) last month and had same issue with all RamConnect services working except traffic and weather. Did the factory reset today and that seemed to do the trick. Everything appears to be working now including traffic and weather. A pain to reset settings and profile, but not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things to get things working.

Sixtime43

Reaction score
I just took delivery on my '22 (traded from a '19 with UC4) last month and had same issue with all RamConnect services working except traffic and weather. Did the factory reset today and that seemed to do the trick. Everything appears to be working now including traffic and weather. A pain to reset settings and profile, but not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things to get things working.
I was considering doing this today with mine. Been having some weird connection issues with Android Auto the last week or so, and my weather and traffic stuff has never worked either. I took delivery on mine last month as well. Been holding off because of the profile reset. What a pita.

johncolts54

Reaction score
Having same issue. My weather app won't load. Goes to error. Ram connect is about worthless, lady I talked to sent me a email to send her pics of the error. Haven't heard nothing. Another issue trying to setup the wifi hotspot, girl hung up on. me. So I called AT&T there car connect, they gave me 3 months free and 3gigs, plus she set it up remotely. Have to change password though. Any tips on the weather and traffic? Thank you...John

warz00

Reaction score
Having same issue. My weather app won't load. Goes to error. Ram connect is about worthless, lady I talked to sent me a email to send her pics of the error. Haven't heard nothing. Another issue trying to setup the wifi hotspot, girl hung up on. me. So I called AT&T there car connect, they gave me 3 months free and 3gigs, plus she set it up remotely. Have to change password though. Any tips on the weather and traffic? Thank you...John
The factory reset has worked for me - i had that figured before Ram Connect got back to me - they had same answer plus they said to NOT create any profiles - so if the factory reset doesnt work for you maybe check that part out too

Mommanord14

Reaction score
So I hope I haven’t made a big mistake. We had so many problems with our 19 that this March we traded in the 19 for a 22. The 19 had numerous radio issues, connection issues, brakes, you get the picture. So in March we traded. I love the the ride and the roominess in the truck. We upgraded to a longhorn. Well in the shop with all sorts of radio issues. The tech found more than I even noticed. How does this happen? It was working fine but seems to have have dropped some kind of communication so it doesn’t over the air update. The assist physical button doesn’t work but the sos does. Tech says it’s up to date so possible new radio. We went through this with the 19. 4 radios and in the shop for 5 weeks. Again how in the heck does this happen????? I am so tired of sitting waiting for a car to be fixed. We have only had it since March. I think my so. May be right. Time to stop buying American made vehicles. He has Kia’s and 1. They have better warranties 2. Hardly ever in the shop. As I sit here waiting to see if I go home with my truck or a loaner , another customer who came in for a oil change couldn’t get it because the oil filter for her vehicle is back ordered. Time for a horse and buggy.

Mommanord14

Reaction score
Update. Star case opened. Have been at dealer since 8am it is now almost 12 noon. Have to leave truck. I live an hour away. No loaner. They can drive me home but then I have no vehicle to go to work. How do I handle this??? I could just cry.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Uconnect box is a problem. If you live an hour away, when you make a service apt reserve a rental. It's not always the best idea to go wait at the dealer for a service apt.

Kia....haha until the engine fails and you wait 6 months to get the car back.

flyjets

Reaction score
Took delivery of a 2022 1500 Longhorn a few weeks ago and can't get the WX App to work. Always shows an error with Map in background dimmed out.

I've read all the threads, have tried a factory reset plus a soft reset no luck.

My software version is FCA-MY22.S23.13-PROD also U connect shows no new software for my Vin like many of U have stated.

Does anyone have any idea's how to fix this?

Thanks

Grimgreg

Reaction score
Took delivery of a 2022 1500 Longhorn a few weeks ago and can't get the WX App to work. Always shows an error with Map in background dimmed out.

I've read all the threads, have tried a factory reset plus a soft reset no luck.

My software version is FCA-MY22.S23.13-PROD also U connect shows no new software for my Vin like many of U have stated.

Does anyone have any idea's how to fix this?

Thanks
Did you avoid creating a user profile for a couple days after doing the factory reset? Not sure the specific reason for that, but it seems to be part of the fix. It took about 2 days for mine to work and once it began working I set the profile and it has been working since.

flyjets

Reaction score
Interesting I will delete my profile and try that.

flyjets

Reaction score
No reset no updates and all of a sudden the WX App actually works.

Attachments

• 20220609_133153.jpg
    20220609_133153.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 20220609_133207.jpg
    20220609_133207.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 43

jayray38

Reaction score
I just got an update to S24.13

Attachments

• 20220611_174319.jpg