5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Uconnect 5 Traffic and Weather

Wolverine

Reaction score
Update on mine

Yesterday they had me do a factory reset, and told me to wait 48 hours before creating a user account again. After doing the reset, nothing changed as far as functionality. This evening when I was going out to dinner everything was functioning for the first time, traffic weather and gas prices. However after dinner nothing was working again on my drive home. Glimmer of hope.
Just did my factory reset today, same results as you had. I have an errand to run later, I’m hoping it will work tonight. I think I’ll skip dinner if it works…😬

warz00

Reaction score
Also a Level 3 - their most recent response to me:

Thank you for allowing Ram Connect an opportunity to address your inquiry. Your satisfaction is very important to us.

I was just following up with you to inform you that we should have the issue resolved soon. I apologize for the inconvenience. We at Ram are working hard to resolve the issue.

My Technical Resources team is working diligently to resolve this issue. At this moment we do not have any further updates as we are still investigating this issue. As soon as I receive an update, I will contact you.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us by phone or by simply responding to this email. Have a wonderful day and thanks for being a part of the Ram Family.

warz00

Reaction score
Tried what Grimgreg posted - and it worked!!! Did a hard reset (tried soft first and it did nothing) - be aware with a hard reset you will lose EVERYTHING in the Uconnect - since it's a new truck I didn't have much in there. After the reset, and after about 10 minutes, traffic showed up on all map configurations. Did not try weather. Hopefully it stays! Thanks Grimgreg

Wolverine

Reaction score
Just did my factory reset today, same results as you had. I have an errand to run later, I’m hoping it will work tonight. I think I’ll skip dinner if it works…😬
Update: the hard factory reset worked and continues to be working so all is good!

liq001

Reaction score
FWIW, my truck had been stuck on 21B.5 since I received it (in early December). Several updates had been published, but my truck wouldn't update for some reason. Yesterday afternoon, it suddenly updated to the latest (23.13). As I understand it, Ram has been working on a way to update many of the trucks that were "stuck" on older software. I've seen several reports on the TRX forum about updates happening now.
So hopefully this will be pushed to all of the 2022's in the near future.
what is the newest SW now? Could you please take a picture of your screen on SW version page ? Thanks

liq001

Reaction score
Tried what Grimgreg posted - and it worked!!! Did a hard reset (tried soft first and it did nothing) - be aware with a hard reset you will lose EVERYTHING in the Uconnect - since it's a new truck I didn't have much in there. After the reset, and after about 10 minutes, traffic showed up on all map configurations. Did not try weather. Hopefully it stays! Thanks Grimgreg
How to do a hard reset? Thanks

warz00

Reaction score
Open the VEHICLE app --> scroll to SETTINGS --> scroll to RESET and choose one of the following:
  • SOFT RESET/REBOOT - performs a cold reboot which completely restarts the radio and all peripheral devices in the radio.
  • FACTORY RESET- *CAUTION: This action wipes saved user data from the radio and reverts everything back to factory default settings. (Presets, Favorites, Profiles, Paired Phones will be cleared).

liq001

Reaction score
Open the VEHICLE app --> scroll to SETTINGS --> scroll to RESET and choose one of the following:
  • SOFT RESET/REBOOT - performs a cold reboot which completely restarts the radio and all peripheral devices in the radio.
  • FACTORY RESET- *CAUTION: This action wipes saved user data from the radio and reverts everything back to factory default settings. (Presets, Favorites, Profiles, Paired Phones will be cleared).
Thanks

liq001

Reaction score
Btw, what is the new version of our 12 inches Uconnect? Thanks

fliptide

Reaction score
Weather and traffic was working fine until the update for me. Updated yesterday and weather just spins now and gives error. Have not tried traffic.

liq001

Reaction score

Attachments

• 4A4047DA-59E2-4D53-9896-E6128F7773BD.jpeg
    4A4047DA-59E2-4D53-9896-E6128F7773BD.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 37

liq001

Reaction score
Weather and traffic was working fine until the update for me. Updated yesterday and weather just spins now and gives error. Have not tried traffic.
How to get the update? I never received a single update. My version still as below. Got my 2022 limited back in FEB. thanks

liq001

Reaction score
How to get the update? I never received a single update. My version still as below. Got my 2022 limited back in FEB. thanks

Attachments

• D9DABFE8-9D3B-410D-A922-BBE96E600BD4.jpeg
    D9DABFE8-9D3B-410D-A922-BBE96E600BD4.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 19

fliptide

Reaction score
It was over the air, just popped up on screen.
Also lost traffic...... Everything was working for me on s21d.5

liq001

Reaction score
So s21.D5 is the lastest? My weather app never work. Maybe have to hard reset

liq001

Reaction score
It was over the air, just popped up on screen.
Also lost traffic...... Everything was working for me on s21d.5
So s21.D5 is the lastest? My weather app never work. Maybe have to hard reset

liq001

Reaction score
Mine is now s23.13. Version prior to this for me was s21.d5 (everything worked for me with 21.d5)
OK,Thanks. I may have to ask dealer to update for me. Thanks. Do know why I never get any update. Is there any setting need to be done in the radio?

Users who are viewing this thread