5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Uconnect 5 Traffic and Weather

Mommanord14

Reaction score
I have a stupid question, this weather app on the new system, does it work off of gps with the navigation, or on your cell phone reception? It seems no one at Ram care can give me a definite answer. I believe it is cell because I live in a very rural area with no cell reception and have no weather. Gps navigation works fine. If I travel to the nearest big town, the weather app works. we have a 2020 Jeep rubicon which has weather and we even get weather warnings when the weather is bad. So far nothing on the 2022 Ram. Also when trying to access the weather in my area, you get the circle of death, then when it times out it says an error has occurred try again later.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a stupid question, this weather app on the new system, does it work off of gps with the navigation, or on your cell phone reception? It seems no one at Ram care can give me a definite answer. I believe it is cell because I live in a very rural area with no cell reception and have no weather. Gps navigation works fine. If I travel to the nearest big town, the weather app works. we have a 2020 Jeep rubicon which has weather and we even get weather warnings when the weather is bad. So far nothing on the 2022 Ram. Also when trying to access the weather in my area, you get the circle of death, then when it times out it says an error has occurred try again later.
Same here. This is what I’ve seen since the day I picked up my truck. Hasn’t even worked in the big cities.
5225865C-FE83-4185-9364-358671A8212D.jpeg

tgram

Reaction score
I am in Tampa FL, and have a dedicated AT&T 5G line for the truck (AT&T works well on it and my phone in Tampa). Still both traffic and weather on the truck have only worked one day so far since I owned the truck which has been about 5 months or so. So I doubt this issue is related to the cell reception. Most likely the uconnect 5 app for the 2022 12" screen version (at least) has many horrible bugs. My gut feeling as a sofware developer with many years of experience is that this is the real issue - they apparently have very subpar sofware development team and/or QA processes because this bug but also some other bugs are very hard to beliieve - somthing as simple as not being able to go back to the last screen reliably without cancelling navigation is a perfect example (also cancelling carplay navigation route after putting truck in reverse, etc).

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The whole system is just inconsistent. Traffic & Weather is just a small part of it. CarPlay on mine works most of the time then at random it won’t connect till next ignition cycle. Also a few of my favorite shortcuts at the top of the screen randomly disappear. I do a soft reset pushing and holding both knobs in at the same time till reboot and magically everything comes back again. Other apps appear and then disappear. Very annoying and although I like the 12” screen Uconnect 5 really shouldn’t have been released yet. I miss my 8.4 screen with the older Uconnect in my last truck. That was flawless for 5 years. Never one single issue.

tgram

Reaction score
For whatever is worth, my traffic and weather suddenly started working again this weekend (for the very first time since I bought the truck both worked on 2 consecutive days).

Tomek77

Reaction score
I had my truck for 5 months. Traffic and weather never worked. I actually thought that it was my fault not knowing how to turn it on. Turns out that I should've had it all along. I am hesitant to do a factory reset since it may fix the traffic but it could mess something else up and i am only 1 month away from end of the free 6 months trail. WOULD YOU DO THE FACTORY RESET?
Also Android auto displays only on 1/2 of the screen but iPhone car play is full screen??? I have Android phone and my wife has iPhone. How do I make Android Auto FULL SCREEN?

tgram

Reaction score
I did the factory reset for the first time after last software update was pushed over the air. Trafic and weather did not start working immediately for me after that but have been working fine for the last couple of weeks or so, and the navigation app looks great when it's all working. Also, I'm using iphone and noticed that having it up to date seems to make carplay work more reliably as well. I think I read somewhere that Android Auto cannot work full screen right now (it's not a bug but they have apparently not implemented it yet).

Gunner115

Reaction score
I had my truck for 5 months. Traffic and weather never worked. I actually thought that it was my fault not knowing how to turn it on. Turns out that I should've had it all along. I am hesitant to do a factory reset since it may fix the traffic but it could mess something else up and i am only 1 month away from end of the free 6 months trail. WOULD YOU DO THE FACTORY RESET?
Also Android auto displays only on 1/2 of the screen but iPhone car play is full screen??? I have Android phone and my wife has iPhone. How do I make Android Auto FULL SCREEN?
You don't have to do a full factory reset. I had the same issue but you just have to delete your driver profile. You'll have to set some of your settings back up but once I did that the traffic and weather worked like it should. How or why I am not sure but it worked. Hope this helps.

Lug

Reaction score
You don't have to do a full factory reset. I had the same issue but you just have to delete your driver profile. You'll have to set some of your settings back up but once I did that the traffic and weather worked like it should. How or why I am not sure but it worked. Hope this helps.
I still can't get mine to work

CaptainCAVU

Reaction score
The system is a joke and Ram Connect support is even worse. The weather and traffic hasn't worked consistently since the day I took delivery. After telling Ram Connect at the end of the 6 month free trial why I wasn't going to spend money on a system that hasn't worked, they offered me a credit and promised they had the solution. 3 months later and it still doesn't work. On July 26, I finally received an e-mail stating: ...in relation to your open case. I did want to let you know our IT team is still continuing to probe further into this technical issue. As of now it is in pending state and suspended as thy are waiting on a software release. OK, finally being honest with me, but wait! 3 days later this came: According to our systems, it appears your technical issues have been resolved.
Now I have a new agent and she's wanting me start all over again...

tgram

Reaction score
Don't give up. I had all kinds of issues with uconnect but after the last over-the-air update was installed (couple of months ago at this point) I finally did the full factory reset and things are much better. Soon after I did that reset traffic and weaterh started working and have been working fine ever since. I am also shocked to say that I now prefer using built in navigation over google, waze, and apple (ran all those all via carplay). As a matter of fact some of the most annoying uconnect problems are gone since I stopped using carplay as much (for example navigation routes stick if I use built in navigation and put car in reverse, but get wiped out and carplay seemed to restart if I put the car in reverse while using google drive via carplay). Let me also add that I have the dedicated data plan for the car - not sure if that has anything to do with stability of weather and navigation....

ColtLee

Reaction score
I just got a 2022 with the 12 inch Uconnect 5. I had the same issue, the gas prices didn't show and weather had an error. I tried what another member said to delete your profile and it didn't work for me. I have the ram phone app that was setup through the dealer and can log into connect.ramtrucks . com that shows my trial period etc. What fixed everything was going to the activate services app, putting in my name and email and hit activate. I got an error activating but BAM! weather app and gas prices show in gps. Hope this helps others. The weather and extra gps stuff is a monthly/yearly/whatever paid service.

Thummper

Reaction score
LOL, hit enter too soon. I was told today all of my issues stem from a *VIN Lock* something to do with the setup at the dealership and the first communications with the truck from Ram didn't go right and it locked the VIN. This in turn prohibits the truck from receiving any updates be it AOTA's or Firmware. They went on to say that Ram is working on a Tech Bulletin for the dealerships as that is who will need to correct it. Basically we are working on it, but please keep waiting.

2022 Limited Longhorn 4x4

tlcshawRam

Reaction score
Gunner115,

How does the weather app actually work? Are you able to scroll and zoom into the map? As for the other information within the app, does the precipitation show in mm and is the time setup as 24hr instead of 12hr AM/PM?

tlcshawRam

Ram12375

Reaction score
I got that error message since day 1. After about a month I held power button down for 30 seconds. Once it restarted it has worked flawlessly

Reactions: Av1

Av1

Reaction score
This worked for me as well.

BlueOx2500

Reaction score
I just did a radio reset and then a full factory reset and my traffic data still does not work.

Doesn't the trial Unconnect subscription supposed to feed real-time traffic data into the "TomTom" nav?

Where is the weather page? Never even seen that.

(I have a new '22 2500 limited with the 12" screen)

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread