5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Uconnect 5 Traffic and Weather

Reaction score
I am sure this is still a pretty small group, but for those with the 12” Uconnect 5 system, does your traffic and weather work?

My weather says “error trying to load” and though I have traffic flow turned on, I get nothing.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Check with your dealer and make sure they registered everything to you, pretty sure it’s part of the SiriusXM services. On another note you should pull your radio and take a picture of the connectors so we can see if it can be swapped into the 21 and lower trucks
Jimmy07 is working on it. He had the harness built and the parts on order. It's just a matter of getting the parts in that are on back order right now.

Reaction score
So I did find out some info when I talked to the folks at Uconnect. Apparently they plan on turning on the traffic feature in early 2022… one would have expected that to already be working, but oh well.

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
So I did find out some info when I talked to the folks at Uconnect. Apparently they plan on turning on the traffic feature in early 2022… one would have expected that to already be working, but oh well.
Oh jeez…. Here we go again. Half of the crap on my 2019 12” screen worked back when I bought that and the answer was always.. “that’ll be in the next update”. 🙄

RoushStang

Reaction score
I am sure this is still a pretty small group, but for those with the 12” Uconnect 5 system, does your traffic and weather work?

My weather says “error trying to load” and though I have traffic flow turned on, I get nothing.
I just got my 2022 Limited and the same thing for me. I have it added to Sirius XM and when I go into that account it says its not available there either. So I have no clue.

Okie2019

Reaction score
New 2022 2500 Lim Long…traffic and weather works 100%

Reactions: Lug

GratefulDead2

Reaction score

I have a 2022 RAM Rebel night edition. I have had it for 1 month and the Nav system (TomTom) is a disaster. The traffic flow works intermittenly at best. Same for the weather. For a $70k + truck we should not have these issues. Good luck trying to get anyone to help. lol

GratefulDead2

Reaction score

I have the same issues. Very frustrating.

NCBACKCOUNTRY

Reaction score
I have a 2022 RAM Rebel night edition. I have had it for 1 month and the Nav system (TomTom) is a disaster. The traffic flow works intermittenly at best. Same for the weather. For a $70k + truck we should not have these issues. Good luck trying to get anyone to help. lol
do you have the least update?

BB22

Reaction score
The weather didn't work until the last FOTA update. It was working last time I checked. As for the traffic flow, it works about 70% of the time. Sometimes it takes 5-6 minutes before it appears, sometimes it won't work at all for a day or two. As for Tom Tom, it is garbage compared to the Garmin which was the nav on my 2017 Ram. The street and road names are so small it is virtually impossible to read them even when it is on the full 12" screen. The whole Uconnect 5 system was poorly engineered and rushed into production without thorough testing.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
that is with everything nowadays...instead of waiting and testing 1 month longer they are just releasing a device, like this Uconnect 5 and they will update and improve it further along the way with firmware updates...

Wolverine

Reaction score
My Uconnect 5 software updated today, weather app still doesn’t work. What the hell good is a free 3 month subscription to something that doesn’t work? It’s a laugher…

Grimgreg

Reaction score
I have a case open on mine, same deal no traffic or weather, no gas prices. The representative I spoke with today mentioned they have others having the same trouble. One odd thing she asked though, "did the dealer tell you it would have these apps?"

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Mine never worked either until I did a factory reset after the last update. It works fine now.

Wolverine

Reaction score
Mine never worked either until I did a factory reset after the last update. It works fine now.
This makes me nervous, my dealer did a factory reset on my 2018 and my radio refused to wake up and never worked again. Had to wait 3 weeks for a new one but thankfully it was under warranty.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
This makes me nervous, my dealer did a factory reset on my 2018 and my radio refused to wake up and never worked again. Had to wait 3 weeks for a new one but thankfully it was under warranty.
Wow that's crazy. Mine scared me a bit because it took what seemed like forever to power back on.

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One would think you could select “Font Size“ from a menu and scale the street names for those of us who are no longer 20/10.

Users who are viewing this thread