5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Toyota Tundra

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For all the boomers saying: “tHe tUnDRa LoOks lIKE a…” or “aLl tRucKs lOoK tHe SamE noWADayS”… yeah ok.

Every vehicle uses designs from other brands and a lot of the times, designers and engineers hop brands. Way more creativity than there was back then.

8E1C3935-4E20-4F35-BDEC-A3DCF9178A75.jpeg

3F541A3E-4463-4244-AF55-066A01715052.jpeg

82C8243F-0637-4DF9-98C3-041329131F9B.jpeg

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For all the boomers saying: “tHe tUnDRa LoOks lIKE a…” or “aLl tRucKs lOoK tHe SamE noWADayS”… yeah ok.

Every vehicle uses designs from other brands and a lot of the times, designers and engineers hop brands. Way more creativity than there was back then.

View attachment 97302

View attachment 97303

View attachment 97304
Just an FYI: calling others "boomers" just makes you sound like an ******* - you can make your point without resorting to dumb-*** millenial/Gen Z dipshit sayings ;)

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I dislike the giant black plastic grill, but the rest of the truck looks pretty good.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's a big oof
:ROFLMAO: It's all good here man, and I don't take it personal - it's just a word of advice. Saying "OK boomer" sounds good in sound bites on Twitter and TikTok and Instragram when your audience is other millenials and Z's, but to everyone else who actually runs things in the world - which is still mostly "boomers" and Gen Xers, since we're not dead yet - it just sounds dumb. When we hear something like that, it's like you coming into the office on Monday morning with a tattoo on your face. :p

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Good thing thing about coming out after everyone else does (with their most recent products) is you can cover your bases to match them.

Toyota definitely looks to be doing just that. I dig the looks, definitely some RAM vibes with the hood badge. Can't wait to see the interior and also their more mundane trims vs the TRD Pro.

My only issue is if it's V6 TT only. I'm sure it will be powerful & V8 beater, but one of the things I love about the RAM is the sound of the Hemi. Until EVs are our only choice, I really want to stick with a V8 in a full size truck, if just for the sound it makes.

Smerberj

Reaction score
Idk boys and girls... that white and black Tundra is looking really good. Here's my 2020 next to the 2022 Tundra. I bought my truck black Friday 2019 for $35,500 out the door. The market is INSANE right now with Carmax offering me $39,000, Carvana offering me $36,000 and my original dealer offering me $44,000.

Attachments

• 20210621_085304.jpg
    20210621_085304.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 20210621_090103.jpg
    20210621_090103.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Idk boys and girls... that white and black Tundra is looking really good. Here's my 2020 next to the 2022 Tundra. I bought my truck black Friday 2019 for $35,500 out the door. The market is INSANE right now with Carmax offering me $39,000, Carvana offering me $36,000 and my original dealer offering me $44,000.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
If you don't "need" a truck like I don't, take the $44K and run and wait for the next set of trucks to hit the dealers and go from there. This insanity will not last forever and whoever doesn't take advantage of this current market (that doesn't really need a truck) is crazy IMPO.

Smerberj

Reaction score
If you don't "need" a truck like I don't, take the $44K and run and wait for the next set of trucks to hit the dealers and go from there. This insanity will not last forever and whoever doesn't take advantage of this current market (that doesn't really need a truck) is crazy IMPO.
I do need a truck for a cross country move I'll be making here soon. I guess it just depends on what kind of MPG the Toyota will get, right now I'm averaging 22.5 in my V6 Ram 80 city 20 highway. (I live 3 miles from work)

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That’s not completely fair. Some of us “want” and “like” our trucks, so why run out and ditch them for a cash grab?

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like the light bar in the grill but other than that it's too GM-ish on the outside for my tastes (with RAM sport hood badging).

I'm sure the interior will be nice and the MSRP will most likely be higher than a RAM for a comparable truck since it says TOYOTA on it.

Since there will be very little discount off of MSRP you won't get as much "bang for the buck" as you would with a domestic truck.

The price I paid for my RAM was the same price I would have paid for a Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Off-Road. I may not have as much ground clearance as the Taco but my RAM gets the nod in every other department in a comparison. I think it would be a tie in the fuel economy department though.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
That’s not completely fair. Some of us “want” and “like” our trucks, so why run out and ditch them for a cash grab?
Not based on being fair or unfair. Because it is the fiscally responsible thing to do my friend. I "want" and "liked" my truck VERY MUCH too. But, to cash in on something I didn't need that was solely a toy (no hauling and no towing) was the right thing to do from a financial perspective. With new trucks coming in 2022 and 2023 that will have significant upgrades, and allowing the COVID-based semiconductor shortage to normalize, there will be hundreds of thousands of NEW trucks flooding the market once manufacturers are to ship them and get them off their storage lots. Prices will normalize and you'll be able to buy new for a great price based on the number of available vehicles. This is a once in a lifetime event that we may never see again. To not seriously consider it is a big mistake. Where can you go today and make such a high return on your investment? Vehicles depreciate...not appreciate and, if you can and aren't emotionally tied to your truck...you should sell ;)

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not based on being fair or unfair. Because it is the fiscally responsible thing to do my friend. I "want" and "liked" my truck VERY MUCH too. But, to cash in on something I didn't need that was solely a toy (no hauling and no towing) was the right thing to do from a financial perspective. With new trucks coming in 2022 and 2023 that will have significant upgrades, and allowing the COVID-based semiconductor shortage to normalize, there will be hundreds of thousands of NEW trucks flooding the market once manufacturers are to ship them and get them off their storage lots. Prices will normalize and you'll be able to buy new for a great price based on the number of available vehicles. This is a once in a lifetime event that we may never see again. To not seriously consider it is a big mistake. Where can you go today and make such a high return on your investment? Vehicles depreciate...not appreciate and, if you can and aren't emotionally tied to your truck...you should sell ;)
OK, let's play this out: I presume you have already sold your house (in this amazing seller's market) and moved into a small apartment? In your words, it would absolutely be "the fiscally responsible thing to do" right now, and "to not seriously consider it is a big mistake". After all, this is a "...once in a lifetime event that we may never see again." I don't know about you, but I don't feel like moving just because I can get a great price.

Now, I'm not ignoring the market. KBB shows really good numbers for my truck, with a trade-in value of $59K and private party of $61K. I checked with Vroom and was not impressed ($54K). Carvana was a complete waste of time ($43K).

So...since I still need a vehicle, I'll keep my custom-ordered, loaded, and relatively problem-free (never to be taken for granted) Longhorn. I'll still have my Lifetime MaxCare warranty, too. The cost of me "doing nothing" over the next five years vs. any potential premium I'd collect in the present market and then turn around and spend on other vehicle(s) during that time frame is just as likely to work out in my favor as trying to "time the market" on selling and repurchasing.

Now we can both sit back and wait for EVs to go mainstream ;)

Users who are viewing this thread