5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Toyota Tundra

Smerberj

Reaction score
Honestly I really like what I'm seeing and hearing about the 2022 Tundra. If I like it, and if it comes in white with black accents like the RAM midnight edition then I'll be trading in my RAM. Already got the green light from the wife.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My first truck was a 1992 Toyota pickup - standard cab, 5 speed, 2wd with the 4-cyl (22RE). Never had a problem with it and was a great truck.

Fast forward 25 years and I'm in the market for a new truck (2019). I visit the Toyota dealership to check out new Tundras:

1. Salesperson was semi-friendly until I started asking questions, then became huffy when I wasn't completely sold on any of the trucks I looked at.
2. Discounts are minimal. Outside of a couple thousand for a factory discount there wasn't anything to be had as far as a "deal" outside of an additional $500 because I'm a veteran.

The only truck that interested me was a Limited that was 4 years old and they still wanted $45K for it. Yes, they are very reliable vehicles but if my choice is a 4-year-old Tundra for $45K or a brand new RAM 1500 for $44K then I choose the RAM.
This type of pricing is why all of those articles and such that say the Tundra has the best resale are bunk. Because it is based off of MSRP, and you don't pay close to MSRP (normal times) with the Big 3.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good choice, and resale between the two is actually pretty close, even though there are a lot more RAMs out there than Tundras. When I was picking up our new Toyota C-HR, the saleman looked at my RAM and said I should trade it in on a Tundra. I told her I didn't want a 10 year old F150, lol.

I told her I'll wait until the new one comes and and think about it then.
If they're option packages weren't based on color I might have found one I liked. I'm fairly particular about exterior color and it seemed liked a lot of the option combinations I liked were not available in my color "spectrum".

Derek cornett

Reaction score
Awwwww coil springs and now the hood badges... Screenshot_20210617-191425_YouTube.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210617-191410_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20210617-191410_YouTube.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_20210617-191447_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20210617-191447_YouTube.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 45

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score

It’s preproduction but I expect the unveil to be within the next 2 weeks. Looks to have carbon fiber fender flares and tailgate trim. Also, think the TRD Pro will have that red/blood orange color which explains the iForce Max engine speculation of orangish electric harnesses, probably just the paint since for 2022, it’s believed to be the first year to have separate colors for the TRD’s. Red/Blood Orange for the Tundra, Green for the Tacoma, and Yellow for the 4Runner.

Derek cornett

Reaction score
I'm assuming the TRD pro going to compete with the TRX and Raptor? If that's the case then i suspect the other tundra models will look less aggressive.

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
I think it’s pretty legit. My wife has a 4Runner, it’s been a great car. Like others, I appreciate Toyotas reliability, resell, and other areas where it excels. And like others, I think the current Tundra is outdated and not competitive with its peers.

Had it not been for the pandemic and a better line of sight in regards to what’s the come with the Tundra, I might have waited for it.

I imagine they will have some pretty good technology and other somewhat game changing things in their release.

I picked up my on Monday, my current truck is a 2001. In 20 years when I buy another truck, I will look at the 2041 Tundra.

Users who are viewing this thread