5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram Uconnect 5 Issue

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I can tell you one thing for sure.. RAM Canada SUCKS! I had posted a pic of my blue screen back in 2019 and they deleted the post within 5 min and blocked me from commenting. If I go to the Us Ram facebook page @RamCares is actively addressing the many comments on the page, not deleting them all and blocking the ppl. You guys in the states get much much better customer care than we do up here. Canadian satisfaction really doesn't matter.
Hello Fishnram,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Have you tried reaching out to the Canada Customer Care number that we've provided to you in the PM?

William
Ram Cares

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine was built 6-21-22 and I noticed this week that some of my presets got changed, but not all. Maybe half of them. Very odd. And my audio equalizer settings go back to default also. I have to fix everything again next time I get in the truck.

My system is the 8.4 non-NAV. Can I still search for OTA updates?

fishnram

Reaction score
Hello Fishnram,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Have you tried reaching out to the Canada Customer Care number that we've provided to you in the PM?

William
Ram Cares

Yup ! No help until my dealership sees it but amazingly yesterday after work I come out turn on the truck and everything works now. If an OTA happens does it always tell you one happened in the dash cluster? I’m trying to figure what happened to make it all suddenly work after 2 weeks. Non the less I’m going to pick up my winter tires from the dealership and plan to still have them look at it just to make sure it stays working. But yes RAM CANADA ON Facebook sucks! I’d love to make sure upper management knows they are the worst pass that along for me? RAM Canada needs new social media management and to do what you guys do on the USA page…. Acknowledge customers issues, not try to hide issues. They cause ppl like me to lose trust in RAM. But I do appreciate you American guys replying on here and helping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jexx

Reaction score
I got a OTA update today. It said it was to fix the preset loss, the backup cam, blue tooth and other issues. I'm hoping this fixes everything
I still haven't received this OTA update yet, and if I go to the Uconnect website and manually check for updates via searching with my VIN number it says no updates available.

I only mention this because for the first time this morning I got the backup camera bug where my display did not switch automatically to the backup camera when I put my truck in reverse, and that is what this OTA is suppose to fix.

I imagine they are doing a staged rollout, but I honestly figured by now I would have received it, or at the very least checking my VIN on the website would show an update available.

Crazy Dane

Reaction score
Update, it has been almost 2 weeks and I haven't had a problem. My presets are still there vs the preupdate gone in 60 seconds. :LOL:

Jexx

Reaction score
Update, it has been almost 2 weeks and I haven't had a problem. My presets are still there vs the preupdate gone in 60 seconds. :LOL:
I still haven't got the update yet, I search on Uconnect website with my VIN and says I'm up to date, and nothing OTA has arrived yet either.

Good to hear your problems are fixed though!

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I still haven't got the update yet, I search on Uconnect website with my VIN and says I'm up to date, and nothing OTA has arrived yet either.

Good to hear your problems are fixed though!
Hey Jexx,

Please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to look into this for you.

William
Ram Cares

fishnram

Reaction score
My previous issues were fixed august 5th when dealer did a hard reset and just a week ago all new issues started now. This is beyond frustrating! Now the radio screen won’t turn on for up to 5 min, and when I’m listening to usb and get out of truck and go back in next day or even few hrs later it’s playing the music from the beginning not the song or folder I was last on. And without the voice command it’s a huge pain in *** to search manually for the song. Other stuff like songs not playing for few min when I touch screen are also happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fishnram

Reaction score
@RamCares do I gotta wait for an update still or can the dealership just put a new radio in? Its a pain in the butt, they are 45 min from me and I work long hrs so trying to schedule this will suck. But I want this thing fixed PERMANATELY .

KurtLaf

Reaction score
Has anyone here experienced issues after an update when the system operated normally prior to the update? Can updates be disabled? Doing the research now in advance of receiving my truck.

RipperT

Reaction score
This is what I am doing as work around for this problem of losing pre sets since my dealer can't solve it and Ram refuses to acknowledge the problem...

If I create a 2nd profile.... and simply use that profile ... My presets don't disappear... they only disappear on the primary profile.

GSchwizzy

Reaction score
Hello All.

Newer 2022 1500 Big Horn owner here... since Oct 2023. Liking the truck overall, but I've had it with the Base 6-speaker radio/head unit. I keep losing presets (radio, EQ, loudness and volume/speed adjustment). No rhyme or reason... doesn't depend on remote start or push button, either profile, warm or colder temps... it sucks!!

How do I tell if I need an update?? I keep seeing '@RamCares' here, do I contact them for an OTA update? If so, how?? Also, sometimes the HU takes FOREVER to recognize a USB... sometimes the screen doesn't come on, it's all over the place and I've had it. Thinking/hoping it's just an update to fix this stuff.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread