5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram Uconnect 5 Issue

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Vehicle settings, select system information, select version information, under build number

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have, and looked up my VIN. No updates currently available.
ok... driveuconnect website is not accurate. I have seen vehicles that have updates available that are told they are up to date by driveuconnect.

Crazy Dane

Reaction score
2022 Rebel, 8.4 non nav, non memory seats, build 3-22 purchased 3-24-22, on my 4th hard/factory reset. Uconnect continues to lose presets, backup camera not coming up, changing other settings like dark/light mode at will. Uconnect says I'm up to date, dealer says OTA updates are coming and continue to do resets. I think my next reset will be with a BFH. I am posting a shot of the version screen and VIN sticker. Anything else I can do besides wait for an update? I too would gladly give $500 for uconnect 4.

fatfree

Reaction score
Seems like the work around to the issue is to save the memory seats once you have your radio presets the way you want it. Unfortunate for those who do not have memory seats.

I wish I can just add the memory seats buttons some how just to fix this.

MO Rebel

Reaction score
Seems like the work around to the issue is to save the memory seats once you have your radio presets the way you want it. Unfortunate for those who do not have memory seats.

I wish I can just add the memory seats buttons some how just to fix this.
The memory seat thing has been mentioned before. Doesn’t work for me.

bentley22

Reaction score
My $54K 2022 Lonestar, 5.7 uconnect system keeps losing my radio presets!! I checked and my software is supposed to be up to date. I sure hope they solve this problem soon as it is extremely annoying! I guess we wait and see.
I am in the same boat as you losing presets every other day .It is sickening!!!

fatfree

Reaction score
Anyone know if the 12” screen has this issue also? I would upgrade if it fixes the issue.

Jtbarrett88

Reaction score
Well well well here we are MONTHS later and it’s doing the same crap again 🤬🤬🤬

Seat memory worked for about 2 months, then it DOES IT CONSTANTLY NOW

60k truck and it can’t even save radio presets.

Worthless

Crazy Dane

Reaction score
Is there a solution for this problem yet?

A month ago, I did a full reset and unhooked the battery from almost an hour, doing that it had seemed I had solved the problem. Alas, in the last 3 days uconnect has lost all of the presets multiple times but leaving the radio on the last xm station it was playing. Yesterday morning I got in to go to work and it had reset again leaving xm on channel 1 and limited channels, like there was no subscription. it took several minutes before I could go to my favorite station.

I'm calling the dealership tomorrow to see if I get the same answer as last time, "we understand there is an issue and the engineers are working on it"

I’d give $500 to have the UConnect 4 out of my Grand Cherokee in my truck.
I'll see your $500 and raise you $250.... UC4 never had any issues.

Maxhunter

Reaction score
I have a 3 month old 2022 1500 4x4, Uconnect presets disappear randomly VERY ANNOYING, I am considering Lemon law action. Also the brakes slam on occasionally for no reason when backing out of my driveway entering the street.

JD72

Reaction score
The actual presets are not at all tied to the seat memory. if you have this function it is because the truck stores your profile and recalls when you hit either of the seat presets. That is it. The memory is from the head unit. They have had issues from the last Uconnect dropping and it carried over to the 5. They never resolved the last gen. I had a 14 and then a 19 both did it. The only way I slowed it was to do a hard reset once in a while and it would clear and reboot from the PROM. I have not seen a solution. Sadly this is the sole reason they have dropped in satisfaction. They are just kicking the can and still releasing a nonstable platform in the hopes they resolve it some day. It is frustrating my 22 does the same as noted above. Random every few days memory dropped. Screen changes to daytime itself. settings drop. etc...

MO Rebel

Reaction score
The actual presets are not at all tied to the seat memory. if you have this function it is because the truck stores your profile and recalls when you hit either of the seat presets. That is it. The memory is from the head unit. They have had issues from the last Uconnect dropping and it carried over to the 5. They never resolved the last gen. I had a 14 and then a 19 both did it. The only way I slowed it was to do a hard reset once in a while and it would clear and reboot from the PROM. I have not seen a solution. Sadly this is the sole reason they have dropped in satisfaction. They are just kicking the can and still releasing a nonstable platform in the hopes they resolve it some day. It is frustrating my 22 does the same as noted above. Random every few days memory dropped. Screen changes to daytime itself. settings drop. etc...
I’ve never had these issues in the UConnect4 in either one of our Grand Cherokees (2019 and 2020, both w/ 8.4” Nav). Not a single occurrence. It happens weekly in my 2022 Rebel w/ 8.4” and the dreaded UConnect5. Sure seems like a UConnect5 only issue to me.

BillN

Reaction score
Do your speakers rumble when you open your doors, or shortly after you close the doors? Mine do it every time but I don’t see anyone else talking about it.
My speakers rumble when I open doors and same issues but others as well. Been happening since new (7 months now)

BillN

Reaction score
I have been having these issues and others since day 1, speakers pop when opening door, radio resets all presets, loose camera or blue screen, loose heat fictions, usb charging problems, air bag warnings, front and rear sensors not working or Lind delay, tire pressure warning and a list of others. My truck has been in and out of the dealer for 7 months they changed the radio twice, camera, and sat antenna. The camera went out while I was in the car with the tech. They hooked the car up and it threw no codes ( camera was blue) tech did a hard reset and star said all good! The dealership said there is nothing mor they can do. Star said I just have to live with issues and wait for an update ( been 7 months)
All I know is if it is sunny the car has NO issues but EVERY TIME it has reset it has been the day after driving in the rain. I don’t know how driving in rain has anything to do with a software update. Has anyone else noticed a water retaliated issue. I believe in the rear of the truck , maybe a bad connection of short back there. I’m going to try spraying sections every other day to see if it falls out.
FYI I’ve had 3 cars with uconnect 4 and that was the best system I’ve ever used which is why I keep buying Ram,

TheWarmBeer

Reaction score
I got my 2022 1500 (No memory seats) Bighorn in Feb this year and the presets have erased themselves at least 10-12 since then. No real rhyme or reason, I have had them erase while driving, and they were all gone when I got home from vacation last week. I loved the UC4 and it was flawless when I had it. I reached out to my dealer about if they have any information on it and waiting to hear back. Looks like there is no sense in taking it in from all of your responses.

Users who are viewing this thread