5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 RAM 1500

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all, I ordered my '22 Laramie on 5/10. My last-6 on the VIN is 100431.
Wow, looks like you were in the first 500 of DT’s ordered. And that’s in keeping with the timeline. Thanks for the data point.

evillrdnikon

Reaction score
ok.. I'm here in Las Vegas and would love to know how everyone is preordering right now?!? I just talked to a dealer while getting some maintenance and they were clueless on when the 2022s will be ready to order

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
ok.. I'm here in Las Vegas and would love to know how everyone is preordering right now?!? I just talked to a dealer while getting some maintenance and they were clueless on when the 2022s will be ready to order
Well, then that’s probably a sign that you have an incompetent dealer.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree with previous post. They should at least give you some idea.

My dealer said that you can place an order, and those are getting priority over dealers. But realistic numbers is august-september earliest. Depending on when you ordered and what options you have...due to the chip shortage, and backlog.

This doesn't include current 2021 orders, because some of those are turning into 2022 trucks

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie (leveled with 2" rc struts and 1" rear spacer on 33.5" toyo open country) , 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree with previous post. They should at least give you some idea.

My dealer said that you can place an order, and those are getting priority over dealers. But realistic numbers is august-september earliest. Depending on when you ordered and what options you have...due to the chip shortage, and backlog.

This doesn't include current 2021 orders, because some of those are turning into 2022 trucks

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie (leveled with 2" rc struts and 1" rear spacer on 33.5" toyo open country) , 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)
I find it hard to believe any of the 21s are becoming 22s

jlinsenbardt

Reaction score
Based on the UAW 1700 facebook page postings, they're running somewhere around 6,000 trucks a week. Assuming they actually start production on 8/7, we "might" be able to infer when our trucks will run through assembly.

Don't forget that you also have to take into account the rest of the VIN, not just the sequence number.

Position 4 - Above or Below 7000lbs
Position 5-7 - Cab Type & Trim Level
Position 8 - Engine Horsepower

Pulled this from another thread here:

GATORB8

Reaction score
Ordered today.
On my Laramie build, the order system wouldn’t let us do advanced safety.

Attachments

• 8ADAEF18-71FF-42D9-B4E3-021EAA1E66F9.jpeg
    8ADAEF18-71FF-42D9-B4E3-021EAA1E66F9.jpeg
    111.9 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered today.
Oh [email protected] bet that color leather seats looks fantastic.

Not a big fan of the tan color, but some color combos looks great, and patriot blue is one of them.

monkeypunch

Reaction score
Ordered today.
Was that available on the 2021's? I don't remember what it was that made me step up to the Limited but I think that's it.
I want to say around Feb this year, they stopped allowing the ASG on the Laramie's, along with BSM. Not 100% sure I specifically was avoiding the lane assist and ACC stuff.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm just hoping a relatively loaded Limited ordered from a volume dealer gets some form of priority (more profit for FCA). I still can't believe Mark Dodge told me that they are optimistic and believe mine will be at the end of August. My bet is the end of October. I hope I'm wrong 🤣

monkeypunch

Reaction score
I'm just hoping a relatively loaded Limited ordered from a volume dealer gets some form of priority (more profit for FCA). I still can't believe Mark Dodge told me that they are optimistic and believe mine will be at the end of August. My bet is the end of October. I hope I'm wrong 🤣
I heard if you didn't get the sunroof, you go to the back of the line :unsure:😜

Jimp1

Reaction score
Ordered my 22 Laramie yesterday. Had to get Crew Cab and E-Torque to get GT package. I wanted Quad with regular Hemi, but wasn't going to order without GT package. Salesman said they were told that they are building Rebel, Laramie, and Limited first. Hope he's right. Let the wait begin.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered my 22 Laramie yesterday. Had to get Crew Cab and E-Torque to get GT package. I wanted Quad with regular Hemi, but wasn't going to order without GT package. Salesman said they were told that they are building Rebel, Laramie, and Limited first. Hope he's right. Let the wait begin.

Did they give you any price on the GT and the options that it comes with?

When I placed my order for my big horn back country, I didn’t get any infor on it…some of the rumors about the package suckered me into getting that package…so I’m hoping my back country package has everything I want in it.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie, 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

GATORB8

Reaction score
I hope not, bought my 19 OTL in early October 18.

monkeypunch

Reaction score

When I placed my order for my big horn back country, I didn’t get any infor on it…some of the rumors about the package suckered me into getting that package…so I’m hoping my back country package has everything I want in it.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie, 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Check here for some info

monkeypunch

Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210626-201547_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210626-201547_Chrome.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 50

Users who are viewing this thread