5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 RAM 1500

GATORB8

Reaction score
6/25 order VIN:119160
Interesting, my dealer must have entered the order on Monday a few minutes before yours. I "placed" the order on 6/24, and the POC shows an order date of 6/26 11:19 AM. We're only 8 apart.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There are two similar threads on this site for 2022 orders. FWIW, I updated the tracking stuff on the other thread earlier.
@GATORB8, I've got yours in there as well now, but I'm trying not to blast this site with too many iterations of it.

GATORB8

Reaction score
There are two similar threads on this site for 2022 orders. FWIW, I updated the tracking stuff on the other thread earlier.
@GATORB8, I've got yours in there as well now, but I'm trying not to blast this site with too many iterations of it.
Thanks, I'll watch that one.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting, my dealer must have entered the order on Monday a few minutes before yours. I "placed" the order on 6/24, and the POC shows an order date of 6/26 11:19 AM. We're only 8 apart.
So...uhm...I don't know my dates apparently...my POC has an ordered date of 6/26 @12:26pm CST.

FireRam

Reaction score
Those of you who have ordered a 2022, is the back county the only new package? Is the Built to Serve still available?

FireRam

Reaction score
Ok cool thanks. NADA site shows Back Country package is only available on Short bed. If you select 6ft 4 bed Sport and Night Edition are the only packages.

BladeK

Reaction score
So there's a good data point in there. You ordered on 5/15 and received a VIN with the last-6 of 100940. My order was in the system on 5/20, and I have a last-6 of 101976. Any other 2022 orders that can share their last-6 VIN digits?
Mine is 102060

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree with previous post. They should at least give you some idea.

My dealer said that you can place an order, and those are getting priority over dealers. But realistic numbers is august-september earliest. Depending on when you ordered and what options you have...due to the chip shortage, and backlog.

This doesn't include current 2021 orders, because some of those are turning into 2022 trucks

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie (leveled with 2" rc struts and 1" rear spacer on 33.5" toyo open country) , 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)
I would like to hear were you heard dome 21 are going to be 22's i am still waiting on mine and the factory is shut down the next two weeks. I alread have a vin number so how can the change it? Thanks

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Amazing how many orders there are for something not even on the FCA website yet. Imagine if it was a completely new gen and a completely new interior and none of us had any idea what we were getting into!

jayray38

Reaction score
Just got word from my dealer that my 2021 truck I ordered back in February is now being changed to a 2022. My friend also got the same call but his color he originally went with is now discontinued so he'll have to pick a new color and his option for a sun roof will delay his truck even longer. BTW...I'm in Canada.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got word from my dealer that my 2021 truck I ordered back in February is now being changed to a 2022. My friend also got the same call but his color he originally went with is now discontinued so he'll have to pick a new color and his option for a sun roof will delay his truck even longer. BTW...I'm in Canada.
Do you know what color it was?

jayray38

Reaction score
Do you know what color it was?
Not off the top of my head... It was a metallic grey/blue color I believe but can't remember the name he said.
Just texted him....Maximum Steel was the color

BladeK

Reaction score
I know they have to have a certain amount of one color before they will build a truck. If they don't have all the parts for one it gets pushed to the next go around of that color. I don't think they go by vin # sequence.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not off the top of my head... It was a metallic grey/blue color I believe but can't remember the name he said.
Just texted him....Maximum Steel was the color
That's wild, my limited is Maximum Steel. I can't believe they're discontinuing it. I did read the same thing from someone else on here though.

monkeypunch

Reaction score
That's wild, my limited is Maximum Steel. I can't believe they're discontinuing it. I did read the same thing from someone else on here though.
I was between max steel and Patriot blue..

Sooooooo what color you think your truck will be? :unsure: :eek:

Calileta

Reaction score
Ordered a 2022 Longhorn on 8/13/21. Wanted a light interior as I live on the surface of the sun, and ordered the Southfork Edition Group. Is there any info out there that shows what the interior actually will look like? Comes with MFT which I’m anxious to try, but I am really frustrated that no one has a flush, hard folding bed cover that will work with it. Looking at Extang unless I can find one.

Users who are viewing this thread