5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 RAM 1500

rossn2

Reaction score
Exactly. However, the UAW 1700 facebook page still says that they're shutting down the week of 7/19. So I've been wondering if they're actually starting up the 2022 builds the following week (7/25-7/26, depending on the shift). I'm really curious to see if @redriderbob (who is in Detroit, and is "in the know") has some insider information that would help. That would be awesome news, if they're starting the 2022's earlier than expected.
I just ordered a 2022 couple weeks ago guess I'll get the new truck when I get it...not really bothered having to wait as I travel a lot for work..so my 2019 Big Horn North Edition will just sit and wait to be traded in...Dealer already guaranteed in writing trade-in value of $42.5k in August when new truck suppose to arrive.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You and me both bought the colored covers. The black mirrors cover grew on me over time. I also bought a mirror off of ebay to practice the mirror removal on. I figure I'll stick with the black unless something happens to them in which case I will put the body color ones on.

Hell I still have parts from my 2001 that I didn't put on but I still have the 2001 so I still have time. :eek: :unsure::D

That's what happened to me; I tinted the windows and the black mirrors fit right in now. I'm in no hurry to swap them out, mainly because I know I'll end up busting a mirror in the process.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That's what happened to me; I tinted the windows and the black mirrors fit right in now. I'm in no hurry to swap them out, mainly because I know I'll end up busting a mirror in the process.
I think the trick to removing the mirror is to make sure it is warm. I practiced with the one I purchased from ebay and I was able to remove the mirror glass with just my fingers, of course it wasn't on the Ram so I had some advantage.
I'm with you on the replacement. There is plenty of opportunities to need to replace in the future.
My local streets were not made for all the increased traffic. Constantly maneuvering around Amazon, UPS, Fed Ex, lawn service/other construction, double parkers, no parking/standing - parkers and the latest impediment door dash / food delivery. I would be negligent to leave out the school "moms" (generic term). I shouldn't leave out the public/school buses and Access-A-Ride.
Took the 93 year old father in laws 2011 Honda Fit out for a 60 mile ride to update the emissions for the NYS inspection and felt a sense of relief.
But I won't give in to the tyranny.

kmwr

Reaction score
Last Monday. That was just Sandi's comment to me on the phone. It was roughly like this after I paid the deposit:
"Well, it could arrive as soon as the end of August"
"What! That seems crazy, I was thinking more like Halloween with the chip shortages"
"Well, we'll see! We're optimistic around here".

She did tell me that my order is a part of their first round of orders to FCA. If I had to guess, I would imagine that an auto manufacturer prioritizes paid orders to volume dealers, especially with higher trims. There's more profit in doing so and the logistics in transporting a large number of vehicles would be easier/cheaper. Theoretically, a volume dealership would get their Limited, Limited Longhorns and Rebels first provided the manufacturer has all they need to produce those trims.

But, I know nothing in all reality.
Due to the global wide semiconductor chip shortage, the chip-reliant automotive industry has been struggling to make adjustments to its manufacturing operations to ensure that production won’t slow down. Ram Truck brand has been forced to revamp several of its packages on its Ram 1500 and Heavy Duty lineup to keep production moving. Ram has decided to remove the Blind-Spot Monitoring (XAN) option from some of its most popular packages. on 1500. I think its only on Laramie level 1&2. is right now Effected the manufacturing regarding the semiconductor chip shortage issue. Markdodge is one of the top dealership in the US for Ram.. hope the Ram will prioritize that! good luck with your new truck

kmwr

Reaction score
Last Monday. That was just Sandi's comment to me on the phone. It was roughly like this after I paid the deposit:
"Well, it could arrive as soon as the end of August"
"What! That seems crazy, I was thinking more like Halloween with the chip shortages"
"Well, we'll see! We're optimistic around here".

She did tell me that my order is a part of their first round of orders to FCA. If I had to guess, I would imagine that an auto manufacturer prioritizes paid orders to volume dealers, especially with higher trims. There's more profit in doing so and the logistics in transporting a large number of vehicles would be easier/cheaper. Theoretically, a volume dealership would get their Limited, Limited Longhorns and Rebels first provided the manufacturer has all they need to produce those trims.

But, I know nothing in all reality.
Also in your order if you see D1 then you are the first priority for factory!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Note that it's not uncommon for builds to move from D to D1 and revert to D for various reasons. You may not always see this when tracking. Mine reverted to D for a while due to early availability issues with RamBoxes and other options (mid-2018), but I didn't know this until I saw it on my build sheet.

GATORB8

Reaction score
I'm in D (of course). Hopefully they really do have all the parts.
This is from Jeep Chat on our Wrangler we also have on order, but this was their canned response while we were in:
D:
I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build.
D1:
I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided.

They never give dates, but once you were in D1, the dealer screen shows an "estimated ship date"

brenan00

Reaction score
SHAP Production Dates...

2021 MY - Production End on Saturday, July 17th
2022 MY - Production Start on Sunday, July 25th
That sounds about right for me. I think I was one of the last MY21 ordered, and my sales guy said build date is the 15th.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is from Jeep Chat on our Wrangler we also have on order, but this was their canned response while we were in:
D:
I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build.
D1:
I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided.

They never give dates, but once you were in D1, the dealer screen shows an "estimated ship date"
Thank you for the info!

GATORB8

Reaction score
I'm finding that there are several anomalies in the VINs assigned in the 112000-113000 range. I updated my little tracker with yours, and here's how it looks now. Whereas others ordered days-to-weeks earlier and got a VIN similar to yours, you somehow got a VIN corresponding to a timeframe several days before you actually ordered. 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 98203
6/26 Order VIN 119152

Users who are viewing this thread