5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 RAM 1500

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you very much. Its pricy, but you can see the value of that spray in bed liner, bed cover, tube steps, and the bed steps

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie (leveled with 2" rc struts and 1" rear spacer on 33.5" toyo open country) , 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

jlinsenbardt

Reaction score
I'm just hoping a relatively loaded Limited ordered from a volume dealer gets some form of priority (more profit for FCA). I still can't believe Mark Dodge told me that they are optimistic and believe mine will be at the end of August. My bet is the end of October. I hope I'm wrong 🤣
When did you order yours? I haven't gotten any commitment from Mark Dodge other than the standard "12-16 weeks once production starts"

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When did you order yours? I haven't gotten any commitment from Mark Dodge other than the standard "12-16 weeks once production starts"
Last Monday. That was just Sandi's comment to me on the phone. It was roughly like this after I paid the deposit:
"Well, it could arrive as soon as the end of August"
"What! That seems crazy, I was thinking more like Halloween with the chip shortages"
"Well, we'll see! We're optimistic around here".

She did tell me that my order is a part of their first round of orders to FCA. If I had to guess, I would imagine that an auto manufacturer prioritizes paid orders to volume dealers, especially with higher trims. There's more profit in doing so and the logistics in transporting a large number of vehicles would be easier/cheaper. Theoretically, a volume dealership would get their Limited, Limited Longhorns and Rebels first provided the manufacturer has all they need to produce those trims.

But, I know nothing in all reality.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm finding that there are several anomalies in the VINs assigned in the 112000-113000 range. I updated my little tracker with yours, and here's how it looks now. Whereas others ordered days-to-weeks earlier and got a VIN similar to yours, you somehow got a VIN corresponding to a timeframe several days before you actually ordered. 🤷‍♂️

1624909996294.png

jlinsenbardt

Reaction score
It's not all that odd if you look at the date they got their VIN and not necessarily their order date. SeaSkag had issues with his dealership on the order. He ordered 5/15 but his VIN was issued 6/21. arod412 VIN was 6/24 and KWKSLVR is really the only anomaly as his VIN was issued 6/28 I believe.

jlinsenbardt

Reaction score
Anybody have mods waiting already on their 2022? Was thinking of ordering the Borla ATAK exhaust so I can install it as soon as i get home from the dealership (if that day ever comes).

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Anybody have mods waiting already on their 2022? Was thinking of ordering the Borla ATAK exhaust so I can install it as soon as i get home from the dealership (if that day ever comes).

I had ordered and received body colored mirror covers for my 2019 while I was waiting for factory to ship my truck. Covers are still sitting on the shelf 2 years later :(

GATORB8

Reaction score
I need to order a smaller lift/level from Motofab since my new order has ORP. I'll probably swap out my 35" ridge grapplers, RC calibrator, tri fold, carven 5" tips, and wireless carplay adapter.

jlinsenbardt

Reaction score
I need to order a smaller lift/level from Motofab since my new order has ORP. I'll probably swap out my 35" ridge grapplers, RC calibrator, tri fold, carven 5" tips, and wireless carplay adapter.
Android Auto 5 has wireless CarPlay :)

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's not all that odd if you look at the date they got their VIN and not necessarily their order date. SeaSkag had issues with his dealership on the order. He ordered 5/15 but his VIN was issued 6/21. arod412 VIN was 6/24 and KWKSLVR is really the only anomaly as his VIN was issued 6/28 I believe.
I don't know when it was issued, I just asked Sandi if we knew what it was and she replied to me with it about 20 or 30 minutes later.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
SHAP Production Dates...

2021 MY - Production End on Saturday, July 17th
2022 MY - Production Start on Sunday, July 25th
Mind if I ask how you got that info?

rossn2

Reaction score
The Donlen link above shows 2022 1500 production start date Aug 7th....

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Donlen link above shows 2022 1500 production start date Aug 7th....
Exactly. However, the UAW 1700 facebook page still says that they're shutting down the week of 7/19. So I've been wondering if they're actually starting up the 2022 builds the following week (7/25-7/26, depending on the shift). I'm really curious to see if @redriderbob (who is in Detroit, and is "in the know") has some insider information that would help. That would be awesome news, if they're starting the 2022's earlier than expected.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had ordered and received body colored mirror covers for my 2019 while I was waiting for factory to ship my truck. Covers are still sitting on the shelf 2 years later :(
You and me both bought the colored covers. The black mirrors cover grew on me over time. I also bought a mirror off of ebay to practice the mirror removal on. I figure I'll stick with the black unless something happens to them in which case I will put the body color ones on.

Hell I still have parts from my 2001 that I didn't put on but I still have the 2001 so I still have time. :eek: :unsure::D

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online