5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
Are you US and did you get a Laramie Sport? I got the Canadian "Sport" as a trim level. We have a Sport and a Laramie in Canada.

Canadian "Sport" option of Level 2 Equipment group is
  • 115V Rear Auxiliary Power Outlet
  • A/C w/Dual-Zone Automatic Temperature Control
  • Media Hub w/2 USB Charging Ports
  • Park-Sense Front & Rear Park Assist
  • Rain-sensing windshield wipers
  • Rear Underseat Compartment Storage
  • Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
  • Remote Start System
  • Security Alarm
Canadian "Laramie" option of Level B Equipment group is
  • Automatic High-Beam Headlamp Control
  • Door Trim Panel Foam Bottle Insert
  • harmon/kardon 19-Speaker Audio
  • Park-Sense Front & Rear Park Assist
  • Rain-sensing windshield wipers
  • Rear 60/40 Folding & Reclining Seat
  • Rear Underseat Compartment Storage
  • Remote Tailgate Release
  • Second-Row Heated Seats
I have to check my sheet but it seems we have the same truck except you last option. I guess I have the US sport as in the GT And also a Laramie.

Eh_Ron

Reaction score
I have to check my sheet but it seems we have the same truck except you last option. I guess I have the US sport as in the GT And also a Laramie.
We both have the GT package but mine is a Sport trim and yours is a laramie trim. If you visit the Ram Canada site you’ll see the difference. Sport doesn’t have the auto high beams, Harmon stereo (unless upgraded) reclining rear seat, etc.

Any idea about my 2 initial questions? Remote tailgate release standard and flat bottom steering wheel?

FatNelson

Reaction score
I just noticed something on the picture in the QSG with the center console-the cubby where the CD player and subsequent pocket used to be shows just a full filler plate now. I hope that is not the case-I used that cubby a LOT for my phone before because the Note 20 didn't want to fit correctly with the cord attached in the phone holder/charger area. With CarPlay and AA being wireless now I plan on putting my phone in the holder but I still would like to have the cubby available to use.

FWIW, the truck in the marketing shots and at the CAS still had the cubby area in it. View attachment 104881

View attachment 104882
How do you go about not getting the CD drive? I have no use for this and would much rather have the cubby for more storage. It's weird to me that it was added back to the 5th gen when my 4th gen doesn't have one.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How do you go about not getting the CD drive? I have no use for this and would much rather have the cubby for more storage. It's weird to me that it was added back to the 5th gen when my 4th gen doesn't have one.

Ram has already stopped including the CD drive. I believe only the 2019s had it. Beginning with the 2020s, that area became an extra little cubby storage space.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Daily update for new additions (@rrutkf80, @MrDazana, @brewing_better77, @FatNelson, @Fastrnu, @REBEL-X, @bigdodge, @jbeppo, @franky1397z).
No change to the production assumptions, although I heard a rumor that Stellantis has pushed back the 2022 start from 9/10 to 9/11. This is from someone with access to the supplier schedule.

View attachment 104948
At that point they might as well just get on the other side of the weekend an start in earnest on Monday the 13th.

R3RAM

Reaction score
Looks like I may be in D1 status according to Ram Chat, I'll call the dealer to confirm. What they told me is below, the "I am showing that your order has been in this stage for 1 day now" part is promising. Being that my VIN is 100937, I better be in D1 at this point lol. No dealer ETA isn't hopeful tho.

Thank you so much for holding. I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process shortly. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided.
I'm sorry , I would not be able to confirm this code as we are no longer provided such codes. We are given only a status description that I just provided you. I am showing that your order has been in this stage for 1 day now.

Last edited:

R3RAM

Reaction score
Looks like I may be in D1 status according to Ram Chat, I'll called the dealer to confirm and it is in D1! What they told me is below, the "I am showing that your order has been in this stage for 1 day now" part is promising. Being that my VIN is 100937, I better be in D1 at this point lol. No dealer ETA isn't hopeful tho.

Thank you so much for holding. I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process shortly. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided.
I'm sorry , I would not be able to confirm this code as we are no longer provided such codes. We are given only a status description that I just provided you. I am showing that your order has been in this stage for 1 day now.
Officially in D1 as of yesterday, finally!

jlinsenbardt

Reaction score
I usually check Monday mornings and was still D yesterday. Maybe I should start hitting up RAM Chat daily. Is that what everybody else does?

jlinsenbardt

Reaction score
Yes you can just check for a build sheet ... in fact I have a web-check monitor in place that checks for my build sheet and window sticker every 10 minutes. Once they post I'll be alerted.
Your build sheet shows up once production starts. That is after (could be long after) you go into D1 status and get a build date.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm still in D according to Ram Chat.
I'm still in D as well. My dealer mentioned that there may be an "issue" with my order, since I have the Rebel 12A package that was later discontinued. He's checking with his rep to see if moving it up to the Rebel 12 (at a $500 premium, which just adds the HK sound system) will get me into D1 status. I hope that does the trick, because I'm not liking the fact that there are a LOT of D1's in my VIN-neighborhood but mine isn't one of them.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
On a side note, my dealer says he has a couple of D1's now. Most are in the low range, but one is way up in the 151000 range (it's a TRX). I guess that provides additional confirmation that the TRX's are getting special preference.

Users who are viewing this thread