5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

firedfly

Reaction score
This feature is a must have for me, I can change the Trim, but I not wiling to give up this features. Anyone have more clear idea of what option we have for the 2022 in US?

Update dealer just confirmed: "Advanced Safety Group" is no longer available in any trim model for 2022.
The "Advanced Safety Group" package is not available. However, the features from the "Advanced Safety Group" package are still part of the Limited Level 1 package. If you want those features, you can switch to a Limited trim and get the Level 1 package. The Limited Level 1 package also includes the features that used to be part of the Technology Group.

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
Oh Maurice……I call him “mar” , because since we know each other, I can shorten his name…lol. That time frame of “soon” could be weeks…lol

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Mo Reece is how you would say it. So how did u get Mar. I hope he’s not offended 🤷🏽 Just a friendly heads up😀

PCHokie

Reaction score
I'm trying to build a Rebel 2022, but looks like RAM dropped the Advanced Safety Group
  • Adaptive Cruise Control w/Stop & Go
  • Automatic High-Beam Headlamp Control
  • Lane Departure Warning/Lane Keep Assist
  • Parallel & Perpendicular Park Assist
  • Pedestrian Emergency Braking
  • Surround View Camera System
  • Tailgate Ajar Warning Lamp
Dealer is not finding this option, looking at Canada 2022 builder, this option does not exist anymore for Revel. At Canada site I can see that Laramie and Limited still offer this group.

Based on this article:https://5thgenrams.com/ram-trucks-reduces-the-complexity-of-its-2022-ram-1500-lineup/
  • Protection Group (ADB) has been dropped for 2022.
    • Limited Level 1 Equipment Group now includes Heads-Up Display (HUD) and Digital Rear-View Mirror (DRVM).
    • Advanced Safety Group (ALP) is no longer available on the Limited.
That sound totally crazy, not offer Adaptive Cruise Control on a 70K vehicle this days is totally off.

This feature is a must have for me, I can change the Trim, but I not wiling to give up this features. Anyone have more clear idea of what option we have for the 2022 in US?

Update dealer just confirmed: "Advanced Safety Group" is no longer available in any trim model for 2022.

I'm thinking about not buying a 1500 this year anymore.
I'm guessing with chip shortage, they are only making it available to Limited Longhorn and up trims. Will be interested to see if they do same in US on the lower trims as well, if they ever update our site for 2022...

brenan00

Reaction score
Dude is serious about chekin on his truck!
It’s not going to do any good if he doesn’t have his vin in upper case. I was checking for my build sheet after knew it was built. It would give that no vin found message, then I put it in in caps then it came up. Crypto sticker will send you an email when it populates too.

jaws80

Reaction score
I am still in D status as of today. Dealer said since I order the Rebel 12a instead of the 12 it could be an issue but could not confirm this. They have heard it is a problem but will receive the truck you ordered even though package has been discontinued.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey, does anyone know if one can add the "Mopar trailer camera wiring w/no Camera" option can be added post-factory? Probably the one thing I truly regret not adding.

Donald22

Reaction score
What are the chances that the lower trim levels (Big Horn), without all the chip dependent packages, get pushed to D1 status or built anytime soon? Last of VIN are 112---.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What are the chances that the lower trim levels (Big Horn), without all the chip dependent packages, get pushed to D1 status or built anytime soon? Last of VIN are 112---.
I'm aware of 38 trucks that are in D1 status. Tell me what you see...

10th Ann Ltd 1
Bighorn 1
Laramie 4
Limited 5
Ltd Longhorn 1
Rebel 6
Sport 1
TRX 19

Fliphappy

Reaction score
I'm aware of 38 trucks that are in D1 status. Tell me what you see...

10th Ann Ltd 1
Bighorn 1
Laramie 4
Limited 5
Ltd Longhorn 1
Rebel 6
Sport 1
TRX 19
TRX makes sense as they are eye catching and the showpiece for RAM. Limiteds are the most profitable (I'm assuming) so those make an understandable second place. Everything else, with options making everything equal, then fill in the gaps. I would actually think the trucks with the fewest chip-related features/options would get lowest priority because they can be done any time, to fill in the production line when they run out of chips. No point in pushing those out first (from a production standpoint). Better to have those for when they're the only thing that can be built.

This sounds like a very snobbish post, and that's not the intended tone. Just speaking to my best guess at what would make sense.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
The "Advanced Safety Group" package is not available. However, the features from the "Advanced Safety Group" package are still part of the Limited Level 1 package. If you want those features, you can switch to a Limited trim and get the Level 1 package. The Limited Level 1 package also includes the features that used to be part of the Technology Group.
I'll second this motion. I confirmed with my dealer (who confirmed with his RAM area rep) that the ASG features on Limited Level one still included. It's just the Ala carte option removed. Basically you REALLY have to want it to get it.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
TRX makes sense as they are eye catching and the showpiece for RAM. Limiteds are the most profitable (I'm assuming) so those make an understandable second place. Everything else, with options making everything equal, then fill in the gaps. I would actually think the trucks with the fewest chip-related features/options would get lowest priority because they can be done any time, to fill in the production line when they run out of chips. No point in pushing those out first (from a production standpoint). Better to have those for when they're the only thing that can be built.

This sounds like a very snobbish post, and that's not the intended tone. Just speaking to my best guess at what would make sense.
Doesn't sound snobbish at all, it's a good take.

franky1397z

Reaction score
Is it confirmed or just assumed that higher trimmed trucks are going to get priority of production?
Or is it probably a combination of order date with trim?

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OK, for any and all of you out there that ordered the Trailer Tow Package and needed/wanted the TTPMS....if your POC has the version B (and even some that don't might be switched)....I received a communication directly from RAM that it IS a supplier issue that it's been temporarily removed from the truck. Supposedly it is both the wiring harness in the truck AND the instrument cluster that are lacking and they can't get the correct parts from the supplier at this time. It was made clear to me it will NOT be retrofittable later after-the-fact. I was advised to cancel my order and wait until it becomes available again and/or as soon as supply can be re-instated the feature will be added back to the trucks going down the line at that time.

It's very disappointing for me but I'm not in the position to cancel my order at this time as I've already turned my key fobs over for the 2020 and nursing the old Mercury Mariner along for the time being hoping it doesn't die on me until the new truck arrives.

I was told RAM is doing EVERYTHING they can do to keep the assembly lines running to full capacity and try to get trucks to all of us as well as dealers that are DESPERATE for inventory to sell and so subsequently some hard decisions are being made feature-wise (or lack thereof) to keep lines moving.

Just FYI for those of you that this matters to such as myself.....I guess I'll cross my fingers by the time mine is built they're able to source components again and/or that we find this is doable later with Alfa-OBD or something of that nature. (Or sub-harness, module, etc.)

😔what is the TTPMS?

Brodie350

Reaction score
I'm brand new here and behind on reading the old posts, like many of you, I'm waiting on my 2022 Laramie crew cab. I ordered in June and have only received a VIN and that I'm in D status. Is there any other way to track the order besides hitting up the dealer? I havent gotten any direct communication from RAM.

1C6SRFJT6NN112782.

Thanks.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just to make sure everyone knows, and I've said this before, take everything I'm showing you with a grain of salt. I have a lot of TRX data (from the TRX forum), so the quantity of TRX's in D1 is skewed by the data set.
And as an aside, I see a lot of "confirmation bias" on this forum. It's a fancy way of saying "wishful thinking". Try to let the data do the talking, while you (and I) do the learning.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm brand new here and behind on reading the old posts, like many of you, I'm waiting on my 2022 Laramie crew cab. I ordered in June and have only received a VIN and that I'm in D status. Is there any other way to track the order besides hitting up the dealer? I havent gotten any direct communication from RAM.

1C6SRFJT6NN112782.

Thanks.
Ordered 6/21? That's where your VIN falls anyways.

The only way of knowing your pre-build status is either your dealer, or using the live chat feature on the Ram Trucks website (aka Ram Chat). But their answers are cryptic and often straight-up false.

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
I was just told by my dealer that they don’t know when the start date for production begins. Chat told me the same exact thing

Users who are viewing this thread