5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

jlinsenbardt

Reaction score
I'm still in D as well. My dealer mentioned that there may be an "issue" with my order, since I have the Rebel 12A package that was later discontinued. He's checking with his rep to see if moving it up to the Rebel 12 (at a $500 premium, which just adds the HK sound system) will get me into D1 status. I hope that does the trick, because I'm not liking the fact that there are a LOT of D1's in my VIN-neighborhood but mine isn't one of them.
This is concerning because I ordered with the 12A option as well. I was assured back on 8/25 that my order was placed before that option was removed so it will have no effect on my order. I guess I should check again. Honestly the should just upgrade us to the HK system at no additional cost.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is concerning because I ordered with the 12A option as well. I was assured back on 8/25 that my order was placed before that option was removed so it will have no effect on my order. I guess I should check again. Honestly the should just upgrade us to the HK system at no additional cost.
While I don't want to pay extra for a stereo system I don't use, I'd rather cough up the $500 and get my truck. If the holdup is indeed due to the Rebel 12A issue, then I think it's crappy that they're just going to sit on the order (rather than get it worked out with the buyers and move forward).

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes you can just check for a build sheet ... in fact I have a web-check monitor in place that checks for my build sheet and window sticker every 10 minutes. Once they post I'll be alerted.
Your build sheet shows up once production starts. That is after (could be long after) you go into D1 status and get a build date.
Dude is serious about chekin on his truck!

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm still in D as well. My dealer mentioned that there may be an "issue" with my order, since I have the Rebel 12A package that was later discontinued. He's checking with his rep to see if moving it up to the Rebel 12 (at a $500 premium, which just adds the HK sound system) will get me into D1 status. I hope that does the trick, because I'm not liking the fact that there are a LOT of D1's in my VIN-neighborhood but mine isn't one of them.
Yeah, it stands to reason that you should be in D1 any day now. I am not expecting to be D1 any time soon, but I wouldn't be surprised if I was bumped up a little bit from the current predictions (once production starts) considering my trim and config. It seems like the VINs after mine that are reportedly D1 are trucks that are pretty much decked out including the pano sunroof - essentially the one thing I didn't order. Of course, I believe they are 6'4" beds too.

yez216

Reaction score
his is concerning because I ordered with the 12A option as well. I was assured back on 8/25 that my order was placed before that option was removed so it will have no effect on my order. I guess I should check again. Honestly the should just upgrade us to the HK system at no additional cost.
Interesting, when I ordered my truck, I couldn’t order the 12A, only the 12. Dealer said 12A wasn’t offered.

deanno33

Reaction score
Any Big Horn Backcountry Packages in D1 yet?

Not for me yet. My dealer checked on 9/1 and said he was going to check again 9/9...when he was told production was starting up again. Of course since 9/1 I think that has changed once more. I'll be following up with him tomorrow. My VIN is 121826

yez216

Reaction score
Per his signature he only ordered 11 days after you. Could have also been a difference in dealer knowledge

I ordered a couple of days after pricing was announced.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any Big Horn Backcountry Packages in D1 yet?
Not for me either. My order was in mid june.

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

Prex01

Reaction score
Not for me either. My order was in mid june.

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

Good ol’ Maurice told me I was essentially in D status today, but I would be entering production “very soon” lol. I think that guy may be a little to optimistic for customer service.

22 BH Night Edition Ram Boxes Billet Silver 12” Display 3.92’s

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good ol’ Maurice told me I was essentially in D status today, but I would be entering production “very soon” lol. I think that guy may be a little to optimistic for customer service.

Oh Maurice……I call him “mar” , because since we know each other, I can shorten his name…lol. That time frame of “soon” could be weeks…lol

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Hasti17

Reaction score

Oh Maurice……I call him “mar” , because since we know each other, I can shorten his name…lol. That time frame of “soon” could be weeks…lol

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Its all good, you'll see everything very soon. remember, for maurice its relative....
a couple months is really no time at all compared to the people who ordered a ford, and got a parking lot special (suppose its a fords natural state anyway)

skyshade

Reaction score
I'm trying to build a Rebel 2022, but looks like RAM dropped the Advanced Safety Group
  • Adaptive Cruise Control w/Stop & Go
  • Automatic High-Beam Headlamp Control
  • Lane Departure Warning/Lane Keep Assist
  • Parallel & Perpendicular Park Assist
  • Pedestrian Emergency Braking
  • Surround View Camera System
  • Tailgate Ajar Warning Lamp
Dealer is not finding this option, looking at Canada 2022 builder, this option does not exist anymore for Revel. At the Canada site I can see that Laramie and Limited still offer this group.

Based on this article:https://5thgenrams.com/ram-trucks-reduces-the-complexity-of-its-2022-ram-1500-lineup/
  • Protection Group (ADB) has been dropped for 2022.
    • Limited Level 1 Equipment Group now includes Heads-Up Display (HUD) and Digital Rear-View Mirror (DRVM).
    • Advanced Safety Group (ALP) is no longer available on the Limited.
That sounds totally crazy, not offering Adaptive Cruise Control on a 70K vehicle these days is totally off.

This feature is a must have for me, I can change the Trim, but I am not willing to give up this feature. Anyone have a more clear idea of what option we have for 2022 in the US?

Update dealer just confirmed: "Advanced Safety Group" is no longer available in any trim model for 2022.
I'm thinking about not buying a 1500 this year anymore.

Update 2: Another dealer confirmed and made a build with a Limited that includes this option. He told me that RAM dropped the Tech and Safety groups for limited and added its feature as part of Limited Level 1 Equipment Group in 2022. He also said that there is no PROTECTION GROUP for the Limited anymore.

Last edited:

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm trying to build a Rebel 2022, but looks like RAM dropped the Advanced Safety Group
Dealer is not finding this option, looking at Canada 2022 builder, this option does not exist anymore for Revel. At Canada site I can see that Laramie and Limited still offer this group.

Based on this article:https://5thgenrams.com/ram-trucks-reduces-the-complexity-of-its-2022-ram-1500-lineup/
    • Limited Level 1 Equipment Group now includes Heads-Up Display (HUD) and Digital Rear-View Mirror (DRVM).
That sound totally crazy, not offer Adaptive Cruise Control on a 70K vehicle this days is totally off.

This feature is a must have for me, I can change the Trim, but I not wiling to give up this features. Anyone have more clear idea of what option we have for the 2022 in US?

Update dealer just confirmed: "Advanced Safety Group" is no longer available in any trim model for 2022.

I *thought* that there was some redundancy with the Rebel like there is with the Limited, where you get the adapt cruise with either the Rebel Level 2, or the 12A (which I think is also not available now). I could be wrong.

On the Limited there is definitely redundancy, where you get adapt cruise with Level 1. The ASG was there for people that say, were getting the Night Edition and also wanted adapt cruise, but didn't want to pay the extra $1400 or so to go up to Level 1 for, at that point, basically just ventilated rear seats (since Night gives you the H&K speakers).

Shawn19

Reaction score
Dealer is not finding this option, looking at Canada 2022 builder, this option does not exist anymore for Revel. At Canada site I can see that Laramie and Limited still offer this group.

That sound totally crazy, not offer Adaptive Cruise Control on a 70K vehicle this days is totally off.

This feature is a must have for me, I can change the Trim, but I not wiling to give up this features. Anyone have more clear idea of what option we have for the 2022 in US?

So…they can have my start/stop especially if my order gets done quicker.

Users who are viewing this thread