5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Hasti17

Reaction score
Mine did to!
I think it is more of a level of effort Issue than anything else. They could do it if they contact the ram rep and get them to jump through a couple hoops, but i feel like most dealers dont want to make it a habit of making changes to already placed orders that cost them a good chunk of time and effort for very little upside
I haven’t heard of a dealer providing this (only modders). I wonder if it will eventually be possible to have dealers add it later, given all of the factory deletions. I doubt it, but still wondering.
I also thought about this. It would be cool that with all the deletions in terms of technology that they at least allow for some retrofit options for the 21's/22's build without it once supply regulates.

Hasti17

Reaction score
Sitting in dealer right now looking at a build on a 22 ED Reb. Can’t get GT / Advanced Safety / blind spot monitoring. Not available to even select ( but Adv Safety is available on the Wranglers and Gladiators???) not ordering until some stuff opens up and was told clearly it was likely 6 months for a delivery. And the same truck with less stuff is like 5k more now??? Keeping my 20 until it becomes one with Mother Earth again…..or something cool
Comes out. Lol.
GT package isnt available? Jeez they havent even started to produce that subtrim and its already pulled.

Chris3058

Reaction score
It was on the ordering screen but greyed out. We tried Hemi snd ED builds to see if it was an engine compatibility thing. Both greyed out ASP wasn’t even shown or listed or either.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
GT package isnt available? Jeez they havent even started to produce that subtrim and its already pulled.
@Chris3058 is in Canada. I wonder if they're restricting it for Canadian orders only, or for US orders as well. I only say this because of what they did with the 2021 Canadian orders - there's obviously something about building a truck for Canada that causes them problems.
Anyone stateside having an issue adding the GT package?

MojitoJLUR

Reaction score
It was on the ordering screen but greyed out. We tried Hemi snd ED builds to see if it was an engine compatibility thing. Both greyed out ASP wasn’t even shown or listed or either.
There are quite a bit of options that grey it out....must have the etorque selected, can't select night package, and there were others.

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
Checked with MD this morning re: firm orders with vins being amended by FCA deleting options. Sandi said none of their firm orders have been amended. Only new orders have items no longer available. my order (7/09/21) is unaffected at this time. I'm still in D status. She sent me status report and it says: 01, under that D-firm schedule: serial number is assigned.She said only their May orders have moved to D1. Told me to check back in 3-4 weeks for possible production status. As mentioned before, my build has Longhorn Level 1; ASG and tech. Group. Fingers crossed my order doesn't change.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
Checked with MD this morning re: firm orders with vins being amended by FCA deleting options. Sandi said none of their firm orders have been amended. Only new orders have items no longer available. my order (7/09/21) is unaffected at this time. I'm still in D status. She sent me status report and it says: 01, under that D-firm schedule: serial number is assigned.She said only their May orders have moved to D1. Told me to check back in 3-4 weeks for possible production status. As mentioned before, my build has Longhorn Level 1; ASG and tech. Group. Fingers crossed my order doesn't change.
While not a Mark Dodge order, I spoke with my dealer this morning and my order has been unaffected by any of the package issues that others have reported. My order went through on 7/22 and is for a Limited with Limited Level 1 and Tech packages (among others), and my order is still showing all options I selected, build priority 01, and D status (firm schedule: serial number is assigned).

I hope this means that confirmed, sold orders will not be modified and only new orders will be constrained, though it seems at least one person in this thread has reported their confirmed, sold order has been affected.

monkeypunch

Reaction score
Knew I should have just ordered in May without knowing pricing.....

dsbull

Reaction score
Sitting in dealer right now looking at a build on a 22 ED Reb. Can’t get GT / Advanced Safety / blind spot monitoring. Not available to even select ( but Adv Safety is available on the Wranglers and Gladiators???) not ordering until some stuff opens up and was told clearly it was likely 6 months for a delivery. And the same truck with less stuff is like 5k more now??? Keeping my 20 until it becomes one with Mother Earth again…..or something cool
Comes out. Lol.
hold on, just to clarify. they are not offering GT package anymore ?

Hasti17

Reaction score
hold on, just to clarify. they are not offering GT package anymore ?
Looks like in canada, not currently. we were hoping someone chimed in who ordered a G/T in the states to confirm if its impacted stateside

dsbull

Reaction score
Looks like in canada, not currently. we were hoping someone chimed in who ordered a G/T in the states to confirm if its impacted stateside
ive ordered on 7/31 and it was still avail.

GATORB8

Reaction score
Not available to even select ( but Adv Safety is available on the Wranglers and Gladiators???)
Gladiator plant is shut down for Microchips, so at least it's a little better than that.

Still frustrated my wife's 4xe will have ASG, but my truck won't.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
She said only their May orders have moved to D1.
Well, mine is a May order (5/20), and as of yesterday I was still in D status. Maybe I'll hear some good news soon (probably not). Mine is loaded to the gills with unobtanium parts.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
Well, mine is a May order (5/20), and as of yesterday I was still in D status. Maybe I'll hear some good news soon (probably not). Mine is loaded to the gills with unobtanium parts.
Is that similar to adamantium? If so, how did you order these parts... I want them on my truck, too! :ROFLMAO:

Just trying to add some levity to this otherwise anxious thread.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is that similar to adamantium? If so, how did you order these parts... I want them on my truck, too!

Just trying to add some levity to this otherwise anxious thread.
And that's why there is a shortage...lol. he kept all the good stuff for himself, and left us out to dead, or fight for addins.

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
And that's why there is a shortage...lol. he kept all the good stuff for himself, and left us out to dead, or fight for addins.

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)
This is all so frustrating. I sold my current truck and need a truck. If my order gets modified, I think I'll cancel and but an old used piece of sh== Maybe one of your traded Rams (lol). I'm 75 and would like to get my truck so I can use if for awhile ...... Sorry about venting.

GATORB8

Reaction score
This is all so frustrating. I sold my current truck and need a truck. If my order gets modified, I think I'll cancel and but an old used piece of sh== Maybe one of your traded Rams (lol). I'm 75 and would like to get my truck so I can use if for awhile ...... Sorry about venting.
It’s rough, my wife is carless after we sold her Benz last week, and we’ve been waiting on her Wrangler for over 2 months.

I wouldn’t buy used right now, those prices are insane!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
To put some peoples’ minds at ease, here’s a post from a Ram dealer on the TRX forum (some parts cut out of the entire post, so as to boil it down to the pertinent stuff):

We've received our first Ram TRX into D1 status! We only have 3 total 1500 Ram DT trucks that have been "gatelined for production" which receives the D1 status. Production starts on 8/25 for the Ram, so we should start to see more movement with a lot of customers' builds move to D1 over the next 30 days.

The Retail orders will take precedent over the stock orders, the biggest thing that will slow the production of your Ram will be parts availability, not dealer selection (i.e. If Ram runs our of Level 2 production and another dealer has a Level 1 stock order in the system, their stock order will be built before your retail order). If they have the parts available for your build. They will certainly build it and it will be built before another dealer's stock order.

Capacity - What will happen with my retail order?
In regards to total capacity. Ram prioritizes retail orders over stock orders. So lets say the month of September they can build 1,000 TRX trucks. If they have demand for 200 retail orders, not being restrained by commodities, they will build 200 and 800 stock orders with the remaining balance. If they have 500 retail orders and 500 stock orders, they will build all 500 retails (if the commodity is available) and 500 stock orders. They will do this in the order that they received them.

Tech Package and HK Audio - We've been informed that the HK and Tech package will be integrated into the level 2 equipment group for new Ram orders. They are still updating this in their system and the Level 2 Equipment group pricing will be updated accordingly. If you've already placed an order, there is no change and it will go through as-is. I believe Ram did this because there was such a high take rate on these two options they did a mid-year change to streamline the production process and make things simpler. That is just my best guess though.

RockJock

Reaction score
Something isn't right with my order. I can't prove it but I think my order was submitted this week and not in July when I ordered. I don't think Ram changed my order to delete the Technology Group. I think my dealer tried to submit the order after Ram took away the TG. I don't know why. Maybe they were already at their order limit for July? It's strange to not hear anything for 2 weeks then all of a sudden in August the TG isn't available.

Here's my evidence. My configuration preview (from 7-19) that my order is based off shows "status BA- pending order". My POC from this week shows the same status. If it was submitted on 7-19 and changed by Ram after that my POC should show BE or BGL, or something along those lines, if my research is right. Since my POC still shows pending order it makes me think they went to submit the order this week and realized the TG isn't available. Also, I don't even have a VON on the POC. A 7-19 submission should be well into D status by now judging by the rest of the orders on here. Also, it seems no one else has had any option deleted by Ram on a previously submitted order.

I could be way wrong, but this is where the clues led me.

My POC shows =Restriction on the bottom. Does that mean the TG is still on the order but it's not shown and may or may not be on the truck?

I've decided I don't want it if it doesn't have the TG.

Now, do I:
1- Stay quiet, wait for the window sticker to see if it has TG, and take it if it does.

2- Tell the dealer I want it only if it has TG and have them reorder when it's available again.

3- Find a different dealer and order when TG is available again.

Fliphappy

Reaction score
Something isn't right with my order. I can't prove it but I think my order was submitted this week and not in July when I ordered. I don't think Ram changed my order to delete the Technology Group. I think my dealer tried to submit the order after Ram took away the TG. I don't know why. Maybe they were already at their order limit for July? It's strange to not hear anything for 2 weeks then all of a sudden in August the TG isn't available.

Here's my evidence. My configuration preview (from 7-19) that my order is based off shows "status BA- pending order". My POC from this week shows the same status. If it was submitted on 7-19 and changed by Ram after that my POC should show BE or BGL, or something along those lines, if my research is right. Since my POC still shows pending order it makes me think they went to submit the order this week and realized the TG isn't available. Also, I don't even have a VON on the POC. A 7-19 submission should be well into D status by now judging by the rest of the orders on here. Also, it seems no one else has had any option deleted by Ram on a previously submitted order.

I could be way wrong, but this is where the clues led me.

My POC shows =Restriction on the bottom. Does that mean the TG is still on the order but it's not shown and may or may not be on the truck?

I've decided I don't want it if it doesn't have the TG.

Now, do I:
1- Stay quiet, wait for the window sticker to see if it has TG, and take it if it does.

2- Tell the dealer I want it only if it has TG and have them reorder when it's available again.

3- Find a different dealer and order when TG is available again.
I’d go option #2. Best to put them in notice early, especially if you have a non refundable deposit on the line. But you can try Ram Chat and ask them to confirm the date the order was received to our that issue to rest, one way or the other.

Users who are viewing this thread