5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Fliphappy

Reaction score
Something isn't right with my order. I can't prove it but I think my order was submitted this week and not in July when I ordered. I don't think Ram changed my order to delete the Technology Group. I think my dealer tried to submit the order after Ram took away the TG. I don't know why. Maybe they were already at their order limit for July? It's strange to not hear anything for 2 weeks then all of a sudden in August the TG isn't available.

Here's my evidence. My configuration preview (from 7-19) that my order is based off shows "status BA- pending order". My POC from this week shows the same status. If it was submitted on 7-19 and changed by Ram after that my POC should show BE or BGL, or something along those lines, if my research is right. Since my POC still shows pending order it makes me think they went to submit the order this week and realized the TG isn't available. Also, I don't even have a VON on the POC. A 7-19 submission should be well into D status by now judging by the rest of the orders on here. Also, it seems no one else has had any option deleted by Ram on a previously submitted order.

I could be way wrong, but this is where the clues led me.

My POC shows =Restriction on the bottom. Does that mean the TG is still on the order but it's not shown and may or may not be on the truck?

I've decided I don't want it if it doesn't have the TG.

Now, do I:
1- Stay quiet, wait for the window sticker to see if it has TG, and take it if it does.

2- Tell the dealer I want it only if it has TG and have them reorder when it's available again.

3- Find a different dealer and order when TG is available again.
I guess actually I’d go with option 2 + 3. If you can confirm the order was placed well after your appointment, then advise of your desire to cancel if it doesn’t come with the equipment you agreed on. And if it doesn’t have it, certainly don’t reorder with that same dealer (unless they’re willing to cut even more off the price as a make-good).

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Weekend schedule was posted on the FB page. Last week they canceled 2 shifts.
SmartSelect_20210804-191945_Facebook.jpg

monkeypunch

Reaction score
@Fliphappy I don't think Ram Chat can tell me anything without a VON or VIN. I don't have either :( I saw someone's POC from a year or 2 ago on here. The timestamp for "order placed" and "time printed" was the same time and there was a VON attached to it. Even my POC from Monday still doesn't have a VON.
Eh that's probably not good. A VON should have been generate as soon as the order was submitted.

Husker4theSpurs

Reaction score
So I tried to place an order with my dealer and he is showing "Technology Group" is not an option at this time. Is that what we're all hearing around here? They must be limiting that option? He tried telling me he thought it came with the Limited now, but I'm 99% certain he's wrong about that. Trying to build a fairly loaded Limited w/Night. He seems annoyed that I even believe it is an option package, but as we all know sometimes we know quite a bit more than the dealers know.

Fliphappy

Reaction score
@Fliphappy I don't think Ram Chat can tell me anything without a VON or VIN. I don't have either :( I saw someone's POC from a year or 2 ago on here. The timestamp for "order placed" and "time printed" was the same time and there was a VON attached to it. Even my POC from Monday still doesn't have a VON.
Ah, I’m sorry I misunderstood. Thought you had a VON. Yeah, it doesn’t look good - you should absolutely have that by now.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Something isn't right with my order. I can't prove it but I think my order was submitted this week and not in July when I ordered. I don't think Ram changed my order to delete the Technology Group. I think my dealer tried to submit the order after Ram took away the TG. I don't know why. Maybe they were already at their order limit for July? It's strange to not hear anything for 2 weeks then all of a sudden in August the TG isn't available.

Here's my evidence. My configuration preview (from 7-19) that my order is based off shows "status BA- pending order". My POC from this week shows the same status. If it was submitted on 7-19 and changed by Ram after that my POC should show BE or BGL, or something along those lines, if my research is right. Since my POC still shows pending order it makes me think they went to submit the order this week and realized the TG isn't available. Also, I don't even have a VON on the POC. A 7-19 submission should be well into D status by now judging by the rest of the orders on here. Also, it seems no one else has had any option deleted by Ram on a previously submitted order.

I could be way wrong, but this is where the clues led me.

My POC shows =Restriction on the bottom. Does that mean the TG is still on the order but it's not shown and may or may not be on the truck?

I've decided I don't want it if it doesn't have the TG.

Now, do I:
1- Stay quiet, wait for the window sticker to see if it has TG, and take it if it does.

2- Tell the dealer I want it only if it has TG and have them reorder when it's available again.

3- Find a different dealer and order when TG is available again.
#2....just wait man. If you have a copy of the printout of what you ordered, and hold them to that.

The hard part is that there has been no official word if specific features will be removed. However, parts delays have been consistent and very slow, which is why dealers aren't getting trucks.

My order originally placed 6/14, I wanted 8.4" screen and nav. Dealer told me they couldn't do it, on 6/23 so they upgraded it to 12". Not a big fan of the increase in price, but I can live with this upgrade.

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I guess it would be nice to know when Ram first started restricting the TG. Could be that your dealer is honestly trying to get your order in like you want it.
If your order is going to stay as restricted until they open it back up, then maybe you should just leave it as-is and see what happens.

4th RAM

Reaction score
I had a VON as soon as I paid my deposit, and I got the VIN 11 days later when I asked for it specifically.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess it would be nice to know when Ram first started restricting the TG. Could be that your dealer is honestly trying to get your order in like you want it.
If your order is going to stay as restricted until they open it back up, then maybe you should just leave it as-is and see what happens.
I think the first reports of it being unavailable was last Friday afternoon.

RockJock

Reaction score
From what I've read on here, TG is grayed out on the web page where the dealer orders the truck and it can't be selected. It was able to be selected when I placed my order. Here's a picture of my POC from this week. 20210804_195658.jpg

monkeypunch

Reaction score
From what I've read on here, TG is grayed out on the web page where the dealer orders the truck and it can't be selected. It was able to be selected when I placed my order. Here's a picture of my POC from this week. View attachment 101998
You should have a VON on there if the order was submitted. The POC I signed when I ordered even had a VON.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You should have a VON on there if the order was submitted. The POC I signed when I ordered even had a VON.
That looks more like a preconfigration order. I got something similar (status is BA meaning it hasn't been approved yet, and no von/vin assigned).

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

Fliphappy

Reaction score
That looks more like a preconfigration order. I got something similar (status is BA meaning it hasn't been approved yet, and no von/vin assigned).

Mine was status BA and had a VON. Ram Chat confirmed the VON and provided me my VIN the following day. Doesn’t seem to be any “it will be this way and it means this” at all. All cases seem different, with different combinations of status’ and VON and time-to-VIN.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine was status BA and had a VON. Ram Chat confirmed the VON and provided me my VIN the following day. Doesn’t seem to be any “it will be this way and it means this” at all. All cases seem different, with different combinations of status’ and VON and time-to-VIN.
Good chance that it can have a VON but no vin...because once it gets a VIN the order is in D status and approved.

Hasti17

Reaction score
To put some peoples’ minds at ease, here’s a post from a Ram dealer on the TRX forum (some parts cut out of the entire post, so as to boil it down to the pertinent stuff):

We've received our first Ram TRX into D1 status! We only have 3 total 1500 Ram DT trucks that have been "gatelined for production" which receives the D1 status. Production starts on 8/25 for the Ram, so we should start to see more movement with a lot of customers' builds move to D1 over the next 30 days.

The Retail orders will take precedent over the stock orders, the biggest thing that will slow the production of your Ram will be parts availability, not dealer selection (i.e. If Ram runs our of Level 2 production and another dealer has a Level 1 stock order in the system, their stock order will be built before your retail order). If they have the parts available for your build. They will certainly build it and it will be built before another dealer's stock order.

Capacity - What will happen with my retail order?
In regards to total capacity. Ram prioritizes retail orders over stock orders. So lets say the month of September they can build 1,000 TRX trucks. If they have demand for 200 retail orders, not being restrained by commodities, they will build 200 and 800 stock orders with the remaining balance. If they have 500 retail orders and 500 stock orders, they will build all 500 retails (if the commodity is available) and 500 stock orders. They will do this in the order that they received them.

Tech Package and HK Audio - We've been informed that the HK and Tech package will be integrated into the level 2 equipment group for new Ram orders. They are still updating this in their system and the Level 2 Equipment group pricing will be updated accordingly. If you've already placed an order, there is no change and it will go through as-is. I believe Ram did this because there was such a high take rate on these two options they did a mid-year change to streamline the production process and make things simpler. That is just my best guess though.
I wonder what the cutoff interval is for scheduling, so like in this example if your truck is ordered in the same month as a stock order it takes precedent, id imagine its more like weekly, so if there are 1000 retail and 5000 stock they are organized by what week the order was placed and prioritized that way

Fliphappy

Reaction score
Good chance that it can have a VON but no vin...because once it gets a VIN the order is in D status and approved.

It definitely has a VON before VIN. I was responding to your statement that it being in status BA means a VON haven’t been assigned yet. For me, I had both on my initial printout before I left the salesman’s desk. Suggesting that various combinations of status codes, VON availability, VIN issuance, etc. does not follow any one path. There is a lot of variance in the process with some dealers processing the order on the spot, while others seem to wait - in some cases weeks - to submit. All scenarios creating different combos of codes.

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
Tech Package and HK Audio - We've been informed that the HK and Tech package will be integrated into the level 2 equipment group for new Ram orders. They are still updating this in their system and the Level 2 Equipment group pricing will be updated accordingly. If you've already placed an order, there is no change and it will go through as-is. I believe Ram did this because there was such a high take rate on these two options they did a mid-year change to streamline the production process and make things simpler. That is just my best guess though.
I wonder if this is just for Longhorn and Limited, or if it will include Laramie and Rebel as well. Fingers crossed it includes Laramie because that's my ideal order. Waiting a bit to see how these things shake out, though.

Kingbama

Reaction score
So can someone confirm on a ‘22 Limited build if the ASG safety features included in the Limited Level 1 Equipment Group are available? Or is it just the separate ASG group add on that’s on hold? It would seem pointless to even offer the Level 1 group if none of the safety features are available.

Users who are viewing this thread