5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

4th RAM

Reaction score
Excellent point. I second this advice.
I experienced another dealer that was willing to deal on $500 refundable.

What is the point of a deposit if it is refundable? They should be refundable if the vehicle is changed, but otherwise, I'm guessing that the dealer wants us to have some skin in the game. It seems to me that the dealer is using their allocation to order your vehicle and they want to make sure you buy it. Or they want to make some money off of it if you walk away. That seems reasonable to me. I wonder who pays the cost and interest on the vehicle production, is it the dealer or the manufacturer?

In other threads, I've read that dealers are penalized if the purchaser walks away. I'm sure that is to keep dealers from falsifying customer orders so that their orders are marked 1 instead of 99.

dsbull

Reaction score
I figure most orders are out of town orders. I ordered from them and I was ok giving the 1k non refundable because the price was cheaper than any dealer around here. I got EP at my local dealer but they gave me below that. I got a refund from the dealer already and I was a month into the order before cancellation
Second that.

ny2az

Reaction score
I know a lot of people here rave about Mark Dodge, but I'd run from any dealership that made me put down a non-refundable deposit. My dealer, who is located only an hour or two from Mark Dodge, made me put down a fully refundable $500 deposit, and I was given pricing well below invoice. So, be careful with what you were told; it seems way outside the norm.
if you dont mind ... curious as to what dealer you went with that gave a good price below invoice... thx

RAINCO

Reaction score
I just called MD today to see what they could offer based on some posts that I have seen. I talked to a salesman named “Billy.”

Dude would only give me his yahoo email. I asked him four times for his FCA or dealership work email and he would not give it. Acted like he didn’t understand the question and then gave me the website as his email. No one is that dumb. It’s intentional.

I had a service rep at another dealership offer to communicate via text on his cell phone. Dealerships don’t give the service advisor cell phone so it was his personal cell phone. He told me their “email system was down.” That may be true sometimes, but it’s not true all of the time. And even if it’s true you still need to follow up with an email on the corporate server after it’s functional.

I know many of you know this, but on the notion that some may not:

I would urge you to be cautious when a salesman or service rep does this. While some of them may be trying to be more responsive via text (I realize this), some are intentionally circumventing the compliance and accountability that corporate email servers offer.

I realize that some customers prefer text, but just remember that’s a private server and you will not be able to reference that communication in the event you have a material discrepancy down the road. The same is true with personal email servers.

“what difference does it make,” some people ask?

That is especially important when it comes to service in any event you ever have to substantiate a lemon law.

My experience with a dealership was that they were trying to communicate with me on private channels. I realized later all they were running me around long enough to get me out of warranty.
I insisted that all of my notes be notated in the invoice and I took pictures of the dealer copies to make sure they matched the copies I was given.
NOTE: They did not give me carbon copies or photocopy of what I signed. They gave me separateLy generates pieces of paper.

Use corporate email addresses. And if they are not willing to do that or do not respond in a timely fashion then walk their a** and buy from someone else. It takes four minutes to sync your corporate email to your phone and configure it for push notifications, and push notifications are almost as timely as text messages.

I realize that some may consider this comment a bit much, and not every dealer is like this. But when I started watching for this behavior and asking people to communicate on the work email servers it was amazing how evasive some became.

After a very bad experience with a non-RAM dealer I have determined that you receive the level of service that you tolerate.

I’m not saying to be rude, disrespectful, or unpleasant. Everyone deserves decency and respect. But I am encouraging you to protect yourself; especially when they start requiring higher, non-refundable deposits, as was referenced in the comment to which I am replying.
UPDATE:

I just received a PM from Aaron from MD. Apparently one of the forum members brought my post to his attention and he immediately addressed it. That deserves a legit hat tip in my opinion it is to be applauded.

This however validates the very point I’m making, and is a perfect example of what I’m talking about. Somewhere up the chain of command there are people who have enough interest in a brand to deliver accountable service.

Unfortunately that’s not always present on the front lines. The issue with the salesman is management’s domain, but most of the time they don’t even know unless it’s brought to their attention.

This is a challenging environment and no team is perfect, but that does not mean you shouldn’t expect and pursue perfection.

What’s particularly interesting to me is that someone on this forum reached out to MD about my comment. That clearly substantiates the fact that this dealership is doing right by people.
There is no better example of that than a customer willing to defend a business at which they don’t even work!

There’s not a single business that doesn’t have weak points. But those should be vigorously addressed by consumers and management alike.

Based on the particular experience, And Aaron’s response in particular,I would actually be inclined to deal with MD, despite not having that inclination about two hours ago.

It’s not about what happens as much is how you respond, and I have to applaud this dealership for addressing this issue.

Last edited:

ZackHasWon

Reaction score
UPDATE:

I just received a PM from Aaron from MD. Apparently one of the forum members brought my post to his attention and he immediately addressed it. That deserves a legit hat tip in my opinion it is to be applauded.

This however validates the very point I’m making, and is a perfect example of what I’m talking about. Somewhere up the chain of command there are people who have enough interest in a brand to deliver accountable service.

Unfortunately that’s not always present on the front lines. The issue with the salesman is management’s domain, but most of the time they don’t even know unless it’s brought to their attention.

This is a challenging environment and no team is perfect, but that does not mean you shouldn’t expect and pursue perfection.

What’s particularly interesting to me is that someone on this forum reached out to MD about my comment. That clearly substantiates the fact that this dealership is doing right by people.
There is no better example of that than a customer willing to defend a business they don’t even work!

There’s not a single business that doesn’t have weak points. But those should be vigorously addressed by consumers and management alike.

Based on the particular experience, And Aaron’s response in particular,I would actually be inclined to deal with MD, despite not having that inclination about two hours ago.

It’s not about what happens as much is how you respond, and I have to applaud this dealership for addressing this issue.

He also responded to me, he said that the $2000 deposit is on TRX models and should be $1000 on everything else. I am ordering a Big horn so I believe it was a misunderstanding. My salesman did seem like he didn’t have to much experience yet with special ordering a vehicle. I am glad he responded though and cleared that up because it does make a difference when ordering, I definitely don’t plan on canceling but I always think of worst case scenario lol. I don’t mind having “skin in the game” but $2000 is a lot to lose when I may have to wait until November or December for my order to come in. And unfortunately I don’t have that TRX money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAINCO

Reaction score
He also responded to me, he said that the $2000 deposit is on TRX models and should be $1000 on everything else. I am ordering a Big horn so I believe it was a misunderstanding. My salesman did seem like he didn’t have to much experience yet with special ordering a vehicle. I am glad he responded though and cleared that up because it does make a difference when ordering, I definitely don’t plan on canceling but I always think of worst case scenario lol. I don’t mind having “skin in the game” but $2000 is a lot to lose when I may have to wait until November or December for my order to come in. And unfortunately I don’t have that TRX money

Your not the only one bud. The prices those are fetching are mind-blowing.

Though it would be harder in this environment, you can buy a house for that!

Last edited:

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
MD has been a pleasure to work with so far. My deposit was $1000 and Sandi was clear that it's nonrefundable. I can understand where the miscommunication comes from. No one is perfect and I doubt any dealership has a completely 100% satisfactory rate but they really seem to be doing something right.

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
Daily update for the new additions (@dsbull, @chexp77w, @Prex01, @GNight22, @Wlgtv). I turned @RDSnj2021 purple to mark that his order was modified. If anyone else's order was modified AFTER a VIN was assigned, let me know.

View attachment 101808
Eighty: just going back thru some posts....Delete the purple on mine. My order was not modified after submitted thru Mark. REmains as ordered. I was thinking of modifying to include 22'' tires but decided to leave as is. Sorry about the extra work!

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
I just called MD today to see what they could offer based on some posts that I have seen. I talked to a salesman named “Billy.”

Dude would only give me his yahoo email. I asked him four times for his FCA or dealership work email and he would not give it. Acted like he didn’t understand the question and then gave me the website as his email. No one is that dumb. It’s intentional.

I had a service rep at another dealership offer to communicate via text on his cell phone. Dealerships don’t give the service advisor cell phone so it was his personal cell phone. He told me their “email system was down.” That may be true sometimes, but it’s not true all of the time. And even if it’s true you still need to follow up with an email on the corporate server after it’s functional.

I know many of you know this, but on the notion that some may not:

I would urge you to be cautious when a salesman or service rep does this. While some of them may be trying to be more responsive via text (I realize this), some are intentionally circumventing the compliance and accountability that corporate email servers offer.

I realize that some customers prefer text, but just remember that’s a private server and you will not be able to reference that communication in the event you have a material discrepancy down the road. The same is true with personal email servers.

“what difference does it make,” some people ask?

That is especially important when it comes to service in any event you ever have to substantiate a lemon law.

My experience with a dealership was that they were trying to communicate with me on private channels. I realized later all they were running me around long enough to get me out of warranty.
I insisted that all of my notes be notated in the invoice and I took pictures of the dealer copies to make sure they matched the copies I was given.
NOTE: They did not give me carbon copies or photocopy of what I signed. They gave me separateLy generates pieces of paper.

Use corporate email addresses. And if they are not willing to do that or do not respond in a timely fashion then walk their a** and buy from someone else. It takes four minutes to sync your corporate email to your phone and configure it for push notifications, and push notifications are almost as timely as text messages.

I realize that some may consider this comment a bit much, and not every dealer is like this. But when I started watching for this behavior and asking people to communicate on the work email servers it was amazing how evasive some became.

After a very bad experience with a non-RAM dealer I have determined that you receive the level of service that you tolerate.

I’m not saying to be rude, disrespectful, or unpleasant. Everyone deserves decency and respect. But I am encouraging you to protect yourself; especially when they start requiring higher, non-refundable deposits, as was referenced in the comment to which I am replying.
Found this VERY helpful. Thanks for taking time to write it up. I'm a lawyer and frankly never reflected on the nuances between fca dealer network and private. No laughs here but I tend to trust people until burned. Before ordering from Mark, I went to my local dealership (bought my 2018 gmc from their network which I sold over memorial day and have no truck! They also were dealing via private text. Never went far-they had poor inventory and ended up with Mark from this forum. Anyhow, your comments make sense.

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
I have been talking with mark dodge and they told me that the deposit was a nonrefundable $2000. Is that what everyone else has been doing for a deposit? Seems kinda steep but I guess I’m just nervous because if I order now it probably won’t come in until November or December and a lot can happen between now and then.

You should have received a "terms and conditions" page with your "build" and Sales Contract with Mark Dodge logo at top. You sign off on these at time of purchase and payment of dep.The T and C attachment describes in para. 2&3 conditions under which deposit is refundable. Essentially, if cash price is changed by manf. before delivery, Mark reserves the right to increase our price. If they do, you can cancel and get a refund of dep.Para. 3 speaks to trades and if trade is reappraised at time of delivery of new truck and you are dissatisfied, you can cancel. Read this page for exact terms. While I don't see an express contract provision about deposit being non-refundable, I figure mine is except for above. I also don't know if LA law affects dealer deposits. Other than T and C page, I would assume your deposit is non-refundable if you simply cancel other than for the reasons above. Disclaimer: this is not legal advice but solely my personal opinion. My deposit was 1000.00.

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
That's my point, though. There are plenty of dealers out there that are willing to "offer" a refundable deposit such that going with a dealer who insists it is nonrefundable doesn't make a whole lot of sense. This is especially true right now when, if someone were to back out of buying the truck upon delivery, the dealer would almost assuredly be able to sell the truck for more money than it would have to the person who ordered the truck.

I've never had any interactions with Mark Dodge so I don't want it to sound like I'm picking on them, but from what I've read recently they have offered different deposit amounts to different people and have claimed the deposits are nonrefundable. Those two issues, for me, are non-starters and I'd go somewhere else. A dealer should have a standard deposit amount and should be clear that it is refundable. Just my $0.02.
My experience with Mark has been first class. started with Sandi late June and finalized build/order on 7/10.took time as I was working on Laramie trim and switched to Limited Longhorn. Paid deposit. Never said non-refundable. Emails always returned promptly, usually within hours. I honestly have nothing but good things to say about them. Then there is their price...fantastic.

RDSnj2021

Reaction score

There you go. saw these most recent posts after my post about Mark. makes sense on the 2k deposit for trxs.Glad to hear Aaron got on top of this right away. By the way, there is a member here who guided me to Mark and took delivery of his truck in May/June and my recollection is he was totally happy with them.

Chris3058

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sitting in dealer right now looking at a build on a 22 ED Reb. Can’t get GT / Advanced Safety / blind spot monitoring. Not available to even select ( but Adv Safety is available on the Wranglers and Gladiators???) not ordering until some stuff opens up and was told clearly it was likely 6 months for a delivery. And the same truck with less stuff is like 5k more now??? Keeping my 20 until it becomes one with Mother Earth again…..or something cool
Comes out. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/