5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Fliphappy

Reaction score
So can someone confirm on a ‘22 Limited build if the ASG safety features included in the Limited Level 1 Equipment Group are available? Or is it just the separate ASG group add on that’s on hold? It would seem pointless to even offer the Level 1 group if none of the safety features are available.
Agree. But my hunch is that it's largely intended to streamline the options and aim people towards the Level 1 group as it is (as pointed out) basically just the ASG on steroids.

MrMcGibblets

Reaction score
Looks like in canada, not currently. we were hoping someone chimed in who ordered a G/T in the states to confirm if its impacted stateside
Ordered 7/23 through MD and got the G/T package. I have not been informed of any changes to my order.

RockJock

Reaction score
I wonder if this is just for Longhorn and Limited, or if it will include Laramie and Rebel as well. Fingers crossed it includes Laramie because that's my ideal order. Waiting a bit to see how these things shake out, though.
I thought they were only adding HK and technology group to level 2 TRX orders? @Eighty ?

MojitoJLUR

Reaction score
Tech Package and HK Audio - We've been informed that the HK and Tech package will be integrated into the level 2 equipment group for new Ram orders. They are still updating this in their system and the Level 2 Equipment group pricing will be updated accordingly. If you've already placed an order, there is no change and it will go through as-is. I believe Ram did this because there was such a high take rate on these two options they did a mid-year change to streamline the production process and make things simpler. That is just my best guess though.

Am I interpreting this correctly? They will take the cost of the HK and Tech package and add it to the level 2 group? Then you either need to decide if you want that more expensive package or drop the level 2 completely? We ordered level 2 and Rebel 12 package, but I didn't want the tech package.

dsbull

Reaction score
Am I interpreting this correctly? They will take the cost of the HK and Tech package and add it to the level 2 group? Then you either need to decide if you want that more expensive package or drop the level 2 completely? We ordered level 2 and Rebel 12 package, but I didn't want the tech package.
if you already got the package, does it really matter if it will include the tech package ?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I thought they were only adding HK and technology group to level 2 TRX orders? @Eighty ?
I don't know the answers to any of the questions y'all are asking - I was just passing along some juicy information that I saw. Right now, it looks like only a dealer can answer these questions.

Vakali72

Reaction score
Hello all, lurker here. I ordered a Rebel in July with a Quad Cab as that will fit in my garage where as the Crew cab may not. Will they not honor my order as I already have a VIN? Also I prefer the look of the Quad Cab over the Crew Cab. VIN is 121277 if you would like to add it to the tracker Eighty.

Thanks.

Vakali72

Reaction score
Also at the time of order I was not allowed to order the tech group or air bags with the Quad, it was only available on Crew Cab.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all, lurker here. I ordered a Rebel in July with a Quad Cab as that will fit in my garage where as the Crew cab may not. Will they not honor my order as I already have a VIN? Also I prefer the look of the Quad Cab over the Crew Cab. VIN is 121277 if you would like to add it to the tracker Eighty.

Thanks.
Can you provide your order date?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting. A lot of this makes sense for complexity sake, but still leaves some questions unanswered on ASG and Technology Group for both Rebel and Laramie. I guess we'll see how trucks are delivered to know for sure.
I am reading this to mean, "we aren't touching existing sold orders (just stock orders)". From everything I've seen and heard, if you have a VIN then your order won't be modified. They're just messing with unconfirmed and upcoming orders.

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
I am reading this to mean, "we aren't touching existing sold orders (just stock orders)". From everything I've seen and heard, if you have a VIN then your order won't be modified. They're just messing with unconfirmed and upcoming orders.
Well I don't have an order in just yet. I'll probably time it for a Spring delivery so there's one less winter on the undercarriage. But I've been watching these threads because I'd really like ASG on a Laramie if that is a possibility. If not, I can live without ASG. It can't currently be ordered on the Laramie as confirmed by Sandi at MD. But hey, anything can happen.

Montag84

Reaction score
There are quite a bit of options that grey it out....must have the etorque selected, can't select night package, and there were others.

hold on, just to clarify. they are not offering GT package anymore ?

ive ordered on 7/31 and it was still avail.
I am in US and I ordered it on a Laramie, Off Road Package and Protection Group were not available to be added in conjunction with the GT package. The Protection Group may have been subsumed by the Off Road Package going forward, but that's me just speculating.

jlinsenbardt

Reaction score
To put some peoples’ minds at ease, here’s a post from a Ram dealer on the TRX forum (some parts cut out of the entire post, so as to boil it down to the pertinent stuff):

We've received our first Ram TRX into D1 status! We only have 3 total 1500 Ram DT trucks that have been "gatelined for production" which receives the D1 status. Production starts on 8/25 for the Ram, so we should start to see more movement with a lot of customers' builds move to D1 over the next 30 days.

The Retail orders will take precedent over the stock orders, the biggest thing that will slow the production of your Ram will be parts availability, not dealer selection (i.e. If Ram runs our of Level 2 production and another dealer has a Level 1 stock order in the system, their stock order will be built before your retail order). If they have the parts available for your build. They will certainly build it and it will be built before another dealer's stock order.

Capacity - What will happen with my retail order?
In regards to total capacity. Ram prioritizes retail orders over stock orders. So lets say the month of September they can build 1,000 TRX trucks. If they have demand for 200 retail orders, not being restrained by commodities, they will build 200 and 800 stock orders with the remaining balance. If they have 500 retail orders and 500 stock orders, they will build all 500 retails (if the commodity is available) and 500 stock orders. They will do this in the order that they received them.

Tech Package and HK Audio - We've been informed that the HK and Tech package will be integrated into the level 2 equipment group for new Ram orders. They are still updating this in their system and the Level 2 Equipment group pricing will be updated accordingly. If you've already placed an order, there is no change and it will go through as-is. I believe Ram did this because there was such a high take rate on these two options they did a mid-year change to streamline the production process and make things simpler. That is just my best guess though.
Eighty,

I know you're only passing on information but the start date in this can't be right. My dealer told me on Monday that "some of the 2022 orders have estimated production dates the 2nd week of Aug." Obviously her statement said "estimated" but hard to know who even knows what they're talking about anymore. Can they just start building already?!?!!? HAH!!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Eighty,

I know you're only passing on information but the start date in this can't be right. My dealer told me on Monday that "some of the 2022 orders have estimated production dates the 2nd week of Aug." Obviously her statement said "estimated" but hard to know who even knows what they're talking about anymore. Can they just start building already?!?!!? HAH!!
It's true that some 2022 orders are starting the 2nd week of August (8/9). But those are DJ's (2500's), not DT's (1500's).

jlinsenbardt

Reaction score
It's true that some 2022 orders are starting the 2nd week of August (8/9). But those are DJ's (2500's), not DT's (1500's).
Ahhhhhh ok. Think I saw that mentioned before but maybe I flushed it out not wanting to believe :p

monkeypunch

Reaction score
If the price on the Limited Level 1 stayed the same and added the HUD and rear view, I would have gotten it. Too late now lol.

Users who are viewing this thread