5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Software and Map Update

Ilya23

Reaction score
That's for 39.9 radio software on uconnect 4 12incher.

I have the same Uconnect and 12 inch display. Do you have files to share or you did through subscribing to the radio?

Runagun

Reaction score
I have the same Uconnect and 12 inch display. Do you have files to share or you did through subscribing to the radio?
There are links that u download. Click the 39.9 link and download the file. Read directions on how to upgrade ur radio.

Synergy26

Reaction score
Is there a way to downgrade or go back to my previous software version? I wonder if updating made the active parksense not work.

I2R

Reaction score
Updating now. SOS and vehicle heat have never worked. Dealer says its Sirius, Sirius says its the dealer...Ugh

Runagun

Reaction score
Updating now. SOS and vehicle heat have never worked. Dealer says its Sirius, Sirius says its the dealer...Ugh
It's always easy to blame someone else. Then to truly diagnose and fix issue. That's why forums like this are a awesome resource. Glad you got it fixed.

Billy2j

Reaction score
Aug 2022 update: I just received a notification of a map update (no software updates included) for $99.00 Does the S18PL20-E0021-3013 map update fix the problems created by the 2021 map update. The voice on screen search icon no longer functions, SOS and Assist not working after the 2021 update?

Last edited:

DennisY

Reaction score
Aug 2022 update: I just received a notification of a map update (no software updates included) for $99.00 Does the S18PL20-E0021-3013 map update fix the problems created by the 2021 map update. The voice on screen search icon no longer functions, SOS and Assist not working after the 2021 update?

Interesting that it is a 2021 map update (the one you received a notification about) and not a 2022 update. Not sure when the 2022 would come out? That said, I did a search on their site for my own vehicle and it came up with this same update. BUT a popup came up and said not to install it if you are a subscriber to Sirius Guardian as an issue exists (see below). I'm not a Guardian subscriber but think I will hold off until the next update. Sounds like you ARE a Guardian subscriber. If you already did a 2021 map update, it may have been this one and may be what is causing your problems. The pop says the next update will be out in September or October.

1660002496677.png

Billy2j

Reaction score
Interesting that it is a 2021 map update (the one you received a notification about) and not a 2022 update. Not sure when the 2022 would come out? That said, I did a search on their site for my own vehicle and it came up with this same update. BUT a popup came up and said not to install it if you are a subscriber to Sirius Guardian as an issue exists (see below). I'm not a Guardian subscriber but think I will hold off until the next update. Sounds like you ARE a Guardian subscriber. If you already did a 2021 map update, it may have been this one and may be what is causing your problems. The pop says the next update will be out in September or October.

View attachment 136461
Yes it was the 2021 update that I did install that caused all my problems. It was the 2022 update that I just received the notice for. I too believe I will wait till a fix is announced for the problems created by the 2021 update before I do any more updates...

DennisY

Reaction score
When I Google S18PL20-E0021-3013 it comes up as the 2021 update, not 2022. I'm reading your post as you received a notice for S18PL20-E0021-3013. Maybe I am confused? Either way, seems to be best if we wait for the next update in September or October.

I've so far not been inclined to do a map update but just last weekend while traveling to my son's new house in California City, I discovered that a highway had become a freeway and moved north a few hundred yards. NAV was telling me to turn left one intersection too early and I almost did except that I could see the freeway signs up ahead. Once we were on the freeway, NAV showed me as "4-wheeling off road" (my words, not its). About ten miles down the freeway, the old highway "joined" the new freeway and NAV was good again. My son later told me that yes, that new freeway section is about two years old. Not that that one incident would prompt me to update but...

But I might just for the heck-of-it come Sept or Oct when the new release comes out. I probably should wait another month or two just to confirm that THAT update doesn't cause users some issues.

Ratedr2007

Reaction score
I have been following this for awhile and finally today my issue has been resolved… after doing the map update and the 39.7 update I lost all connected services on my 2019 ram with 12”.. I downloaded and installed the 39.9 update as this forum provided still no fix.. after battling on the phone with Xm guardian customer service for weeks I was driving it home from work today and noticed near the bottom it was showing some small words near bottom left(went by too fast for me to catch it) then received an email stating truck services were restored, now everything is working perfectly with my updated maps… so seems problem is on xm end and guessing now they have a fix.. hopefully this helps someone

Cueva del Osos

Reaction score
I just ordered the map/nav update ($99 'special' thru 8/31) for my 2019 1500 Ltd. Even if it's a 2021 map update, the nav loaded on the 2019's was actually a 2017 product, so it's still a 4 year leap in map details. Fingers crossed that it doesn't blow out anything else!

Synergy26

Reaction score
Why can't someone load this to a Google drive account and ask for donations? Lol

TBK

Reaction score
Okay, I should have checked this thread before I did anything, and now I'm a bit turned around reading all the replies.

I purchased the map update even though I have Guardian because it was on sale for my 2019 RAM with the 8.4 screen because I didn't see this thread first. It came with an upgrade to 39.7 (D18PK95-D0397-3001) for the software which was successful, and then I ran the map update (D18PK20-E0021-2671) and it originally failed. But I did a soft reset by opening and closing the doors counter clockwise, and then it ran the update again and seemed to be successful. I got a message that the map was updated.

However, when I go to the dealer mode it says my map is PROD_2018.03.07_MY18_CW09_LUNA_CONTENT_NA | Content_NA_HM_20Q4 - is that the latest expected version? Also, when I go into the map settings in the Navigation section, I see the version is 9.35.2.241410 and the current map database is Content_NA_HM_20Q4. Does that mean I'm successfully up to date? I assume the 2018 in the map version is for my model year (even though it's a 2019) and the content says it's the map from Q4 of 2020. I haven't done a previous map update.

Also, what issues would I expect with the SiriusXM Guardian service now that I have installed this update? Did I hose myself?

I need offline maps and not Google/Apple maps because I'm often in locations here in Colorado or Utah that have zero data/cell service. Was just in a situation where I needed to route to GPS points last week and I was well outside of coverage range in a canyon.

Sorry for the questions, but this whole process was a bit more complicated than I expected...

stronbl

Reaction score
Okay, I should have checked this thread before I did anything, and now I'm a bit turned around reading all the replies.

I purchased the map update even though I have Guardian because it was on sale for my 2019 RAM with the 8.4 screen because I didn't see this thread first. It came with an upgrade to 39.7 (D18PK95-D0397-3001) for the software which was successful, and then I ran the map update (D18PK20-E0021-2671) and it originally failed. But I did a soft reset by opening and closing the doors counter clockwise, and then it ran the update again and seemed to be successful. I got a message that the map was updated.

However, when I go to the dealer mode it says my map is PROD_2018.03.07_MY18_CW09_LUNA_CONTENT_NA | Content_NA_HM_20Q4 - is that the latest expected version? Also, when I go into the map settings in the Navigation section, I see the version is 9.35.2.241410 and the current map database is Content_NA_HM_20Q4. Does that mean I'm successfully up to date? I assume the 2018 in the map version is for my model year (even though it's a 2019) and the content says it's the map from Q4 of 2020. I haven't done a previous map update.

Also, what issues would I expect with the SiriusXM Guardian service now that I have installed this update? Did I hose myself?

I need offline maps and not Google/Apple maps because I'm often in locations here in Colorado or Utah that have zero data/cell service. Was just in a situation where I needed to route to GPS points last week and I was well outside of coverage range in a canyon.

Sorry for the questions, but this whole process was a bit more complicated than I expected...
Can't help with the version numbers but with SXM Guardian, try these 2 quick tests. They work with 12 in screen system but not sure about the 8.4 in screen. Here goes ...
Test 1 - test emergency services
1. Turn off your cell phone so the truck does not see it and won't use it to make a call.
2. Press the red SOS button on the top console. If you get connected to SXM Guardian then just tell them you are testing the system after an update. They will confirm a few things for you and you should be ok with the emergency services part.

If you do not connect, try it again with you cell phone turned on and letting the truck use you mobile system. If you connect then tell them you are testing and ask them to send a reset signal. That sometimes helps so the truck telematics work again. If you still do not connect, then you are hosed with SXM Guardian emergency services and you will need to either have your dealer work with Uconnect or you can call Uconnect at try to get them to start a case (that is what I did and it took a long time, but eventually got everything back to normal).

Test 2 - to see if your enhanced map offline database is working (assuming you have subscribed to this added service from SXM Guardian).
1. press "Search" from your main nav screen.
2. If you have a microphone icon, press it next. If it is working you should get a verbal message asking you to say a destination or point of interest. Tell it something and see if it finds it.

If nothing happens then the advanced search functions are not (no longer?) working. Go to your dealer or call Uconnect.

Good luck. It's a real pain to get it fixed but eventually you will get back you where you once were and have an updated system.

Users who are viewing this thread