5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Software and Map Update

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
lol , this site always states YOUR VEHICLE UPDATED , 🤣😂😅
That’s actually the map updates site, but it’s a round about way to see if you can get the correct software update for your radio that would be provided with the map update.

moabbikr

Reaction score
Not having any luck with the update..

I'm currently at 33.33, according to the instructions that theRamguy included in this thread I would need to first update to 34.2 and then to 39.9.

When I try to load 34.2 it gets to 19% and errors out stating error 20? I've tried 3 different usb drives, I created the usb using both a Mac and a windows machine and get the same error every time.

What am I doing wrong?
Update for the record:

I went ahead and purchased the 2022 map updates which includes a usb drive to update the Uconnect software. I received it yesterday and got the same result trying to update. Freezes at 19% and then errors out with error code 20.

Also, I'm current on version 33.3 and according to all the posts I've read I should first need to update to 34.2 but they only sent me one drive with 39.9 on it. As I'm sure everyone is aware you have to enter your version number when when ordering the map update so is it odd that they only sent me the one drive? Either way it looks like a trip to the dealership, which will likely result in an expensive replacement, just not sure it's worth it at this point. Is there anything I can do with Alfaobd to force the update?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Update for the record:

I went ahead and purchased the 2022 map updates which includes a usb drive to update the Uconnect software. I received it yesterday and got the same result trying to update. Freezes at 19% and then errors out with error code 20.

Also, I'm current on version 33.3 and according to all the posts I've read I should first need to update to 34.2 but they only sent me one drive with 39.9 on it. As I'm sure everyone is aware you have to enter your version number when when ordering the map update so is it odd that they only sent me the one drive? Either way it looks like a trip to the dealership, which will likely result in an expensive replacement, just not sure it's worth it at this point. Is there anything I can do with Alfaobd to force the update?
Here’s 34.2 you can update to. Then you’ll be able to do 39.9.

Gorse

Reaction score
Any idea where to get it ??
Hi Mate, did you get the CAD update in the end? im also after it....if you can help? Would like to add the Performance Pages to a MY21 Limited

Last edited:

copekyle

Reaction score
Does anyone have the map update file for PR39.7? It would be nice to update my map from the 2018 version (2019 truck) but there's no way it's worth paying for. Looking to see if anyone has seen the update file floating around the gdrives?

e55amg2

Reaction score
I updated from 39.7 to 40.1 without issues.

As for the ATT hotspot, I got an email saying mine was cancelled yesterday. Trying to log into the ATT myvehicle portal, it now shows hotspot is no longer available. Yay. I also noticed in the past, the hotspot would connect without internet if you left it on while shutting the truck off. If you cycle it on then off, shut the ignition off again, then lock unlock and re-start....the hotspot would work again. So long as you remember to turn the hotspot off before you shut the ignition off, it worked 100% of the time....otherwise it needed the procedure I described before. Not that it matters anymore....

Billy2j

Reaction score
Well it took 2 years, but the problem has been fixed in the on air update Nov. 24, 2023. My onscreen mic in the search function of the Navigation system is active once again....

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can anyone help with update 34?
Read about it here.

BlkLimited22s

Reaction score
Read about it here.
The file is gone for 34 which is why I am asking.

Users who are viewing this thread