5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Software and Map Update

Jeremyko8

Reaction score
Well backup camera is back just started working randomly after stopping after update so far still working fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigDsLimited

Reaction score
I ran the update from 37.9 to 39.9 this morning and everything is working as it should again. Didn't do the battery disconnect and didn't lose anything Sirius related.

Just drove around for a couple of hours with no issues still. Fingers crossed!

CoZo6

Reaction score
I have never (hopefully the same after I post this) had any issues with my 12”. However, I’m at 39.62, and decided to gave the software provided to go to 39.9. Well, after 2 failed attempt, I’m leaving well enough alone. Having come from a 2017 2500 with a self installed UAQ back in the day, I know how important “good working and trouble free” updates are to make our systems run efficiently and working well. Just my experiences with the 12”.

theRamguy

Reaction score
I have never (hopefully the same after I post this) had any issues with my 12”. However, I’m at 39.62, and decided to gave the software provided to go to 39.9. Well, after 2 failed attempt, I’m leaving well enough alone. Having come from a 2017 2500 with a self installed UAQ back in the day, I know how important “good working and trouble free” updates are to make our systems run efficiently and working well. Just my experiences with the 12”.
I'm sorry you're having issues. currently there were issues with canada truck UCX modules, and folks with USB drives that don't work. if it works it works. best option if you don't want to do it this way is to ask the dealer to do it.

CoZo6

Reaction score
Yes about some USB dives not working. Sony USB’s are notorious for not working and Sandisk are good. But no harm, mine is working fine. I may opt to try a different usb down the line, but ill let more time pass. Maybe another member with 39.62 found it to update to 39.9 and will chime in.

Attachments

• B4CB96F2-7ED2-4015-B95B-3B8F634D6509.jpeg
    B4CB96F2-7ED2-4015-B95B-3B8F634D6509.jpeg
    109.6 KB · Views: 75

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the same problem with the update. Had to try 3 different USB Drive till one finally worked. All good now.

RTTX

Reaction score
Well after seeing MannyN needing 3 USBs before all was good, I gave it a go with another one I had and viola’ all good to go.
Was it a completely different brand or size of USB that worked? Thanks.

LV426

Reaction score
I did the Update on Friday without any issues, took about 35 minuets with a Sandisk Jump drive, no errors or glitches. About 4 hours later I received an email from ram.mopar.com "Welcome to your Monthly Vehicle Health Report", this was a nice surprise & the app also works now so I can view the trucks VHR's. There is no mention of this being resolved in the current update's symptom/condition list so who knows... I was told by Uconnect support several months ago that VHR's would never work because of an "issue" with all UAX radios.

I can report at this time that everything in my case seems to be working & back online (Hotspot, online searching for Nav)
The only thing I can visually notice that's different is there is a "Wifi' icon on the screen all the time now that was never there before.

Psimpson

Reaction score
Since I've updated, I notice that my favorite contacts disappear after plugging in Android Auto. Anyone else have this happening?

LV426

Reaction score
Since I've updated, I notice that my favorite contacts disappear after plugging in Android Auto. Anyone else have this happening?
I still have my favorites but I've had to uninstall and reinstall Android auto twice so far to get it working properly. I've had an phone connection error popup on the Uconnect screen (forgot what it said exactly) a few times, connectivity issues (phone popup screen with USB permission always), contacts missing the images that are usually there, etc... The Android Auto experience since day one has been pretty much garbage (Google Navigation crapping out in the middle of using it)...

These problems are usually fixed (in my experience) with an uninstall/reinstall of AA. These problems could be from my phone, Uconnect or the AA software itself.

LV426

Reaction score
Just wanted to update this, My favorites did disappear strangely like a day or two after I posted that they didn't... Weird, but I re-added them and they have kept so far.

EDIT: They continue to disappear now... Great...

Last edited:

Psimpson

Reaction score
I did the same thing (put a few in) started AA and for the moment, they still are there. I'm trying to figure exactly when it happens. I like the newer maps but it's nice to have a destination in the phone and then get it in the radio. If you are in a weak coverage area having the phone in the wireless charger isn't the best place to keep a call alive.

LV426

Reaction score
I did the same thing (put a few in) started AA and for the moment, they still are there. I'm trying to figure exactly when it happens. I like the newer maps but it's nice to have a destination in the phone and then get it in the radio. If you are in a weak coverage area having the phone in the wireless charger isn't the best place to keep a call alive.
Lol, re-entered them yesterday & they were gone this morning... Very weird, removed the phone, re-added, etc...

Just to clarify, my favorites in Android Auto and have no issues, it the trucks "Favorites" for the phone that keep disappearing.

Psimpson

Reaction score
Lol, re-entered them yesterday & they were gone this morning... Very weird, removed the phone, re-added, etc...

Just to clarify, my favorites in Android Auto and have no issues, it the trucks "Favorites" for the phone that keep disappearing.
thats exactly what is happening to me

Jeremyko8

Reaction score
Anyone having issues with the backup camera since updating?

theRamguy

Reaction score
Anyone having issues with the backup camera since updating?

I haven't seen anyone have issues with camera not working after the update. this was supposed to address random issues with the camera.
With that said I am having issues with my bluetooth randomly deleting from the truck and it being added again after connecting to AA. have not figured out if it is an issue with the phone or the truck.

Kaldir1934

Reaction score
I haven't had any issues with anything so far. When my iPhone is on Bluetooth, it works fine, and when I switch to Car Play that works fine. The update fixed my wifi hot spot. however my connected services still don't work. I think that's an issue with Sirius Guardian though and not the radio itself.

Edit: Spelling

Runagun

Reaction score
Anyone has files with latest update you can share or from where to download it?
That's for 39.9 radio software on uconnect 4 12incher.

Users who are viewing this thread