5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Software and Map Update

Kaldir1934

Reaction score
I just did the 39.7 update about 2 hours ago, which actually fixed my 4G WiFi service. SOS of course still didn't work. I'll be installing this one tomorrow on my lunch break.

theRamguy

Reaction score
I just did the 39.7 update about 2 hours ago, which actually fixed my 4G WiFi service. SOS of course still didn't work. I'll be installing this one tomorrow on my lunch break.
39.9 fixes some more bugs.

LV426

Reaction score
Thank you again theRamguy, much appreciated.

Does anyone know how this will get pushed formally from Ram? Will they do an OTA or make people bring the trucks in?

Jeremyko8

Reaction score
I just installed 39.9 and can confirm it fixed my problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kaldir1934

Reaction score
Just for giggle's, I went to Uconnect to check for software updates.... really, why do they even bother?

View attachment 128070

Yeah I did the same, and my Radio was two verisions behind. I just did the 39.7 the other day. I will be doing the 39.9 this afternoon on lunch. I feel like they don't want owners updating the software anymore or something.

LV426

Reaction score
I'm going to wait before I do it, I still have questions that need answering.... I also desperately need to know why they are not advertising this update.

I'm looking for everything I can find on TSB 08-095-22, so far just one shi**y post from Ramcare's on another forum... So only everyone that reads posts in the forums know about the update? I would expect them to reach out to us with an email or something saying hey, there's finally an update for that buggy a$$ radio we sold you...

The list of concerns is hilarious... Do they even test this garbage before sending it out the door???

update2.JPG

Attachments

• TSB 08-095-22.png
    TSB 08-095-22.png
    144.8 KB · Views: 76
  • TSB 08-095-22 #2.png
    TSB 08-095-22 #2.png
    135.2 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm going to wait before I do it, I still have questions that need answering.... I also desperately need to know why they are not advertising this update.

I'm looking for everything I can find on TSB 08-095-22, so far just one shi**y post from Ramcare's on another forum... So only everyone that reads post in the forums know about the update?

The list of concerns is hilarious... Do they even test this garbage before sending it out the door???

View attachment 128074
Its not a new TSB, its an updated version that replaces an older one.
"This bulletin supersedes Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) 08-009-19 REV. B, date of issue September 11, 2019, which should be removed from your files."

They lumped alot into 1 TSB, this is normal for them.

ProKubinator

Reaction score
Thank you again theRamguy, much appreciated.

Does anyone know how this will get pushed formally from Ram? Will they do an OTA or make people bring the trucks in?
well the LTE connection was broken on mine and I assume most other trucks, so no way to get it OTA... lol

ProKubinator

Reaction score

I'm looking for everything I can find on TSB 08-095-22, so far just one shi**y post from Ramcare's on another forum... So only everyone that reads posts in the forums know about the update? I would expect them to reach out to us with an email or something saying hey, there's finally an update for that buggy a$$ radio we sold you...

View attachment 128074
the list of concerns is what issues could be experienced that this update is supposed to fix, not concerns with this update. Just FYI

LV426

Reaction score
I would have thought the onboard hot-spot/At&t issue would have been a bigger deal so they would designate a new TB but I guess not
well the LTE connection was broken on mine and I assume most other trucks, so no way to get it OTA... lol
Honestly, I don't fully understand this issue. My truck is getting the LTE connection however the hotspot keeps failing.
Its hard for me to understand how some with the same year truck get a completely broken LTE connection and some don't.

Last edited:

LV426

Reaction score
the list of concerns is what issues could be experienced that this update is supposed to fix, not concerns with this update. Just FYI
Oh I understand that, my comment was just in a surprise as to the amount of issues people are experiencing.

Kaldir1934

Reaction score
When I bought my truck 2 weeks ago, the hot spot didn't work or connected services. I was on version 34.~ and last night I updated to 39.7, which fixed the hot spot issues I was having. Mind you, when I was on version 34, the radio would ONLY connect to AT&T 3G, which was turned off in February of this year, so no internet. My ICCID was also different than what AT&T had a file, so I opened a ticket with them to update the ICCID and IMEI numbers to what was showing on my radio. Once I did the 39.7 update it was then connected to 4G and the change from AT&T finally worked so WiFi was working.

SOS and connected services still don't work, so I'm hoping this update will completely fix every thing once and for all.

Reaction score
39.7 killed my connected services and removed SiriusXM as a media source. I have updated to 39.9 and still having the same issue. I have disconnected the battery multiple times, restarted the radio multiple times and have let the truck sit overnight. Doesn’t seem to be helping at all. Anyone else have these issues?

Jeremyko8

Reaction score
Alright quick update so my maps can search and my sos assist buttons work but now my backup camera is blacked out

Kaldir1934

Reaction score
Alright quick update so my maps can search and my sos assist buttons work but now my backup camera is blacked out

Did the backup cam work right after the update?

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm doing the update now, is disconnecting the battery necessary after the update?

20220429_160922.jpg

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I don't have any of the listed "symptoms" with my current software, 39.7. Are the 3 enhancements worth the upgrade?

BowDown

Reaction score
I went from 34 to 39.9, no issues so far other than it when refreshing the Sirius, it removed my All Access service that I was getting instead of the SiriusXM Music & Entertainment which is what I was signed up for at $6.48 a month. I called Sirius and they gave me Platinum/All Access for $8

Kaldir1934

Reaction score
I went from 34 to 39.9, no issues so far other than it when refreshing the Sirius, it removed my All Access service that I was getting instead of the SiriusXM Music & Entertainment which is what I was signed up for at $6.48 a month. I called Sirius and they gave me Platinum/All Access for $8

Yeah that same thing happened to me. I'm also on the 6.48 a month. I should give them a call and try to get that $8 all access.

Users who are viewing this thread