5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Software and Map Update

LV426

Reaction score
I immediately thought "out of stock" means they found something wrong with it...
I'll take this opportunity to post my comment from December... It took a while for them to admit it was broken...

I honestly wonder how many trucks have been screwed up by this.

Jeremyko8

Reaction score
So funny I just saw this today when I was checking their site for updates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mirowpl

Reaction score
I was getting ready to see about updating, bu so glad I read this. I don’t not tha e the hot spot thru ATT but I do have the guardian services. So now I would waste my time.

one question, how did you get to the dealer mode? I tried what they said, but nothinG. I came in to look on the forum to see what I was doing wrong and found this thread. But I still want to know what I did wrong.

Psimpson

Reaction score
I took a chance and bought the update. 2 thumb drives came in the mail. One updated the software, the second updated the maps. So far, everything is fine. I've done a lot of driving the last 2 days and can say that finally the weather map is working right. You see all the radar, fronts, warnings- all the stuff that used to come and go. I'm assuming the software update must have fixed something. the map display is far more friendly, it shows green signs, sorta like google maps does. I'm happy I spent the money.

Jeremyko8

Reaction score
To go in dealer mode hold finger in in bottom left and right corner of screen like below media and back up cam.

Jeremyko8

Reaction score
Psimpson can you show
What version number of software and map you got? Like on the thumb drives they sent you

Psimpson

Reaction score
the sofware thumb drive has SBX PR then SW v39.7
the Map update is 12.0

I2R

Reaction score
So all these posts seem to have 2020-2022 models. I've got a 2019 Ltd CC with e-torque. Since my maps are from 2017, I'd dearly love to update them, but would also love to avoid the nightmare of screwing my nav system (I don't subscribe to Guardian- the last software update finally made in-cab location look-up possible, so I didn't pay just to be able to push a destination from my phone). Any 2019 models out there buy & install successfully? For that matter, it'd be interesting to hear from those with ANY model year who were able to update the maps without incident. Forums always generate 10x's more negative content than positive...
I updated, no problem. It still sucks but no new issues.

RJS

Reaction score
I took a chance and bought the update. 2 thumb drives came in the mail. One updated the software, the second updated the maps. So far, everything is fine. I've done a lot of driving the last 2 days and can say that finally the weather map is working right. You see all the radar, fronts, warnings- all the stuff that used to come and go. I'm assuming the software update must have fixed something. the map display is far more friendly, it shows green signs, sorta like google maps does. I'm happy I spent the money.
Thanks for the post. I had been setting on my update and maps for a few days. The software update took about 30 min. and the map update slightly less. The system is working well and I also see the improvement in the weather maps. There are also more side streets on the new map install then the previous one. It is having problems with the speed limit on a couple of side streets but other than that it is more responsive than previously.

For reference - 19 Laramie with 12" HK system.

stronbl

Reaction score
The main issue some of us have been having with the software update is with the connected services, in particular Sirius XM Guardian. If you never subscribed to it then the update may appear to have been installed correctly but if you did subscribe, then you can check it out by pressing the SOS/911 red button on the top console. If the call goes through tell them you are just testing - they're ok with that. But if you get any sort of error message then your connected services are corrupted. Another way to test it (this is how I found out) is to press the search on the nav screen so you can use the speak and go advanced function. If the little microphone icon is greyed out, and you have subscribed to Sirius XM Guardian, then your connected services are corrupted. Of course if you never subscribed to Sirius XM Guardian then I believe the microphone icon is greyed out anyway.

spaniel43

Reaction score
The main issue some of us have been having with the software update is with the connected services, in particular Sirius XM Guardian. If you never subscribed to it then the update may appear to have been installed correctly but if you did subscribe, then you can check it out by pressing the SOS/911 red button on the top console. If the call goes through tell them you are just testing - they're ok with that. But if you get any sort of error message then your connected services are corrupted. Another way to test it (this is how I found out) is to press the search on the nav screen so you can use the speak and go advanced function. If the little microphone icon is greyed out, and you have subscribed to Sirius XM Guardian, then your connected services are corrupted. Of course if you never subscribed to Sirius XM Guardian then I believe the microphone icon is greyed out anyway.
Can someone point me in the right direction to get software/firmware updates. My original phone was a Galaxy S10 which worked great with the 12" nav system update from 8.4 non nav I did last year! Currently my new S22 is not recognized when I connect via a USB cable. I've tried to resolve the issue with phone settings changes and Android Auto settings to no avail. Since the system is basically useless I think updating the system software is worth a try........

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

spaniel43

Reaction score
Can someone point me in the right direction to get software/firmware updates. My original phone was a Galaxy S10 which worked great with the 12" nav system update from 8.4 non nav I did last year! Currently my new S22 is not recognized when I connect via a USB cable. I've tried to resolve the issue with phone settings changes and Android Auto settings to no avail. Since the system is basically useless I think updating the system software is worth a try........

I have a 2020 Laramie

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Did you delete the S10 from the uConnect? If the s10 worked, then the S22 should also work. Get a new S22 and tell them, (Provider) that the USB is not working.

Kaldir1934

Reaction score
Hello,

I feel like I have the same issues shown in this thread and I have the 12 inch Uconnect.
Here are my version numbers.

Hardware Part Number: CNSC29NFFX
Software Version: 21.03.10
Application Version: USA-SBX-12.1-LR-34.51.0-20210117-L0N1
Maps: PROD_2018.08.28_MY19_CW35_LUNA_CONTENT_NA | Content_NA_HM_17Q4

Basically WiFi doesn't work. Assist/SOS doesn't work. I can't use the microphone/search in NAV.

Now the one thing I did notice is that my internal cell modem is only connecting to 3G service. AT&T 3G service was turned off in February of this year, so of course nothing will work, unless the built in modem connects to AT&T's 4G service. I did call AT&T about it, and the rep said he opened a case and would contact me if they found a solution. (Who knows if that will ever happen)

But figured I would point that out. Are your systems connecting to 4G or 3G? Also I did try unhooking the negative terminal for a minute. After a few hours the radio was still connected at 3G.

Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread