5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 REVERSE LIGHT POS/NEG WIRE COLOR

Njnyc

Reaction score
I do not own a test light to check for power . Anybody know which wire coloring is pos/neg?

hoppy

Reaction score
The seven pin connector in the back bumper of my 2021 Limited is labeled on it's cover (kind of hard to see because it's black). But there's also a diagram on page 226 of my online manual that shows the same thing. The center wire, in my case black, is the hot for the reverse lights. The ground is in position 5 and in my case is white. Your colors might be different.

tmilam

Reaction score
Left tail light has a white/purple wire is positive and black wire is negative. Just put a VLED license plate light on this past weekend and it worked great

Njnyc

Reaction score
Thank you guys for the feed back honestly !
Tmilam that’s my plan lol

tmilam

Reaction score
Be careful seeing how much weight of the tailgate rests on the light when it’s fully let down. It was putting just a bit of pressure on the light when it was fully let down. I had to trim the bottom of the license plate off about 3/16” and redrill the holes for the screws the same distance below the original ones to get just a few mm clearance from the tailgate being fully opened. There are also a couple plastic grommets behind where the license plate is placed when removed easily let the plug from the light to pass behind the bumper after being drilled out just big enough for it to pass thru. Apart from these couple modifications, it was an easy install. If you get stuck, shoot me a pm

Users who are viewing this thread