5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 night edition third brake light

bdel10

Reaction score
Here's the link to the video I saw.
At 12:54 he talks about the mirror and 3rd brake light and again at 18:47 and mentions the LVDS feed from the camera to the mirror. Not much info but he does say it's coming out. That's the reason I went to their website and then called them to find out the status. Delayed by COVID but supposed to be coming by spring. I was hoping it would be out by now so I could buy myself a Christmas present.

Last edited:

xLethoLx

Reaction score
Howdy All,
New to the forums. I have read through this post twice now and still am a little fuzzy on some details. I just got a new 2021 RAM 1500 Laramie. It has Automatic High–Beam Headlamp–Control and Rain–Sensitive Windshield Wipers. I don't see anything on my window sticker about auto dimming mirrors.

By adding the the new mirror (68448641AB) and third brake light (68444540AB) with fakra cable, will this should allow me to have the rear view mirror camera as plug and play?

Do I lose the auto high beam or rain sensitive windshield wipers?

Thanks in advance and sorry for asking redundant questions.

--------------------------------
2021 RAM 1500 Laramie - 5.7L V8 Hemi with eTorque - 3.92 Rear Axle Ratio - Customer Preferred Package 27H - Sport Appearance Package - Laramie Level B Equipment Group - Uconnect 12 with Nav

Daverous

Reaction score
You would not lose auto high beams or auto wipers. You'll only lose auto dim if equipped.

xLethoLx

Reaction score
Thanks Daverous. I am going to get everything ordered and will report back once its installed.

xLethoLx

Reaction score
Thanks Daverous. I am going to get everything ordered and will report back once its installed.
Installed today. Everything worked plug and play. The hardest part for me was getting the wire fished through the headliner. Watched a few headliner removal vids and got it with a little work. I ran the cable just on the edge on the passenger side. A few things to note is on the center column between the 2 doors, make sure you get the wire behind the 2 tabs that seat into the frame, the existing mirror will just pull off but the new one spins on (the clip uses 3 of the 6 sides of the hexagon, I had to remove one of the cables to get enough rotation to get it seated. make sure you keep even pressure on the mirror mount and turn slowly until it seats.), and tape one end using painters tape or something similar so that as you fish it you don't pull it out after fishing one end. I started at the third light and ran to the mirror.

Thanks all for the great info and leg work. Loving the camera rear mirror and now I can get my tint done and not worry about not being able to see out.

--------------------------------
2021 RAM 1500 Laramie - 5.7L V8 Hemi with eTorque - 3.92 Rear Axle Ratio - Customer Preferred Package 27H - Sport Appearance Package - Laramie Level B Equipment Group - Uconnect 12 with Nav - 3rd brake light/camera mod - S&B Filter CAI.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought the this third light, installed it and realized how dim it was to my other lights. I'm going to put this light for sell as I didn't really like it if anybody is interested.

Abesosa

Reaction score
I bought the this third light, installed it and realized how dim it was to my other lights. I'm going to put this light for sell as I didn't really like it if anybody is interested.

Depends how much you’ll be asking for it good sir

2019 Ram 1500 Limited Granite Crystal 4x4 with Off-Road Group and air ride
20% Cermanic Tint
USA Flag Decal on rear 5th Window
Xpel Door Edge and door handle Protection
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tbranella

Reaction score
Any updates for installing the rearview mirror on a 19 or 20????
been crickets on this post.. LOL

Cesar592

Reaction score
They are still investigating this for 19 20 or it has already been forgotten I have the light but I don't want to buy the digital mirror and it doesn't work I would like to try to change the year of my bcm to 21 or 22 as those who are installing the uc5 did so that it works

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They are still investigating this for 19 20 or it has already been forgotten I have the light but I don't want to buy the digital mirror and it doesn't work I would like to try to change the year of my bcm to 21 or 22 as those who are installing the uc5 did so that it works
I'm going to try that once the weather warms up enough. It will probably be in April after our spring break vacation.

Cesar592

Reaction score
infotainment also couldn't do this for the 19 and 20 and they are selling it for 1400 for the 21 and 22

Attachments

• 944595D0-543F-40EB-A810-BB5B4E56B793.png
    944595D0-543F-40EB-A810-BB5B4E56B793.png
    246.4 KB · Views: 79

Abesosa

Reaction score
I have a 2021 BCM to try also. Just got to find time.

We are all patiently waiting for results

2019 Ram 1500 Limited Granite Crystal 4x4 with Off-Road Group and air ride
20% Cermanic Tint
USA Flag Decal on rear 5th Window
Xpel Door Edge and door handle Protection
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread