5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019+ Rams with Lifts/Levels, and/or aftermarket wheel tire setups

limited_19

Reaction score
Looks good! I see you put in a black hood badge, are you planning on blacking out all the chrome and having the first murdered out limited? That sure as hell would be slick.

Also how do those Toyos ride, I was debating as I'm sure most do the toyos or the Nittos. I went with the nittos and they are nice and quiet but being an F rated tire they sure are stiff. I can tell the added stiffness to my ride is coming through the tires, not so much my lift.

I'm really happy with the Toyo's, they're really quiet and the ride quality is still very good. My plan is to have everything chrome blacked out, I'm getting factory black badging as it comes available. Not sure if I should get a paintable laramie grill or if I should chance having a shop blast and paint over my chrome grill.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No kidding, I dropped from 16.5 to 14.5 with the 3.5" lift and 33's. the change in final drive from the 35's would offset some of it but not much.

Yeah I'm only getting right about 15 with the level and 34s.

cjgerson

Reaction score
I'm really happy with the Toyo's, they're really quiet and the ride quality is still very good. My plan is to have everything chrome blacked out, I'm getting factory black badging as it comes available. Not sure if I should get a paintable laramie grill or if I should chance having a shop blast and paint over my chrome grill.

I believe The Laramie and Limited grilles are not interchangeable due to the different headlight designs.

skatz5000

Reaction score

How did you get the hood badges out to swap them?

Twoamen

Reaction score

I Love Grits

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The pre-load goes inside the spring, and the stut extension goes on top. See illustrations below.

6e2d6c6966742d6b69742d6469616772616d2d776d2e6a7067.jpg

6966742d6b69742d6469616772616d2d776d2e6a7067.jpg

DSOOBY

Reaction score
Referencing ReadyLift products Could someone with the technical knowledge explain why there is a choice of (2" Pre-Load Spacer Front Leveling Kit - 2019 Ram 1500 4WD) and (2" Front Leveling Kit With Tubular Control Arms - 2019 Ram 1500 4WD) other than approximately $300.00 dollar difference. I would like just the level option for my 2019. cannot figure why I would want to pay the extra for the same result.

You also get new heavy duty upper control arms with corrected angles. Unless you want to blow through ball joints every so often the UCA in the more expensive kit is a solid solution. The 2019 also has a hybrid of plastic and metal making up the UCA which in their testing, Readylift would find the ball joint breaking out of the socket. Since droop is limited with the preload spacer it's less of an issue.

DSOOBY

Reaction score

Yeah like stated above, the Laramie grille won't work since the grille extends under your headlights. Your best bet is to just have it media blasted and repainted.

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
Yeah like stated above, the Laramie grille won't work since the grille extends under your headlights. Your best bet is to just have it media blasted and repainted.

Or you could try to dip the grill? I am ordering a metallic grey limited, custom wheels and I might dip the chrome to see how it looks first. Had good experience on an older dark grey grill and atv tires that went thru mud, very durable.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think I finally decided what wheel/tire combo I'm going with. They're even coming with $200 worth of rebates at the moment. Going to go with American Outlaw "Lonestar" 20" wheels. 10 mm offset and BFG KO2s in 275/65R20. Was looking at the 285/65R20 and the price difference just isn't worth it to me for an extra 1/2 inch tall and wide. Going to order tonight or tomorrow, then have to order the TPMS sensors so I can get it all installed. Seems none of the shops have them in at the moment and it appears to be a different sensor than the 4th gens. I'll be having the factory black 20s intact with TPMS and tires for sale shortly.
View attachment 701
Looking through the forum and may have missed it but does anyone know if 275/65/r20 tires will work on a ‘19 with the factory wheels without lift or off road package and what is the offset of the factory 20” Longhorn wheel? Every truck I have owned I run the tallest, thinnest tire I can in the winter and then run a nice lookin wheel with wider tire in the summer. I do plan on lifting the truck eventually ( when I get it) but just curious about what will fit stock. Thanks!

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking through the forum and may have missed it but does anyone know if 275/65/r20 tires will work on a ‘19 with the factory wheels without lift or off road package and what is the offset of the factory 20” Longhorn wheel? Every truck I have owned I run the tallest, thinnest tire I can in the winter and then run a nice lookin wheel with wider tire in the summer. I do plan on lifting the truck eventually ( when I get it) but just curious about what will fit stock. Thanks!

They will fit just fine. There was a post on another forum where a member states he had 275/65s put on the factory wheels and had no issues. Also, my aftermarket are +10 offset and I have no issues with that size. The factory wheels are around +18 I think

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
I am not entirely sure, but I submitted my truck on customwheeloffset.com and It says backspacing 5.
https://www.customwheeloffset.com/wheel-offset-gallery/403205/2019-ram-1500-fuel-assault-stock-stock

This combo looks really nice. I'm looking at tire wheel options for a limited I have on order. What you seeing for before and after mpg's? Did you/discount tire recalibrate the speedo?

I'm probably going with fuel coupler d556 20x9 on my grey truck. I would like to add links to level front air suspension and go with something similar to 33's. Offset is available in +20 or +1. Stock is +19. Anyone have on experience with the limiteds yet? I want to know what I'm getting myself into.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180701-211155.png
    Screenshot_20180701-211155.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 276

RBRK

Reaction score
I see now readylift has a control arm and upper strut extension kit. They also show a preload spacer. Seems odd they say the stress on the ball joint is too great so they made arms but they still have a preload spacer on their site. Confusing.

DSOOBY

Reaction score
I see now readylift has a control arm and upper strut extension kit. They also show a preload spacer. Seems odd they say the stress on the ball joint is too great so they made arms but they still have a preload spacer on their site. Confusing.
It's a price point thing, make a product for every type of buyer. If the person want's to run a preload spacer and risk blowing their ball joints then that's up to them. Practically every lift company makes them for every make and model.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's a price point thing, make a product for every type of buyer. If the person want's to run a preload spacer and risk blowing their ball joints then that's up to them. Practically every lift company makes them for every make and model.

I would say that's exactly right. One other thing to consider is right now these trucks are so new so there are no true lift kits out for them yet. Somebody who plans to do a true lift kit when they beceom available may elect to run the preload spacer for now because it will only be a temporary thing. More lift kits will be out in the coming months and then they will switch over to one of those.

BZ23

Reaction score
This combo looks really nice. I'm looking at tire wheel options for a limited I have on order. What you seeing for before and after mpg's? Did you/discount tire recalibrate the speedo?

I'm probably going with fuel coupler d556 20x9 on my grey truck. I would like to add links to level front air suspension and go with something similar to 33's. Offset is available in +20 or +1. Stock is +19. Anyone have on experience with the limiteds yet? I want to know what I'm getting myself into.
Speed was recalibrate. Couldn't tell. You mpg before because I had them installed before I purchased the car. I'm getting 16 to 17 highway, and 14 to 15 local roads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online