5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019+ Rams with Lifts/Levels, and/or aftermarket wheel tire setups

naman_sharma

Reaction score
d9648f30cea4a9aedb25064c5c5c8b16.jpg

827fedebda78c1b963c53ad5ee797e6a.jpg

20’ laramie longhorn 4x4
22x12 -44 offset
3.5 RC leveling strut
stock rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
3.5” ReadyLIFT SST Kit
35x12.5x20 Kenda Klever RTs
20x10 -18 Fuel Rebel Wheels

I’ve posted in here before (post #1702), but figured I’d drop a longer term update on my setup since I’m frequently asked questions about it. I’ve got about 11k miles or so on it with its current configuration, and I believe that is an adequate amount of mileage to give an honest opinion. I’m still very satisfied with this setup overall, but can provide feedback to hopefully help anyone make a decision that may be on the fence.

3.5” ReadyLIFT SST - I’m very happy with this lift, especially when considering the price point that you can now purchase these kits at. That said, if I were to do it over, I’d probably take a different route. I think this offers a great stance. Realistically speaking, this is more than enough lift, especially when paired with 35” tall tires. It’s a great balance for a daily driven vehicle. Unfortunately, the inner child in me can’t help but wish I went taller. This truck has a ton of road presence until a truck with a 6” lift pulls up next to it lol. If you have any hesitation that a 3.5” lift won’t be tall enough for your liking, just play it safe and go with a bigger kit. Despite the controversy, the ride quality on the ReadyLIFT isn’t that bad at all in the city and on the highway in my opinion. It’s definitely not as smooth of a ride as stock, but it isn’t far off. Bumps and potholes do feel more significant on the street, but it isn’t anything substantial to where I’d say that I regret installing this. Now, if you plan to do frequent off-roading in any capacity, I’d look elsewhere. I have taken this down some basic dirt trails and gravel roads and I will say I wasn’t very impressed with it at all. It definitely rides rough in my experience. Upgrading shocks may help here, but this kit’s design clearly isn’t intended to give you premium off-roading performance. If looking for a budget friendly option to achieve the desired stance that also maintains decent on-road ride quality, then this might be the choice for you. Otherwise, I’d recommend looking at some of the other more premium options out there.

Kenda Klever RTs - I’ll keep this short and sweet. I have zero complaints with these tires and wouldn’t hesitate to buy them again. They’re priced well, have great reviews, ride smooth, and the added road noise is very minimal. After 11k miles they still look and ride like new. Longevity speaking, I have heard these tires will last for 60k-70k miles pretty effortlessly with proper care and maintenance, and I have no reason to believe that to be a false statement at this point. They are wearing nice and evenly and have performed great so far.

Fuel Rebel Wheels - I’ll also keep this short and to the point. Love the wheel, love the finish, love the size and offset. Fuel has their reputation for a reason. They make great products that they stand behind. I’ve had zero issues with these. Would I buy them again? No. Reason being… they’re just too damn popular lol. I had no idea just how popular they were until after I bought them. I understand they’re popular for a reason, but I now wish I went with another wheel just to be a bit different from the majority. Don’t let my opinion deter you from buying these. They are a great option and I get compliments on them all the time.

Here’s a few updated photos. Removing the active air dam and the plastic valance on the front bumper is a simple trick to make the front appear taller. I recently added amp powersteps which also adds additional ground clearance on the sides compared to the fixed side steps I previously had on the truck.

1E9E5E8D-2672-440D-B738-6EA7E286C0EE.jpeg
3EF1D13E-10F7-459D-8ACB-9137B46CAEB8.jpeg
6FC2C95D-DA04-4C0D-A8BF-F583A28D8BAC.jpeg
39F0351D-4B75-4EB8-B792-F8D7CA159DC9.jpeg
ADD7C5A3-AD42-44F4-8962-C5CACAA51262.jpeg

Last edited:

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your truck looks perfect as is. To get the same look with a 6" lift, you would need 37's. 35's just look tiny with a 6" lift.
Appreciate that! And I completely agree. If I ever went with a 6” lift, it would absolutely be sitting on 37’s. I’m in love with the look, but I can’t justify that move. Especially with this being my main method of transportation for work and the family.

Reaction score
3.5” ReadyLIFT SST Kit
35x12.5x20 Kenda Klever RTs
20x10 -18 Fuel Rebel Wheels

I’ve posted in here before (post #1702), but figured I’d drop a longer term update on my setup since I’m frequently asked questions about it. I’ve got about 11k miles or so on it with its current configuration, and I believe that is an adequate amount of mileage to give an honest opinion. I’m still very satisfied with this setup overall, but can provide feedback to hopefully help anyone make a decision that may be on the fence.

3.5” ReadyLIFT SST - I’m very happy with this lift, especially when considering the price point that you can now purchase these kits at. That said, if I were to do it over, I’d probably take a different route. I think this offers a great stance. Realistically speaking, this is more than enough lift, especially when paired with 35” tall tires. It’s a great balance for a daily driven vehicle. Unfortunately, the inner child in me can’t help but wish I went taller. This truck has a ton of road presence until a truck with a 6” lift pulls up next to it lol. If you have any hesitation that a 3.5” lift won’t be tall enough for your liking, just play it safe and go with a bigger kit. Despite the controversy, the ride quality on the ReadyLIFT isn’t that bad at all in the city and on the highway in my opinion. It’s definitely not as smooth of a ride as stock, but it isn’t far off. Bumps and potholes do feel more significant on the street, but it isn’t anything substantial to where I’d say that I regret installing this. Now, if you plan to do frequent off-roading in any capacity, I’d look elsewhere. I have taken this down some basic dirt trails and gravel roads and I will say I wasn’t very impressed with it at all. It definitely rides rough in my experience. Upgrading shocks may help here, but this kit’s design clearly isn’t intended to give you premium off-roading performance. If looking for a budget friendly option to achieve the desired stance that also maintains decent on-road ride quality, then this might be the choice for you. Otherwise, I’d recommend looking at some of the other more premium options out there.

Kenda Klever RTs - I’ll keep this short and sweet. I have zero complaints with these tires and wouldn’t hesitate to buy them again. They’re priced well, have great reviews, ride smooth, and the added road noise is very minimal. After 11k miles they still look and ride like new. Longevity speaking, I have heard these tires will last for 60k-70k miles pretty effortlessly with proper care and maintenance, and I have no reason to believe that to be a false statement at this point. They are wearing nice and evenly and have performed great so far.

Fuel Rebel Wheels - I’ll also keep this short and to the point. Love the wheel, love the finish, love the size and offset. Fuel has their reputation for a reason. They make great products that they stand behind. I’ve had zero issues with these. Would I buy them again? No. Reason being… they’re just too damn popular lol. I had no idea just how popular they were until after I bought them. I understand they’re popular for a reason, but I now wish I went with another wheel just to be a bit different from the majority. Don’t let my opinion deter you from buying these. They are a great option and I get compliments on them all the time.

Here’s a few updated photos. Removing the active air dam and the plastic valance on the front bumper is a simple trick to make the front appear taller. I recently added amp powersteps which also adds additional ground clearance on the sides compared to the fixed side steps I previously had on the truck.

View attachment 136198
View attachment 136199
View attachment 136200
View attachment 136201
View attachment 136208
That looks excellent!

You kept the OEM shocks/struts with the SST kit? I'm in between the RL kit and comparable RC kit, both 3.5" but upgrading the shocks/struts. I don't do any off-road driving, but would like to keep as close to stock (or better) ride on the street.

How are the Kenda's in the wet conditions and heavy rain? I live in central Florida so excellent rain performance is mandatory.

Thanks, and great looking truck!

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That looks excellent!

You kept the OEM shocks/struts with the SST kit? I'm in between the RL kit and comparable RC kit, both 3.5" but upgrading the shocks/struts. I don't do any off-road driving, but would like to keep as close to stock (or better) ride on the street.

How are the Kenda's in the wet conditions and heavy rain? I live in central Florida so excellent rain performance is mandatory.

Thanks, and great looking truck!
Thanks! Yep just the ReadyLIFT kit. Stock otherwise. I plan to upgrade those eventually but hasn’t been a priority because ride quality really hasn’t been much of an issue for me. The Klevers have been great. I’m also in central Florida and I did a good bit of research on their performance in rain prior to deciding on them. The reviews said they did well and I’d agree. I did have them unexpectedly break loose on me once in the rain, but I’d put all the blame on myself. I was turning onto an entrance ramp for the FL Turnpike, and the combination of me beginning to accelerate, while coming out of a turn, in wet conditions obviously doesn’t mix too well lol. Created a nice little drift though! Aside from that one hiccup, no issues at all with them.

RaginYeeYee

Reaction score

bakerboy

Reaction score
Sweet truck dude! I'm actually looking into a 6" lift by Ready Lift for my truck but I have stock air suspension. How do you like your lift and is it air suspension also?

I like it! It rides good IMHO, I haven't taken it off road yet, I will in Oct/Nov. No, I have the non-air ride.

Users who are viewing this thread