5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019+ Rams with Lifts/Levels, and/or aftermarket wheel tire setups

Av1

Reaction score
How’s the ride quality compared to stock with the Bilstein 6112’s?
It's not as floaty, it seems more controlled. My tires are firmer than oem so that's also a consideration. It's still a very nice ride and I was pleased with the outcome.

Reaction score
Just got my tires in and installed on Friday!

2021 Laramie Night edition with a 2” level and 285/55r22 Nitto Recon Grapplers.

SXjWOzd.jpg
y8J91Jh.jpg
Do you have an updated review on those Recon Grapplers? How's the road noise and traction in the rain?

Rweisner19

Reaction score
I am looking to level my Bighorn . Do I really need upper control arms to raise the front 1.5 inches?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I am looking to level my Bighorn . Do I really need upper control arms to raise the front 1.5 inches?
Nope. Not unless you will be doing some harcore off roading. I did the 2” motofab level, and no issues. You will just need an alignment afterwards.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was torn between those wheels too! Do you have a build thread on your truck? That engine setup sounds sick!

@IndianaRam I second this motion if you don’t have a thread already. Would love to hear your 0-60 & 1/4 mile times if you have any! I just use the free Race Stats app. Whenever my stock engine goes this is what I also plan on doing.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed 20x10 -18 offset Vossen wheels with 305/50/20 Michelin Defenders. No level or lift kit, just stock air suspension. No rub or modding needed. Rides so much better. Then added the Hellwig rear sway bar & wow, these curvy back roads are a lot more fun now!

Attachments

• 2B5660C6-D899-47A5-802C-D68F07A4E5C6.jpeg
    2B5660C6-D899-47A5-802C-D68F07A4E5C6.jpeg
    192.1 KB · Views: 443
  • 8B03DE0E-CE6E-4FD1-8DC5-86559909ADBA.jpeg
    8B03DE0E-CE6E-4FD1-8DC5-86559909ADBA.jpeg
    143.7 KB · Views: 441

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Installed 20x10 -18 offset Vossen wheels with 305/50/20 Michelin Defenders. No level or lift kit, just stock air suspension. No rub or modding needed. Rides so much better. Then added the Hellwig rear sway bar & wow, these curvy back roads are a lot more fun now!
Looks great!

rwo978

Reaction score
Anyone that did the Motofab 2 inch spacers for the front have issues getting the UCA down far enough and the bottom up enough to send the top ball joint home?

Messed with this for 4 hours this weekend and finally gave up because 2 grown men :) couldn't pry up and down enough to get them to line up. It's like the strut wouldn't compress.

I'm just going to order the UCAs for a lift and hopefully that will give enough room to get this mod completed. Frustrating to say the least tho, especially when it states this isn't necessary.

Thanks!!

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used a bottle jack under the lca to lift it into place with an old hockey puck to prevent slipping. Only took 3-4 pumps to get about 1/2 inch of lift. Just a thought

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Anyone that did the Motofab 2 inch spacers for the front have issues getting the UCA down far enough and the bottom up enough to send the top ball joint home?

Messed with this for 4 hours this weekend and finally gave up because 2 grown men :) couldn't pry up and down enough to get them to line up. It's like the strut wouldn't compress.

I'm just going to order the UCAs for a lift and hopefully that will give enough room to get this mod completed. Frustrating to say the least tho, especially when it states this isn't necessary.

Thanks!!
Yea we got it loose. Had the truck on a lift. Once the bottom and UCA was undone, we could do whatever we wanted. We did pry some on the lower joint to get everything into place too. Wasn’t too bad

rwo978

Reaction score
I used a bottle jack under the lca to lift it into place with an old hockey puck to prevent slipping. Only took 3-4 pumps to get about 1/2 inch of lift. Just a thought
We used another jack under the LCA and after a pump or 2, the strut stopped compressing and the whole truck started lifting. So that was a no go.

I watched another video that mentioned swapping the struts from passenger to driver and vice versa, as the struts didn’t like being rotated 180, something about the angle…..? Anyone have thoughts on this?

I bought the Rough Country UCAs, so hopefully that’ll solve the problem. More than I wanted to spend on it though…

Last edited:

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Definitely didn’t have that problem. No issues rotating the assembly 180 degrees either.

Jake1350

Reaction score

Thanks!!
I have been installing leveling kits for awhile in my shop. Had a 2in leveling spacer in before my lift kit and biggest thing is jack up the lower control arm as much as can be and use 2 pry bars and work your way down the coils in the coil spring to at least get a couple threads to start the nut then tighten from there. Also doing extended uppers is a much better option for ride quality. Ran with two inch spacers for 3 years with stock arms and the bump steer was terrible do to the tension in the suspension.

Morenar

Reaction score
Rough Country 3.5” lift with loaded struts and upgraded V2 shocks. 295/70-18 Nitto G2’s. No rubbing , rides great.
How are the 3.5 loaded struts holding up? I am thinking of going that route instead of the Readylift 3.5 SST with Bilsteins 5100 I currently have. The ride is not that great right now.

Users who are viewing this thread