5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019+ Rams with Lifts/Levels, and/or aftermarket wheel tire setups

Ranger482

Reaction score
I have no need for 10-ply tires. Are there any mildly aggressive tread tires out there in decent sizes that won’t be so rough? I’m a lot of highway but use the truck for construction site visits and boat ramps.
Depending on your rim size and how big you want to go, you should be able to find at least a 34" tire in a lower load range. Something like the Terra Grappler G2 in a 275/65/20. Essentially a 34X"11" tire which I believe is a 4 ply.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can any of you with lifts and or levels take pictures of yours next to a stock Ram? Some perspective might help. I saw a leveled truck yesterday in person that looked great but when I took a picture you couldn’t even tell.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have no need for 10-ply tires. Are there any mildly aggressive tread tires out there in decent sizes that won’t be so rough? I’m a lot of highway but use the truck for construction site visits and boat ramps.
Nitto RIdge Grapplers come in an XL size in 305/55r20s.

nicodywill

Reaction score
Nitto RIdge Grapplers come in an XL size in 305/55r20s.

This is likely the tire I'll run after I wear the treads off my current 10-ply Nitto RG's in 285/65R20.
They have an added sense of security as it relates to punctures and look great, however, the ride is just too stiff for my liking overall.

RAMayor

Reaction score

Attachments

• At Home Comparison.jpeg
    At Home Comparison.jpeg
    197.6 KB · Views: 691
  • At Uncle Comparison.JPG
    At Uncle Comparison.JPG
    250.8 KB · Views: 701
  • Stock, Day of Purchase.jpg
    Stock, Day of Purchase.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 697
  • After Level @ Uncles.jpg
    After Level @ Uncles.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 702
  • At Home Leveled.jpeg
    At Home Leveled.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 703

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2 in Rough Country level completed today. 35x12.50r22 going on the stock rims tomorrow morning.

Got a great deal on Milestar Patagonia from Walmart. I did some research and they have great reviews for the price. https://www.walmart.com/ip/35X12-50R22LT-121Q-F-12-BW-MILESTAR-PATAGONIA-M-T/648283827
I got them for 187, they are now 185 a tire. So cheap Discount Tire wouldn't even match the price.

Post pics of the new tires as soon as they go on. Going to look great.

RAMayor

Reaction score
here it is.

2inch Rough Country Level ($55)
35x12.50r22 Milestar Patagonia MT ($187 per tire at walmart, 805 shipped to store, tax included)
Mount, Balance, Align at Tires Plus $225
Rough Country Speedometer Calibrated to 34inch tires matches GPS speed perfect
Trimmed the Wheel Well Liner, shown in pics. No rubbing after that. VERY TIGHT FIT, BUT FITS!!

Attachments

• stock vs 2in level w 35.JPG
    stock vs 2in level w 35.JPG
    215.1 KB · Views: 673
  • Tread.jpeg
    Tread.jpeg
    209.6 KB · Views: 670
  • looking up at stock mudflap.jpeg
    looking up at stock mudflap.jpeg
    109.5 KB · Views: 579
  • looking down on upper control arm.jpeg
    looking down on upper control arm.jpeg
    109.5 KB · Views: 512
  • front of wheel, wheel straight.jpeg
    front of wheel, wheel straight.jpeg
    139 KB · Views: 522
  • Wheel well liner that was trimmed, looking up lying on ground.jpeg
    Wheel well liner that was trimmed, looking up lying on ground.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 516
  • wheel well liner trimmed piece.jpg
    wheel well liner trimmed piece.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 527

RAMayor

Reaction score
Let me know how you like the tires. Price is intriguing over nitto.
Day 1, and no complaints. They are definitely louder than the stock touring tires, but that's a given. I have never owned muds before, but I would say these compare in road noise to some BFG KO2 AT. I had those on a jeep in HS. With the noise dampened cabin you don't really hear them at all. Windows open you do.
Ride quality is different, I would say better because i prefer the more stable sturdy ride. I have speed bumps in my neighborhood and these tires handle them soooo much better than the touring tires. The ride is a bit stiffer, but not a huge difference.
I did a good amount of research on these before I bought them, a few Jeep YouTubers use them, and found some videos of 2500 truck owners running them all with good to rave reviews. They have a 50k mile warranty i believe. Discount Tire sells them and warranties them which eased my mind compared to some Federals or AMP tires or similar cheaper MT tires. Discount Tire wouldn't price match the tires and Tires Plus was shocked at the price I told them when they tried to ask why I didn't buy from them when I had them install them.

RAMayor

Reaction score
Let me know how you like the tires. Price is intriguing over nitto.
Day 2, update. Just drove to work and did a bit of highway driving.
The good: the MPG has not suffered much, maybe .5 mpg but that could have just been from hitting more red lights than normal.
The bad: the tires are louder than I previously mentioned. They are not obnoxious, but you can definitely hear a hum. I don't hear it/didn't hear it as much yesterday because I was doing slower city driving yesterday.
All in all, would I consider an AT instead of an MT next time? ABSOLUTELY, but, with the 22inch rim paying 2x the price per tire just wasn't an option for me. We will see how the tread life is on these over time, but so far I am really happy. They are also still new and I am in that honeymoon phase.

Bradw177

Reaction score
Day 2, update. Just drove to work and did a bit of highway driving.
The good: the MPG has not suffered much, maybe .5 mpg but that could have just been from hitting more red lights than normal.
The bad: the tires are louder than I previously mentioned. They are not obnoxious, but you can definitely hear a hum. I don't hear it/didn't hear it as much yesterday because I was doing slower city driving yesterday.
All in all, would I consider an AT instead of an MT next time? ABSOLUTELY, but, with the 22inch rim paying 2x the price per tire just wasn't an option for me. We will see how the tread life is on these over time, but so far I am really happy. They are also still new and I am in that honeymoon phase.
Thanks for the update. Ya I don’t want a mt I’m pretty set on ridge grapplers bc most of my driving is highway. But the price point compared to nitto is about 2.5x less

RAMayor

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Ya I don’t want a mt I’m pretty set on ridge grapplers bc most of my driving is highway. But the price point compared to nitto is about 2.5x less
Yea, the price was a big part of it, but also the aggressive tread look was what I was really interested in. Good luck making a decision.

Blvckr3bel

Reaction score
2" Readylift Leveling Kit w/ UCA
22x10 ET-25 Hostile Rage Blade Cut
Nitto Ridge Grappler 285/55R22

pics next to a stock F350

Attachments

• IMG_2291.JPG
    IMG_2291.JPG
    185.8 KB · Views: 710
  • IMG_2403.JPG
    IMG_2403.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 695
  • IMG_2404.JPG
    IMG_2404.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 590
  • IMG_2157.JPG
    IMG_2157.JPG
    178.4 KB · Views: 604

Yates367

Reaction score
2" Readylift Leveling Kit w/ UCA
22x10 ET-25 Hostile Rage Blade Cut
Nitto Ridge Grappler 285/55R22

pics next to a stock F350

What UCAs did you use? I have a North Edition which has the 1" factory lift, supposively the same base suspension as the Rebel. I have read I can use the MOPAR 2" lift UCAs when doing a 2" leveling kit.

But the fine print says these UCAs from the MOPAR kit does not work with the Rebel/1" Factory lift.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any of you guys try putting a pair of better rear shocks on with the 3.5in Readylift Kit? The front is ok but the rear is way bumpier and noisier...

Attachments

• IMG_2922.JPG
    IMG_2922.JPG
    158.7 KB · Views: 433

Blvckr3bel

Reaction score

kittyjo

Reaction score
Waiting for all the kinks to be completely fixed... but waiting on blinstien shocks to come out.

Users who are viewing this thread