5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM Rebel Lift Kit

rsonedecker

Reaction score
The Rebels do have different front struts. They have Bilsteins so the spring perch could very well be different from the ORP trucks.
Today I climbed under a Rebel - in the wet no less - and got a rough measurement. The Rebel's spring perch is the same location as a non-ORP and ORP spring perch (8.25" from bottom bolt-center to lowest point on spring perch [the coil stop]) [I have ORP and non-ORP shock units in my garage right now]. I also confirmed that the Rebel has the same spring part number as the ORP (68320249AB), which is 3/4" taller than non-ORP (which translates into a 1" lift). It's the spring, not the shock, that lifts the rebel (and ORP), and that spring should also add 1" to the mopar lift)...Add that to the fact that I started my debate a while ago with the fact that the dealership where I got my ORP shocks (F&R) from had done a Mopar lift on the truck that originally had that ORP stuff and they swear it lifted the truck 3".

I stand firm in the fact that the mopar kit will lift the Rebel and ORP trucks to 3", BUT it won't actually work on the rebel because the bilstein is a different tube diameter (I didn't have a micrometer and did my best with the tape measure, but it was apparent) and a different spring perch diameter, and the Mopar kit requires you to reuse the spring perch from your stock shocks - and the bilstein perch doesn't fit the fox shock. That's why they say it won't fit the Rebel, but they don't say it won't fit the off-road package trucks (because the ORP and non-ORP spring perchs are identical). I confirmed with Mopar a while ago that they only claim "Not for Rebel", they do NOT claim not for ORP.

If you put a non-ORP spring onto a Fox shock, you'll get 2" of lift - we know that.
If you put an ORP spring, which is 3/4' taller and creates 1" of lift, onto a fox shock, you'll get 3" of lift. If I had an extra $1200 and lots of time, I'd prove it ;)!

Kadarnall

Reaction score
Just my two cents. The Dodge Dealer where I bought my truck said if I use the readylift 3.5", I will be 4.5" higher than regular Rams. He also said if I had them install it, any issues with the drive shaft and/or any other parts damaged by being out of whack will be covered by my bumper to bumper 100k warranty.

At this point, it sounds like waiting for a Stage 2 kit from someone like Pro Comp is warranted.

DIRTRIDER

Reaction score
MOTOFAB 2" level with the Mopar 2"lift upper control arms. Running winter tires and rims on it now but have the stock wheels with 295/70-18 Nitto's I run in summer. No issues, ride same as stock. Measures 39 3/4" front and 40 1/2" in rear IMG_1442.jpg

DB66

Reaction score
Hey, thanks again. I think I'll install the front leveling kit, then decide if I want the rake or not. Either way it will look better.
Any updated pictures with just the 2” lift all the way around . Just ordered my Rebel and trying to figure out what to do. Thanks.

Kadarnall

Reaction score
Any updated pictures with just the 2” lift all the way around . Just ordered my Rebel and trying to figure out what to do. Thanks.

First is before second one is after 3.5" Readylift only using 2" in the front and not the whole 3.5"

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1554159955045.jpg
    FB_IMG_1554159955045.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 598
  • 20190328_165857.jpg
    20190328_165857.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 607

Wayno72

Reaction score
Had the Daystar spacer kit for a 4th gen Ram installed, rides very close to stock. 20s and 35s going on tomorrow.

Did you get your 35’s on? No rubbing. How wide wheels? Pics?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

firemedic3404

Reaction score
I’ve been following this thread for a while. Has anyone figured out if I get a 6” (full kit type of deal), would it work since I’m essentially replacing or relocating all of the components?

RamRebel19

Reaction score
I’ve been following this thread for a while. Has anyone figured out if I get a 6” (full kit type of deal), would it work since I’m essentially replacing or relocating all of the components?
There's a few of us here who have 6" lifts installed on our Rebels. I encountered a few differences between the instruction sheet Fabtech sent and my actual truck but nothing major. Lift went on just fine with no problems and I've had it on for about 4k miles now. The alignment was done right after the lift and everything is good. I went with the Fabtech 6" Basic lift. I have pics of the install posted on my Insta @rebelram19 if you care to see the differences I encountered.

Rebel Randy

Reaction score
First is before second one is after 3.5" Readylift only using 2" in the front and not the whole 3.5"

Any ride degradation? I'm considering this lift but don't want to compromise the ride. I also want sound geometry so I'm getting an education in this thread.

You also have the wheels I'm looking at. Are the Fuel wheels you have 18's ?

Rebel Randy

Reaction score
And who's truck is this? The lift/wheel combo looks to be exactly what I'm looking for:
7af8e8ac-3780-4b89-8a46-753b6bc827cb-jpeg.21196

graphguy

Reaction score
True, but the speed is also limited. I think offroad 2 it automatically lowers back down after you hit 15 or 20 mph. With a leveling kit, it is raised 24/7 no matter what speed, and a bad angle can lead to more damage.
Where did you get that information that it auto lowers at 15-20? I haven't seen that published nor on any of the REBEL YouTube vids. Not saying it is not true, just would like to see the definitive source of your statement.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where did you get that information that it auto lowers at 15-20? I haven't seen that published nor on any of the REBEL YouTube vids. Not saying it is not true, just would like to see the definitive source of your statement.
It’s been talked about here in multiple threads. I would have to do some searching to pinpoint it. When raised into off-road 2 the cv angles, ball joint angles, etc are pushed to the max. If hitting something at full speed with those angles you could potentially cause some damage.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's in the manual - Off Road (max) height will auto-lower after 27mph, and entry/exit will auto raise after 17mph

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Just my two cents. The Dodge Dealer where I bought my truck said if I use the readylift 3.5", I will be 4.5" higher than regular Rams. He also said if I had them install it, any issues with the drive shaft and/or any other parts damaged by being out of whack will be covered by my bumper to bumper 100k warranty.

At this point, it sounds like waiting for a Stage 2 kit from someone like Pro Comp is warranted.

I'd like to see them put that in writing.

KiddKrucial

Reaction score
Are all of these options for the coil rebels only? I'm wondering if there are any options for us air suspension rebel folks. Not much coming up in the searches.

firemedic3404

Reaction score
8dbeb4303cda4c4f4b9e50a976cab53c.jpg

Any idea on this? I emailed ADD and they said the customer already had the lift when they installed the bumper, and now this picture is no longer in the site. But form what I can see, everything looks good....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread