5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM Rebel Lift Kit

James8563

Reaction score
Oh wow,
That's a good price on parts, but for the love of God, make sure your 4-Wheel parts has a good reputation. They are not very good in my neck of the woods, you may want to check with other shops and make sure your going with one with a strong reputation for good work. I'm sure they will price match on the parts and labor.
oh wow well yea the one here in south Texas is the only one in the valley and a lot of the dealerships send them there trucks to have all the suspension done.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Oh wow,
oh wow well yea the one here in south Texas is the only one in the valley and a lot of the dealerships send them there trucks to have all the suspension done.

Then you are probably fine, if the folks running that place are good, you should be good especially if the dealers trust them. Here, the rep isn't so sterling, but it's probably more to do with those stores management.

James8563

Reaction score
Then you are probably fine, if the folks running that place are good, you should be good especially if the dealers trust them. Here, the rep isn't so sterling, but it's probably more to do with those stores management.
yea for sure always gota do your homework on mechanic shops.

SkyDweller

Reaction score
Having the Rough Country 3.5 Lift installed this week on my 2020 Rebel. Anyone else have any experience with the lift.
I’m told I will be able to run 295/60R20 with no issues.
I’m not installing the rear shocks that come with kit. Leaving the Stock instead.

DFav438

Reaction score
Got the RC 3.5 installed today on my 19 rebel. Went m with 35x12 tires and absolutely no rubbing at all...first impressions are good. Does not feel too far off from stock and can’t really notice the loss of power from the larger tires.
Have you had any issues with this setup?

DFav438

Reaction score
No issues at all...have about 7k miles on it so far....I did got to a 37x13.5 tire because the 35s looked tiny
I agree 35s do look tiny lol got any pics with the 37s? & Okay awesome.. I just had this kit installed and my angles just look really bad with the full 3.5 on it, do your angles look like this? also do you notice a rougher ride? Kind of a clunking sound? I really like the look but was contemplating taking to a shop to get it removed lol

Attachments

• C0146394-D10B-4457-AB16-EB4D26DC30B0.jpeg
    C0146394-D10B-4457-AB16-EB4D26DC30B0.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 139
  • 77369E4E-8842-4E21-B3CB-C75A72137CA6.jpeg
    77369E4E-8842-4E21-B3CB-C75A72137CA6.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 140
  • C41B15B6-9B64-4462-9B34-7B26743E750C.jpeg
    C41B15B6-9B64-4462-9B34-7B26743E750C.jpeg
    177 KB · Views: 140

DFav438

Reaction score
Full 3.5 readylift on ORP

Attachments

• 52574FBB-9132-4B1A-8511-5EB599589A35.jpeg
    52574FBB-9132-4B1A-8511-5EB599589A35.jpeg
    188.9 KB · Views: 167

Rollint

Reaction score
I agree 35s do look tiny lol got any pics with the 37s? & Okay awesome.. I just had this kit installed and my angles just look really bad with the full 3.5 on it, do your angles look like this? also do you notice a rougher ride? Kind of a clunking sound? I really like the look but was contemplating taking to a shop to get it removed lol
yikes! if you put a 3.5" lift on top of the rebel, then really you're at 4.5" right? You definitely need to do a front diff drop at that lift height. Also, those upper ball joints are a bit iffy too...might need some other UCA to fix that

DFav438

Reaction score
yikes! if you put a 3.5" lift on top of the rebel, then really you're at 4.5" right? You definitely need to do a front diff drop at that lift height. Also, those upper ball joints are a bit iffy too...might need some other UCA to fix that
Yeah it’s at 4.5, I think what I’m going to do is order the Motofab 2.5 and get rid of the readylift spacer all together, that way it’ll just be 3.5 . I didn’t think the angles would be this bad lol

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah it’s at 4.5, I think what I’m going to do is order the Motofab 2.5 and get rid of the readylift spacer all together, that way it’ll just be 3.5 . I didn’t think the angles would be this bad lol
The preload spacers are garbage. It changes the whole ride of the truck. Every chance the spring gets it wants to expand back to its original form. Its okay if your truck never sees dirt.

DFav438

Reaction score
The preload spacers are garbage. It changes the whole ride of the truck. Every chance the spring gets it wants to expand back to its original form. Its okay if your truck never sees dirt.
Man it just made the ride quality horrible, the front feels so stiff, if you’re going over bumps straight it feels okay but if you go over bumps with the wheel turned it clunks and makes all kinda of sounds. Getting them pulled off Friday and it’ll have the 2.5 Motofab with the readylift UCAs

orange01z28

Reaction score
That's a good price on parts, but for the love of God, make sure your 4-Wheel parts has a good reputation. They are not very good in my neck of the woods, you may want to check with other shops and make sure your going with one with a strong reputation for good work. I'm sure they will price match on the parts and labor.
I'm glad I read this post. I was about to go all in with them and their rep out here is ****ty too

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man it just made the ride quality horrible, the front feels so stiff, if you’re going over bumps straight it feels okay but if you go over bumps with the wheel turned it clunks and makes all kinda of sounds. Getting them pulled off Friday and it’ll have the 2.5 Motofab with the readylift UCAs
The clunking might be something else. I've never heard a strut clunk. Try having someone rock your truck side to side and check on the sway bar end links up front. It's a common problem and it happened to mine.

DFav438

Reaction score
The clunking might be something else. I've never heard a strut clunk. Try having someone rock your truck side to side and check on the sway bar end links up front. It's a common problem and it happened to mine.
I’ll have to look into that, do you have the 3.5 on yours?

Rowan11b

Reaction score

Oh my ****, rip cv axles

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ll have to look into that, do you have the 3.5 on yours?
It could possibly be the nut on the top hat that holds the strut assembly together. It's not uncommon for these to not get tightened up all the way. More than likely it is the sound of the upper control arm hitting the spring when you go over bumps. Looking at the pictures, you have less than a half inch clearance between the spring and the UCA. If you inspect the front springs, they probably have some rub marks from the UCA making contact.

Users who are viewing this thread