5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM 1500 hellwig swaybar

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This made me realize I have mine upside down and have it on that way for 2 years now I think lol
Hone
This made me realize I have mine upside down and have it on that way for 2 years now I think lol
Lol... Honestly probably doesnt make that big of a difference in how it performes. My main concern would be it hitting the transfer case especially if you have air ride and have it in
off-road mode.

Rogues Gambit

Reaction score
Got Bwoody's for the hell of it, overall my truck takes turns and curves faster than most vehicles (not full proof), and its a Rebel with Yoko Geolander's

Sammeybobbles

Reaction score
If you get the hellwig sway bar with adjustable end links, part number 7883 (for 2-4" lift) it will work just fine even though it says for 2-4" lift. The hellwig sway bar part number 7709 (for stock height) will not work with a 5" lift.
I also got the 7883, what did you do about the upper end link? Mine has welded nut and the Hellwig supplied bolt doesn't fit. If you put the OEM bolt in, it wiggles in the metal bushing sleeve. I thought about cutting the OEM nut off, but came on here to see if anyone dealt with this issue.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also got the 7883, what did you do about the upper end link? Mine has welded nut and the Hellwig supplied bolt doesn't fit. If you put the OEM bolt in, it wiggles in the metal bushing sleeve. I thought about cutting the OEM nut off, but came on here to see if anyone dealt with this issue.
I used the oem bolt and have not had any issues. I don't remember it being enough of a diameter difference to wiggle noticeably though.

Sammeybobbles

Reaction score
I used the oem bolt and have not had any issues. I don't remember it being enough of a diameter difference to wiggle noticeably though.
Thanks, I found your reply to someone else about this issue. Sorry for asking the same question. Thanks for the help.

Jimbilly

Reaction score
Is this an upgrade worth getting for a 2021 1500 4x4? Just picked it up, haven’t taken the stock one off but it doesnt seem much different at first glance? Maybe I’m just dumb, always a possibility.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is this an upgrade worth getting for a 2021 1500 4x4? Just picked it up, haven’t taken the stock one off but it doesnt seem much different at first glance? Maybe I’m just dumb, always a possibility.
OEM bar is hollow, Hellwig is solid. You will notice the weight difference when you remove it. If you really want to feel a difference get rid of the toothpicks RAM calls end links and get some beefier ones.

U

User_63152

I was thinking it over, and I've decided to return my Hellwig sway bar. It is unopened, so it shouldn't be a problem. I don't tow anything, and these trucks aren't performance race cars. I just don't think I really need it. Plus, I can use the money for other frivolous purchases. LOL.

:ROFLMAO:

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was thinking it over, and I've decided to return my Hellwig sway bar. It is unopened, so it shouldn't be a problem. I don't tow anything, and these trucks aren't performance race cars. I just don't think I really need it. Plus, I can use the money for other frivolous purchases. LOL.

That might be a first....def in my top 3 for mods. To each their own!!!

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Can't agree that the hellwig is frivolous as it actually is a useful addition to these trucks. However, if this isn't a performance race car you might have to remove that K&N drop in filter. ;)

U

User_63152

Can't agree that the hellwig is frivolous as it actually is a useful addition to these trucks. However, if this isn't a performance race car you might have to remove that K&N drop in filter. ;)
That is true about the K&N.

I didn't mean that the sway bar is a frivolous purchase. I meant, now that I retuned it, I can buy other things frivolously. (y)

I also returned the 87mm ported throttle body. I was having quite a bit of lag after installation. Even more than the stock throttle lag and even with the Roar Pedal. Put the stock TB back on, it was more responsive. I found that odd.

Like I said, not a race car. 🤣

Unfortunately, I am also a very indecisive person. It's a curse. :oops:

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I didn't mean that the sway bar is a frivolous purchase. I meant, now that I retuned it, I can buy other things frivolously. LOL.

I also returned the 87mm ported throttle body. I was having quite a bit of lag after installation. Even more than the stock throttle lag and even with the Roar Pedal. Put the stock TB back on, it was more responsive. I found that odd.

You should've gave the hellwig a shot! I bet it would still be on your truck! To each their own though, you can still do some interesting things with that mod money.

U

User_63152

You should've gave the hellwig a shot! I bet it would still be on your truck! To each their own though, you can still do some interesting things with that mod money.
I understand that. So, in a way, I don't know what I'm missing. Which is probably better for me. 🤣

I will also say that there was quite a bit of oily residue on the TB (on the underside, especially). Would a catch can help that? If so, what is a good one?

Last edited by a moderator:

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I didn't mean that the sway bar is a frivolous purchase. I meant, now that I retuned it, I can buy other things frivolously. (y)

What does "race car" have to do with anything?? You definitely need to try it before writing it off, it makes the truck corner much much better, it feels more planted and solid and "tight". Truck feels amazing with it on, even though I generally just sunday stroll my way around.

There is 37 pages on this forum alone all singing its praises. You really should have tried it.

Users who are viewing this thread