5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM 1500 hellwig swaybar

Reaction score
Hey guys

I got a 2019 Laramie Crew 5.7L 4x4

I just got back from Hellwig to let you know about their swaybar setups. We confirmed that the previous generation swaybar fits the 2019 like a glove. The ride quality has improved a lot and feels so much more stable in and out of corners. The swaybar is a lot more beffy and solid compared to OEM which comes hollow. Definitely recommend the product. Here are some pictures

Attachments

• Factory.jpg
    Factory.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,536
  • factory side.jpg
    factory side.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,646
  • Comparison.jpg
    Comparison.jpg
    970.9 KB · Views: 2,693
  • hellwig.jpg
    hellwig.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,662
  • hellwig side.jpg
    hellwig side.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,527

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it's awesome that you're modifying your truck already and reporting back to us with your upgrades. I know the Hellwig swaybar had some good reviews for the 4th gen trucks and have been considering picking one up myself.

Glad you like it!

Beastram

Reaction score
Hey guys

I got a 2019 Laramie Crew 5.7L 4x4

I just got back from Hellwig to let you know about their swaybar setups. We confirmed that the previous generation swaybar fits the 2019 like a glove. The ride quality has improved a lot and feels so much more stable in and out of corners. The swaybar is a lot more beffy and solid compared to OEM which comes hollow. Definitely recommend the product. Here are some pictures
Is that on air suspension or just the standard coral shocks

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just received an email from Hellwig stating they have no part for our trucks. So what am I missing folks so that I too can join in having this part please.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Oh wow so even though I contacted the company and they said they have nothing, a 4th generation one actually fits. Well that’s great news and my apologies if I came off the wrong way...

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh wow so even though I contacted the company and they said they have nothing, a 4th generation one actually fits. Well that’s great news and my apologies if I came off the wrong way...

You didn't come off the wrong way at all, no worries. (y)

PorBoy

Reaction score
Thank you as sometimes when your typing on the forum, your true intent may come across the wrong way. :)

PorBoy

Reaction score
Will I need the adjustable endlinks for them ? I was sent two part numbers from Helwig, one for the sway and one for the adjustable endlinks.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think you need the end links if you don't have the OEM sway bar.

Pnorth

Reaction score
I’m going to grab them both and if I don’t need them, I can always ship them back.

You want the end part - where you see the sway bar link is fastened - to sit level with the ground - flat - and since you have a 2" lift you most likely will need the adjustable links to achieve that.

PorBoy

Reaction score
I placed the order and the sway bar will arrive on Saturday and the end links next Thursday lol.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Thanks, I know that one is for a 2wd vehicle, but with mine being 4wd I have to wonder what would be different ?

PorBoy

Reaction score
Now see that drives me crazy lol as really if it’s a novice looking to buy, they would be put off since it states 2wd. Thank you for the updated information.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed mine today. Some observations in the install:

1. I used an 8mm socket on a breaker bar to hold the end link bolt while I used an 18mm ratchet to loosen the nut.

2. Seems to be some corrosion under the factory bushing on the axle so to be safe I sprayed some black rustoleum over the stained area. See pic below.

3. The bushing bracket from Hellwig needs some wiggling to line up the bolts. Just take your time so as not to cross thread the holes. I probably just got some poorly made brackets in my kit.

For now I set mine at the outermost hole (softest setting) and will see how I like it.

Pic of orange stain under factory bushing

IMG_9290.jpg

Painted with black rustoleum

image1(6).jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread