5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM 1500 hellwig swaybar

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So…My question is, if you don’t tow or go off road or don’t go over rough roads, is the Hellwig worth it? Mine arrived, but I’m worried about ruining the ride in my Limited with air suspension.
Thanks in advance. I appreciate your opinions.

ny2az

Reaction score
So…My question is, if you don’t tow or go off road or don’t go over rough roads, is the Hellwig worth it? Mine arrived, but I’m worried about ruining the ride in my Limited with air suspension.
Thanks in advance. I appreciate your opinions.
l added the Hellwig to my Limited ... it improved it dramatically ... a little firmer in ride but well worth the addition set on middle setting ... l am totally happy with the Hellwig bar on my truck ... the @ss of the truck was a little loose with the stock sway bar ... you will be completely satisfied ... go for it ...

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
l added the Hellwig to my Limited ... it improved it dramatically ... a little firmer in ride but well worth the addition set on middle setting ... l am totally happy with the Hellwig bar on my truck ... the @ss of the truck was a little loose with the stock sway bar ... you will be completely satisfied ... go for it ...
Completely agree. Added a lot of confidence in high-speed highway maneuvers that wasn't there with the stock bar.

Reaction score
Completely agree. Added a lot of confidence in high-speed highway maneuvers that wasn't there with the stock bar.

Definitely needed with the truck lifted and bigger tires. I found when I lifted my truck (roughly 5" all together with tires) I found that on the highway I truck swayed during lane changes and it didn't feel very nice and not planted. I didn't like the feeling. So I upgraded to the Hellwig and I have it set in the middle. Truck felt very planted after installing and no more sway on the highway when switching lanes. I highly recommend it.

I tried setting 3 but found it to be a little rough, very planted but too stiff for my liking. I don't think I tried setting 1, the softest setting or not that I can remember anyhow.

Now with the 2" and 2.5" wheel spacers the truck is even more planted. Definitely recommend the Hellwig.

Jp306

Reaction score
For those with rear lift heights of 2+ inches, did you opt for the adjustable links or stick to stock? I've got the ORG plus a 1.5" spacer for about 2.5" lift over a non-ORG. I'm sold on Hellwig, and I think it will be great for towing my travel trailer! The links are the only unknown for me. Hopefully when I get back from camping I'll have the info I need for the combined experience to pull the trigger, thanks in advance!!
***This was probably touched on somewhere within these 40 pages, but I read 20+ and nothing definitive...so I apologize if this question is redundant.

Reaction score
For those with rear lift heights of 2+ inches, did you opt for the adjustable links or stick to stock? I've got the ORG plus a 1.5" spacer for about 2.5" lift over a non-ORG. I'm sold on Hellwig, and I think it will be great for towing my travel trailer! The links are the only unknown for me. Hopefully when I get back from camping I'll have the info I need for the combined experience to pull the trigger, thanks in advance!!
***This was probably touched on somewhere within these 40 pages, but I read 20+ and nothing definitive...so I apologize if this question is redundant.
I have the Mopar Lift and I believe when I put the links the measurements from eye to eye was longer then the factory one. It's been 1 year so I can't remember exactly.

I think when I researching some people said they would get away with the factory links. And I'm sure you could. But with that being said, for the extra little but of money I would upgrade them anyhow. They are beefier then stock and it's nice you can adjust them.

Hopefully that answers your question. You can get away with factory but better just to upgrade if your buying the Hellwig. Otherwise it will cost you more if you decide to get then later on.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Hellwig 7709 and the endlinks (7961 the 8-11" ones) are enroute.

It's been great reading about others' experiences here with it: hoping I get the same upgrade to my ride.

(Edited to correct the endlink part number. Thanks to @ny2az for the correction. FWIW, the 7962 endlinks are 11-14". I'm ORG (so 1" above stock), and will go just 2" - 2 1/2" total lift above stock, so the 7961 should be good for that, as I understand it.)

Last edited:

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally got around to posting up the hellwig bar I am selling. Asking 235 shipped, comes with all necessary hardware. Used for 4-5k miles

Attachments

• 641D8333-A8EC-434F-BC62-44D8C270C164.jpeg
    641D8333-A8EC-434F-BC62-44D8C270C164.jpeg
    220 KB · Views: 55

ny2az

Reaction score
My Hellwig 7709 and the endlinks (7861 (?) the 8-11" ones) are enroute.

It's been great reading about others' experiences here with it: hoping I get the same upgrade to my ride.the

My Hellwig 7709 and the endlinks (7861 (?) the 8-11" ones) are enroute.

It's been great reading about others' experiences here with it: hoping I get the same upgrade to my ride.
end link's part number is 7961 ...

Reactions: c3k

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
There is a member selling a 7709 on the forum for $235 shipped. I saw it yesterday.
thanks for the info but I am from Europe and will receive my truck after summer...
And wonder or need to check how it is with warranty when I would install those kind of things.

brenan00

Reaction score
thanks for the info but I am from Europe and will receive my truck after summer...
And wonder or need to check how it is with warranty when I would install those kind of things.
Aloha, I am sorry, I should have seen Belgium in your location. Have trouble getting things shipped to were I live as well. It looks fairly easy to install, how it affects the warranty is a different issue. Good Luck

tidefan1967

Reaction score
Absolutely no warranty issues with a swaybar upgrade, I doubt they would even notice it anyway.

DivingOtter

Reaction score
Stupid Question time!

I've seen people install it on the front and the rear in photos... Which is it supposed to be? or Both if you have the cash!

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Stupid Question time!

I've seen people install it on the front and the rear in photos... Which is it supposed to be? or Both if you have the cash!
Hellwig does not make a sway bar for the front of the Ram truck. The factory is sufficient.

You just need to order one for the rear.

ny2az

Reaction score
l have a new set of end links for sale if anyone with a lifted truck is interested ... came w/ my hellwig 7883 set ....
$75 shipped in lower 48 ...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread