5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM 1500 hellwig swaybar

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I was going to use Moog end links with the Hellwig but they are not much thicker than stock. So Is it necessary to use beefier end links? Sway bar still on soft setting and enjoying improved ride.
You’ll be fine with the factory ones. Save your money.

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
Has anyone towed with this installed? If so was it an improvement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone towed with this installed? If so was it an improvement?

I towed my camper over the holidays but only 35 miles each way and there was traffic. So inconclusive so far.

Mid February I have a 500 mile trip planned. I should have something to report after that trip.

Seaeco

Reaction score
Sooo after reading all the reviews, my order showed up today! Other than loosening and tightening the sway bar end links it was an easy install. I’m starting with the recommend setting (furthest hole) and will drive it for awhile before testing the middle hole.

I do have two questions and am going to call Hellwig tomorrow for some advice, but I thought I’d check with you all first. First question. Is it better to use the factory bolts/washers even when there is a very small gap between the washer and the bushing clamp or the Hellwig bolts without the washer? The second is, the instructions state when reinstalling the nut on the sway bar end links, to tighten until the bushing has a slight bulge. I tightened the nut as much as possible, but could not get the bar to touch the bushing and therefore bulge. There seems to be the slightest gap; maybe 1/32nd to 1/64th of an inch (eyeballing it) and is this normal? The nut is definitely tight and I’ve attached a picture for reference.

After going for a quick test drive, there is definitely a noticeable improvement in reduced body roll and overall better road feel. I love the confident demeanor of the truck now and can’t wait to do some proper testing this weekend!! Thanks to everyone for the great mod suggestion!

Attachments

• 8DE81EA3-A3DC-4162-B4D0-3CA508590F89.jpeg
    8DE81EA3-A3DC-4162-B4D0-3CA508590F89.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 144
  • 41C5942A-F32B-4EEB-960A-8ACA158CCE93.jpeg
    41C5942A-F32B-4EEB-960A-8ACA158CCE93.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 145

Bellpa

Reaction score
I also noticed that after tightening the nut on the end links, nowhere near any kind of bulge. I'm not worried, it's tight.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Sooo after reading all the reviews, my order showed up today! Other than loosening and tightening the sway bar end links it was an easy install. I’m starting with the recommend setting (furthest hole) and will drive it for awhile before testing the middle hole.

I do have two questions and am going to call Hellwig tomorrow for some advice, but I thought I’d check with you all first. First question. Is it better to use the factory bolts/washers even when there is a very small gap between the washer and the bushing clamp or the Hellwig bolts without the washer? The second is, the instructions state when reinstalling the nut on the sway bar end links, to tighten until the bushing has a slight bulge. I tightened the nut as much as possible, but could not get the bar to touch the bushing and therefore bulge. There seems to be the slightest gap; maybe 1/32nd to 1/64th of an inch (eyeballing it) and is this normal? The nut is definitely tight and I’ve attached a picture for reference.

After going for a quick test drive, there is definitely a noticeable improvement in reduced body roll and overall better road feel. I love the confident demeanor of the truck now and can’t wait to do some proper testing this weekend!! Thanks to everyone for the great mod suggestion!
Glad you like it!
I used the bolts provided, with washers, torqued to recommended settings. Regarding the bushing, don’t sweat it. They will not bulge no matter how tight you go.

Cheers,

Rustin5

Reaction score
Every one running the mopar 2” lift are y’all going with the lifted version of the hellwig sway bar? I didn’t realize there was a lifted version and ordered the one for standard height trucks

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Every one running the mopar 2” lift are y’all going with the lifted version of the hellwig sway bar? I didn’t realize there was a lifted version and ordered the one for standard height trucks
It’s not a lifted version, just longer links.
With 2 inch lift you’ll be fine with stock links.

Seaeco

Reaction score
Glad you like it!
I used the bolts provided, with washers, torqued to recommended settings. Regarding the bushing, don’t sweat it. They will not bulge no matter how tight you go.

Cheers,
Thanks for the feedback and in talking with Hellwig today, they said the supplied bolts may be used without the washers and to use some loctite. I may go to the hardware store to see if I can find a slightly smaller washer that will sit flush on the bracket with these bolts or just use stock. Either way, I'm good to go and you can really feel the difference the Hellwig makes around corners and anytime the backend moves. Fantastic up grade so far!

Pino F

Reaction score
Do you use the bushings, brackets and bolts that come with the kit or the original ones? I have seen videos that have used either and wondering what is best.

Thx
Pino

2020blckout

Reaction score
Interesting. No issues on my end. Just drove to Katy and back this evening on I-10 and it behaved like it always does.
Well... almost. I just installed the PC, and my truck now feels 2000 lbs lighter. OMG. It’s a friggin rocket.
You have got to get one of them in your Ltd. Thank me later... o_O o_O o_O
what's the pc?

2020blckout

Reaction score
And if you've got the air suspension, there's no way to have the bar ends parallel to the ground at every AS setting. If that was OK for Ram with the stock setup, I've got no issue with it on the Hellwig.

And it performs great with the stock links on AS BTW.
I have a 2020 limiter air suspension and my Hellwig is alway parallel
it wasn't but I just flip it ( right side to left and now is alway parallel on any mode

2020blckout

Reaction score
I installed 7709 on my Rebel. If you are lifted, you may want to replace your stock fixed links with the adjustable and beefier Hellwig ones. The bar is most efficient when arms are parallel with ground. I reused the stock links and they work fine and are close to parallel to ground and my Rebel has a built in 1" lift from factory.
what are you referring with the arms parallel with the ground you are taking about the center part like a u shape parallel?
because my 2020 limited the middle part is always parallel don't matter if I put It on off road 2 or exit mode

zchamber

Reaction score
I have a 2020 limiter air suspension and my Hellwig is alway parallel
it wasn't but I just flip it ( right side to left and now is alway parallel on any mode
Just want to second 2020blckout experience, had to flip it to get parallel, otherwise it was odd upward tilt in the middle. Wonder if there was a preferred left or right side, it should be marked.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Felt the difference on the first drive or two - now it feels back to the old ride - maybe I should go to the firmest setting? Suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread