5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM 1500 hellwig swaybar

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Houston roads are rookies compared to New Jersey ones lol. We could take them under our wing and show them how real ballers do it. :)

tpartain

Reaction score
Wow, I just spent the last 30 minutes reading this whole thread. Its quite the love fest for the Hellwig bar. While the vast majority of the comments are non towing. The one comment that I read on towing was positive. Any other users towing with the bar? I'm pulling a 6500 lbs trailer and would like to hear from others that have towing experience with the Hellwig bar. TIA

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow, I just spent the last 30 minutes reading this whole thread. Its quite the love fest for the Hellwig bar. While the vast majority of the comments are non towing. The one comment that I read on towing was positive. Any other users towing with the bar? I'm pulling a 6500 lbs trailer and would like to hear from others that have towing experience with the Hellwig bar. TIA
I’m also interested in any towing reviews. I have the Hellwig installed on my truck for 2 weeks but haven’t towed yet. I will be towing our travel trailer this weekend but only about 30 miles through the Miami metro area. Probably not far enough to give a full review but we’ll see what the weather conditions are like. If it’s windy maybe I can make a better assessment.

While not towing, immediately after installing I noticed that the rear end feels more planted. I have it on the firmest setting and don’t notice any added harshness to the ride. The roads here are pretty good though.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Some of the towing threads—and some of the air suspension threads—discuss the Hellwig while towing. I don't have the posts handy, unfortunately.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^what speedy said. Many months ago reading about it installed and towing. All I remember was great reviews on the subject.

Stickerhead

Reaction score
I have pulled my car hauler with my Jeep on it. Jeep and trailer weigh about 6500 lbs. No body roll with the Hellwig like stock. I am on the softest setting. Great mod!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silver billet

Reaction score
So this showed up yesterday afternoon, can't wait to get it installed. Sort of reserving my expectations on how effective it is since I already have a very light truck compared to you fancy folk and your loaded Limiteds, but hopeful anyway.

(This thread ought to be bookmarked by the Hellwig PR dept)

Attachments

• 20191224_180205.jpg
    20191224_180205.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 101

Snwjnky

Reaction score
This is on my short list.
Once the credit card cools off from Christmas. That thing is smoking hot right now o_O

Jwrichardson

Reaction score
Could anyone guide me to the model number for the hellwig sway bar for the 2019 ram rebel with air suspension?

Patsy1099

Reaction score

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
I know this question was asked in another thread....but since this is the Hellwig thread, I am hoping someone fits the profile. Wanted some feedback with Hellwig and the Bilstein shocks combo???

I don't want to raise my vehicle any, if possible.

Patsy1099

Reaction score
I know this question was asked in another thread....but since this is the Hellwig thread, I am hoping someone fits the profile. Wanted some feedback with Hellwig and the Bilstein shocks combo???

I don't want to raise my vehicle any, if possible.

I have a rebel and it works awesome. I don’t think raising your vehicle would be necessary or have anything to with the sway bar. Should work fine with your shocks.

Bee7_ivan

Reaction score
Powder coating one to match the color of the truck would be sweet

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
I have a rebel and it works awesome. I don’t think raising your vehicle would be necessary or have anything to with the sway bar. Should work fine with your shocks.
Patsy1099,

I too have the Hellwig sway bar already and enjoy it thoroughly!!! I am wanting feedback on the combo of the bilsteins+Hellwig rear sway bar.

So I am looking for the better shocks along with the Hellwig; I am not clear on what type of shocks the 2019 come with standard, just looking for that improvement I know the bilsteins will add to my current setup(stock shocks with Hellwig)?

Patsy1099

Reaction score
Patsy1099,

I too have the Hellwig sway bar already and enjoy it thoroughly!!! I am wanting feedback on the combo of the bilsteins+Hellwig rear sway bar.

So I am looking for the better shocks along with the Hellwig; I am not clear on what type of shocks the 2019 come with standard, just looking for that improvement I know the bilsteins will add to my current setup(stock shocks with Hellwig)?

The Rebel comes with the upgraded Bilstein shocks so I have that combo. I’m lovin it(y)

Users who are viewing this thread